• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

queen

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Larry Brooks: New York Rangers will have to pay to keep goalie Henrik Lundqvist - NYPOST.com

i know that i said bringing him here after next season would be the ultimate slap in the rangers face but damn after reading what he will probably get $80 million for 8 years is INSANE! he will be getting $10 million at the age of 40 on a body that is definitely going to start breaking down probably by year 5 of the deal.

rangers are def in a bind i know they have the money for it. but no more buyouts after richards. lounogo 2.0?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
that story also brings up a interesting situation i didnt think of would the flyers offer RFA mcdounagh a offer sheet? that would be really interesting the rangers would HAVE to match it

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't want any part of him. His play will likely decline with age and it's almost inevitable that the league will crack down on goaltender's pads, can we say with certainty he'll continue to perform when that happens? It's smarter to build a team in front of the goalie.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah i do agree that his best days are probably behind him.

just really nice to see the rangers have to sweat this out like we did with parise.

imo i dont think he resigns until he hits the market there is no reason for him to do it

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well make this the shit on the Rangers thread, Torts is gone. Which probably hurts us because they might actually hire somebody that can effectively use Nash.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
you can't do $10 mil on a goalie... ever. Market it oversaturated and it will kill your team.

I do have to disagree about him breaking down though. He started his career really late and has had two years of lockouts to rest and maintain his strength. He probably has longer shelf life of other butterfly goalies

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can't do $10 mil on a goalie... ever. Market it oversaturated and it will kill your team.

I do have to disagree about him breaking down though. He started his career really late and has had two years of lockouts to rest and maintain his strength. He probably has longer shelf life of other butterfly goalies

Still damn few goalies are effective in their late 30's let alone 40. Marty has declined some but is still a top goalie but basically he is a freak of nature with the number of games he has played and his age....Henrietta aint the great Broduer

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
he will drop off it happens to everyone but probably near the middle of the contract.

heck with a new coach and maybe more open offense he will be facing a ton of shots and better quality chances i think.

yeah he has great defense but still trying to locate all those shots from the shot blockers and the pressure of playing in nyc and knowing you cant give up 2 goals or you will lose. the mental fatigue has to be even more then his physical.

just like louongo in couver

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
but yeah 80 million for a goalie is insane. i could see the flyers trying to offer something like that to him though esp if they buyout bryz

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i rather the rangers get handcuffed with him for that much lol.

i hate the rangers more then the flyers

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Or its possible all these years of constantly standing on his head every game to keep the Rangers in it are going to take a toll on him quicker. He might have aged 3-4 years extra.
Yes, rangers block shots, but at the same time, they also give up a lot of shots that hit the net.
He basically carries that team every game.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
he will drop off it happens to everyone but probably near the middle of the contract.

heck with a new coach and maybe more open offense he will be facing a ton of shots and better quality chances i think.

yeah he has great defense but still trying to locate all those shots from the shot blockers and the pressure of playing in nyc and knowing you cant give up 2 goals or you will lose. the mental fatigue has to be even more then his physical.

just like louongo in couver

Good point on mental fatigue. He scared ranger fans with what he said about his upcoming free agency. Yes, probably partly for negotiation purposes, but also because he might be tired of all the pressure on him and little offensive support every game.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not forget one thing that makes him as good as he is... The Rags under Tort where trained to block shots at all costs..... that will change with the new coach because that style was killing them.... esp the way Tort ran it. You take away that D in front of him doing that and we will see how good he really is....

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
wow read last night that wayne wants to coach them?

if they ever went with wayne or messier i think it sets itself up for a diasaster and you can kiss lundqvist extension goodbye.

even more funny it would be if they hired wayne to coach and messier assistant

btw

i think marc crawford gets the job