• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB Situation

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have any thoughts on the QB situation for next year?

SMAG looked decent (The Houston game was bad, but he was injured and probably shouldn't have been out there but we didn't have a backup).

I haven't payed too much attention to the backups. Didn't we have a good redshirt freshman last year that they said was good?

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have any thoughts on the QB situation for next year?

SMAG looked decent (The Houston game was bad, but he was injured and probably shouldn't have been out there but we didn't have a backup).

I haven't payed too much attention to the backups. Didn't we have a good redshirt freshman last year that they said was good?
It will be a three-way battle between Maguire, Deondre Francois (Redshirt Freshman) and Malik Henry (True Freshman). SMag is out for spring ball. So Francois and Henry really have an opportunity to make some strides with the extra reps. As for starter for the fall, I would bet it is between Francois and SMag. I don't think Henry will have enough time to master the offense the way Jimbo would like. I think Francois has the higher ceiling but SMag a greater understanding for the playbook. I am leaning towards Francois starting because I think he provides more versatility and upside, while SMag kinda of is what he is at this point.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be a three-way battle between Maguire, Deondre Francois (Redshirt Freshman) and Malik Henry (True Freshman). SMag is out for spring ball. So Francois and Henry really have an opportunity to make some strides with the extra reps. As for starter for the fall, I would bet it is between Francois and SMag. I don't think Henry will have enough time to master the offense the way Jimbo would like. I think Francois has the higher ceiling but SMag a greater understanding for the playbook. I am leaning towards Francois starting because I think he provides more versatility and upside, while SMag kinda of is what he is at this point.

I think SMag got screwed this year with experience with Golson getting the starting position. Everyone knew this was going to be a rebuilding year. Why not give the guy that has a good possibility of being your started next year more experience? It seems every game I saw him get better. I definitely agree he has a better understanding of the playbook. I think with SMag being out through for the spring , that's really going to hurt him come next season.

winningTorch

ray=out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably going to be Maguire again, I have seen little to nothing of Francois so I can't really comment.

Henry's getting redshirted and there's no two ways about it.