• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quick Review of Titans game

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
-Pretty good game overall for our team. We slipped up a little bit there at the end but for the most of the game, we were dominate.

-Kaepernick is starting to show flashes of himself from last year. It's crazy its taken so long to get to this point. His legs were a real weapon in this game which for some reason, its been lacking this year. He went through some progressions pretty good. He showed some good accuracy on some throws and overall pretty good decisions. He still isn't where he was at last year, but there seems to be progress every week.

-Eric Reid was pretty quiet this game until the end. This isn't necessarily a bad thing though from a safety. I dont think we've seen Reid really get beat in coverage yet this year. QB's are not going at him so that limits some plays he can make but that also means he must be doing well in coverage.

-Brock made a few good plays. He seems to be a decent CB and much better than Nmandi.

-Our D-line struggled a little bit in run defense. Dorsey is one player that stuck out that got man handled a few times. This could be in part due to his injury.

-Its disappointing Baldwin cannot get involved in this offense. He seemed to show some flashes and obviously has a lot of natural talent but he doesn't seem to be getting the opportunities.

-Even though Vernon Davis is still banged up a bit, he continues to be probably our best offensive player. He is extremely vital to this offense and team right now.

-Justin Smith and Ray Mcdonald had some nice plays. Good to see from them even though they are dealing with injuries as well.

-I didnt notice Dial very much. It was his first game so atleast getting some reps is a good thing.

-Our oline appeared to have a good game. Protection seemed to hold up well and there were some running lanes.

boonebutt_medium.gif

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
-Pretty good game overall for our team. We slipped up a little bit there at the end but for the most of the game, we were dominate.

-Kaepernick is starting to show flashes of himself from last year. It's crazy its taken so long to get to this point. His legs were a real weapon in this game which for some reason, its been lacking this year. He went through some progressions pretty good. He showed some good accuracy on some throws and overall pretty good decisions. He still isn't where he was at last year, but there seems to be progress every week.

-Eric Reid was pretty quiet this game until the end. This isn't necessarily a bad thing though from a safety. I dont think we've seen Reid really get beat in coverage yet this year. QB's are not going at him so that limits some plays he can make but that also means he must be doing well in coverage.

-Brock made a few good plays. He seems to be a decent CB and much better than Nmandi.

-Our D-line struggled a little bit in run defense. Dorsey is one player that stuck out that got man handled a few times. This could be in part due to his injury.

-Its disappointing Baldwin cannot get involved in this offense. He seemed to show some flashes and obviously has a lot of natural talent but he doesn't seem to be getting the opportunities.

-Even though Vernon Davis is still banged up a bit, he continues to be probably our best offensive player. He is extremely vital to this offense and team right now.

-Justin Smith and Ray Mcdonald had some nice plays. Good to see from them even though they are dealing with injuries as well.

-I didnt notice Dial very much. It was his first game so atleast getting some reps is a good thing.

-Our oline appeared to have a good game. Protection seemed to hold up well and there were some running lanes.

boonebutt_medium.gif

yes, overall a good game with no turnovers and few penalties. all three Units did well and i'd like to single out CJ Spillman on coverages. again, no problem with KW fair catching, cause he does catch it well.

Dial looks HUGE in there and is tall for a NT? not that i care how tall he is, just that it struck me first. we'll just see how he progresses?

Baldwin also looks the part when he's lined up, but too bad he isn't getting more involved?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The GIF reminds me of when Greene did that to Young.

For Baldwin. I think people need to take a more measured approach. The offense as it stands right now does not give a whole lot of opportunities to the little guys. Running game deservedly takes a lot of snaps. Plus, Kap as a young QB is leaning heavily on his two best targets and it is kind of hard to fault him when they are seemingly taking turns having big games over the last month. Baldwin, Williams, and McDonald are lucky if they get more than 2 targets in a single game.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dial looks HUGE in there and is tall for a NT? not that i care how tall he is, just that it struck me first. we'll just see how he progresses?

Yeah, I was expecting a different look from him with the reports that were coming out. I expected him to look much "fatter" w/the amount of weight he reportedly put on.

Also, I think when he was in the game, they had him playing DE instead of NT which was a surprise.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

For Baldwin. I think people need to take a more measured approach. The offense as it stands right now does not give a whole lot of opportunities to the little guys. Running game deservedly takes a lot of snaps. Plus, Kap as a young QB is leaning heavily on his two best targets and it is kind of hard to fault him when they are seemingly taking turns having big games over the last month. Baldwin, Williams, and McDonald are lucky if they get more than 2 targets in a single game.

McDonald is another one I would love to see more involved. But like the points you bring up, there are limits to this.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

boonebutt_medium.gif

And he won't get any opportunities unless there is a play where he is the first option because kaepernick never looks beyond the first option. So Baldwin is stuck.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chance Warmack had his way with our Dline. He played very well against us, from what I saw.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was expecting a different look from him with the reports that were coming out. I expected him to look much "fatter" w/the amount of weight he reportedly put on.

Also, I think when he was in the game, they had him playing DE instead of NT which was a surprise.

Boy, watching him in those last few minutes of the game was comical though. He was so gassed he wasn't making an inch of headway in the pass rush. At least he got some game time though.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Kaep's reaction after Boone headbutts him.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm sure others are better-informed than I, are there a lot of tall, relatively "skinny" NTs like that around? He seems like he could get up to 340 and still not look fat.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I like Kaep's reaction after Boone headbutts him.

At first I thought he was scared of Boone's intensity, but upon further viewing I think Boone probably just has bad breath. :)

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what I was thinking. I'm sure others are better-informed than I, are there a lot of tall, relatively "skinny" NTs like that around? He seems like he could get up to 340 and still not look fat.

He is already over 340 lbs

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just googling it, Barrows had him at 320, Maiocco and a few others list 318.

Draft scouting says 304, so it is a big jump already.

Reports last week before he took the field were that he gained weight to help at NT when Williams went down and that he was at 348lbs. He did look good and his is long. 6'5.5" so it might hide his weight. Reports were he was going to be like Calais Campbell

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers Blog and Q&A: Reinforcements coming: Carradine, Dial, Manningham -- even Crabtree -- close to joining 49ers

The reinforcements are coming!

Jim Harbaugh today said the 49ers' two rookie defensive linemen, Tank Carradine and Quinton Dial, are on track to begin practicing for the first time next week. After they start practicing, the team has a three-week window with which to add them to the 53-man roster or shut them down completely for the season.

Carradine, a second-round pick who is coming off an ACL injury suffered in November, will play defensive end and is ostensibly the long-term replacement for Justin Smith. Dial, who Harbaugh said was up to 340-350 pounds, would play nose tackle. "Moving real well," Harbaugh said of Dial, a fifth-round pick. "So high hopes for him." He said he expected both to contribute this season, although they likely will need plenty of practice before they are game-ready.

That news comes as the 49ers await word on defensive end Ray McDonald, who suffered a right biceps injury in the third quarter Sunday. McDonald is having an MRI on the arm today, which will determine how much time he'll miss. The results of that MRI were not available in time for Harbaugh's noon press conference.

Harbaugh also had good news about wide receivers Mario Manningham and Michael Crabtree. Like Dial and Carradine, Manningham is on track to resume practicing with the team next week as it prepares for a two week trip to Nashville and then London. He said Crabtree is on schedule to return to the field by mid to late November, which is in line with a six-month rehabilitation from his May 21 Achilles' tendon tear. Crabtree has been running and doing agility drills, and he has looked remarkably spry for someone who had a complete rupture less than five months ago.

Two more defensive players could join the ranks in coming weeks as well. Like the others listed above, cornerback Eric Wright currently is on the non-football injury list, and Harbaugh said he, too, could start practicing next week. All of the players on NFI are eligible to start practicing after Week 6 to Week 11. From that point, there is a three-week window for putting them on the 53-man roster.

He said he also believes that Aldon Smith, currently in a substance abuse treatment program, is making progress. "A few texts," Harbaugh said. "Heard things are going very well, very positive, (from the) reports back."

He said there is no timetable for Smith's return.

-- Matt Barrows

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports last week before he took the field were that he gained weight to help at NT when Williams went down and that he was at 348lbs. He did look good and his is long. 6'5.5" so it might hide his weight. Reports were he was going to be like Calais Campbell

That is best case scenario IMO. I do believe he is too tall to play NT as he won't be able to get leverage but I did think that about Boone at RG and I have been pleasantly wrong about that so in Harbaalke we trust.

Last edited by a moderator:

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dial, who Harbaugh said was up to 340-350 pounds, would play nose tackle. "Moving real well," Harbaugh said of Dial, a fifth-round pick. "So high hopes for him." He said he expected both to contribute this season, although they likely will need plenty of practice before they are game-ready.

OK, thanks. Makes it pretty amazing how he looked, he was pretty trim.....he wears that weight like Jonathan Ogden did, who was a lot taller.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he did it to drunkenmiller and then the poor guy couldn't throw straight for the rest of his career