• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders Sign Taylor Mays

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see what you're saying. On the other hand, if Jed keeps in mind all of the departures thru retirement and other means, I would think he'd not go head hunting and would give Baalke at least another year to try to rebuild the team. And if significant progress doesn't take place, THEN he throws Baalke over board. And Tomsula as well.

I think it depends on what this year and next brings. Expectations aren't high this year because of all that happened in the offseason. But if this team goes 2-14 over the next couple of years then there will be a fan revolt. York isn't going to escape the wrath but he is going to have to act to try and save face. Probably means cleaning house.

VASFfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it depends on what this year and next brings. Expectations aren't high this year because of all that happened in the offseason. But if this team goes 2-14 over the next couple of years then there will be a fan revolt. York isn't going to escape the wrath but he is going to have to act to try and save face. Probably means cleaning house.

Not trying to contradict myself, but if the team goes 2-14 this year (much less for two years), Baalke's probably on the hot seat, as would be Tomsula. York does have that shiny new stadium he has to fill, which a crap team makes more difficult. Even so, I gotta think Baalke gets at least this year and next to rebuild, for two reasons. First, and most obviously, all the player turnover that came out of left field. But secondly, York basically chose Baalke over Harbaugh and then chose a neophyte to be his head coach. Or at least acquiesced to that choice. If he tosses Baalke aside this winter, to my mind that's tantamount to trying to absolve himself of any responsibility for what happened and making Baalke the sole fall guy. Which isn't to say he wouldn't do it, but it would be pretty shameless of him to try.

Whether Tomsula has beyond this year, I'm not sure. He doesn't have to have a winning record, but if he looks badly over his head, York and Baalke may have to pull the plug. Frankly, something subtle recently has me concerned. Tomsula has grown increasingly perturbed over all the penalties, as well he should. But frequently, maybe most of the time, excessive penalties comes down to inadequate coaching and discipline. The fact that Tomsula is getting peeved is fine, but it maybe signals that he doesn't have a handle on why it's happening. Stamping his feet isn't enough, he may need to do a better job of coaching technique and do a better job of kicking guys in the butt in practice. This is just pure speculation, hopefully I'm completely wrong.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to contradict myself, but if the team goes 2-14 this year (much less for two years), Baalke's probably on the hot seat, as would be Tomsula. York does have that shiny new stadium he has to fill, which a crap team makes more difficult. Even so, I gotta think Baalke gets at least this year and next to rebuild, for two reasons. First, and most obviously, all the player turnover that came out of left field. But secondly, York basically chose Baalke over Harbaugh and then chose a neophyte to be his head coach. Or at least acquiesced to that choice. If he tosses Baalke aside this winter, to my mind that's tantamount to trying to absolve himself of any responsibility for what happened and making Baalke the sole fall guy. Which isn't to say he wouldn't do it, but it would be pretty shameless of him to try.

Whether Tomsula has beyond this year, I'm not sure. He doesn't have to have a winning record, but if he looks badly over his head, York and Baalke may have to pull the plug. Frankly, something subtle recently has me concerned. Tomsula has grown increasingly perturbed over all the penalties, as well he should. But frequently, maybe most of the time, excessive penalties comes down to inadequate coaching and discipline. The fact that Tomsula is getting peeved is fine, but it maybe signals that he doesn't have a handle on why it's happening. Stamping his feet isn't enough, he may need to do a better job of coaching technique and do a better job of kicking guys in the butt in practice. This is just pure speculation, hopefully I'm completely wrong.
I agree. Baalke isnt going to escape it. It could be Donahue/Erickson all over again. Well see. The penalties have been an ongoing problem since last season. Killed us a couple of times last season