• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams add players to PUP list

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kendricks, Cujo and Daniels. I'd like to see Kendricks get healthy, a two TE set in our offensive scheme would be beneficial at times.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have plenty of TEs in camp. He can stay there until he gets healthy. I wonder if Barrett Jones who is returning from foot surgery will be added to that list?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Barrett Jones who is returning from foot surgery will be added to that list?
Nope, it has to be a football related injury and even though it was a college football injury it doesn't count.

Here's the full pup list story..

Rams Report: TE Kendricks, DT Cudjo, S Daniels on PUP list

When the Rams begin full-squad workouts on Thursday in Earth City, they will be without tight end Lance Kendricks, DT Jermelle Cudjo and safety Matt Daniels. All are on the physically unable to perform list due to injury.

Kendricks, a third-year pro out of Wisconsin, came on a year ago to catch 42 passes for 519 yards and four touchdowns and is expected to team with free agent Jared Cook as part of the Rams' high-powered tight end spot. Kendricks sat out this spring's organized team activities after having his knee scoped in the offseason.
Daniels is also working his way back from a knee injury.

Thirty-six players were on hand as the Rams opened camp with the first of two rookie workouts Monday at Rams Park in Earth City.

The rookies will practice again today, with full-squad workouts set to begin Thursday at 3:30 p.m.

Two offensive linemen, Barrett Jones and free agent Braden Brown, did not practice Monday. Jones, the Rams' fourth-round draft choice from Alabama, is healing from a foot injury suffered during his final season with the Crimson Tide.

Jones will begin camp on the non-football injury list because the injury took place before he joined the Rams. He counts against the 90-man roster. Rams head coach Jeff Fisher expects Jones to practice within the next couple of weeks.

"If that's what (Coach Fisher) says, that sounds about right,'' Jones said.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also this is called the active pup list. Not the normal pup list. These guys can come back to practice at any time.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is the deadline for players to be taken off PUP list so they can play in the reg season?

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anytime before reg season starts.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't know there were 2 pup lists. I thought it was mainly just one; its good to know they can come off at anytime; I was starting to panic lol.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jermaine - There is just one PUP (physically unable to perform) list. The issue is you have to be off the list before August 31 to be eligible to play right away. Anyone who is still on the PUP list after that date has to sit out the first 6 games of the season.

A new rule came into existence last year that every team could designate 1 exception to the 6 games missed rule.