• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quick Poll: CK and AS

Question in thread.

• Yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 85.7%

• Total voters

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Please resist the sensation to reply.

Was CK's 1st NFL start more impressive than any start ever made by Alex Smith in his NFL career?

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No I think the one Alex Smith game that beats this game is the Saints game last year in the playoffs.

That Saints team last year is about as clicking as you can get on offense, and Alex Smith beat Drew Brees in a shootout.

MNF the Chicago offense was pathetic. That offense could not do anything. Then Chicago D ends up being on the field too long and it does affect the D.

Like I said, I think Kap has a higher ceiling than Alex. Looking forward to this weekend's Saints game. The Saints are as good now on offense as they were last year playoffs time. I think the Saints will make the game into a shootout. Excited to see Kap in a shootout with Brees in New Orleans.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No I think the one Alex Smith game that beats this game is the Saints game last year in the playoffs.

That Saints team last year is about as clicking as you can get on offense, and Alex Smith beat Drew Brees in a shootout.

MNF the Chicago offense was pathetic. That offense could not do anything. Then Chicago D ends up being on the field too long and it does affect the D.

Like I said, I think Kap has a higher ceiling than Alex. Looking forward to this weekend's Saints game. The Saints are as good now on offense as they were last year playoffs time. I think the Saints will make the game into a shootout. Excited to see Kap in a shootout with Brees in New Orleans.

Yup agreed, especially considering it is the playoffs after all. Smith had some unbelievable throws that game. The long bomb to Davis was crazy good. And obviously the game winning TD was a holy shit and big balls throw.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Saints game was way better. The Bears D this past week was awful. They barely even put up a fight as they mostly could not stop us from running, got no pressure on Kaep, and were abused by play action passes early and often.

Alex 18/19 with 3td's a few weeks ago on MNF was also a great game.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Saints game was way better. The Bears D this past week was awful. They barely even put up a fight as they mostly could not stop us from running, got no pressure on Kaep, and were abused by play action passes early and often.

Alex 18/19 with 3td's a few weeks ago on MNF was also a great game.

Because the Cardinals defense in that came did put up a fight, right? I like the hypocrisy there.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol true
I guess our offense has a way of making good defenses look bad when everything clicks.

True, but Kaep in his game was making one impressive throw after the next. In the Cardinals game more than 60% of Alex's yards came after the catch and his longest target was 19 yards.

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but Kaep in his game was making one impressive throw after the next. In the Cardinals game more than 60% of Alex's yards came after the catch and his longest target was 19 yards.

So what you are saying is that Kaep doesn't give his receivers as much of an opportunity to get YAC as Alex does. :bolt:

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Because the Cardinals defense in that came did put up a fight, right? I like the hypocrisy there.

You did not answer the question. The playoff win against the Saints was way more impressive. Two lead gaining TD's in the last 5 minutes in a playoff game where Smith made great throws and great plays. Nothing against Kaep, but he has not done that.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kaep's escapability played a big role on more than a few of those passes. He avoided getting sacked on at least two occasions and I'm sure the defense had to respect his threat as a runner = less aggressive

Sometimes in order to throw the deep ball, the QB has to buy time but moving out of the pocket and letting the secondary routes develop.