• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB or RB?

Doctor L

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 QB keeper league. I have Andrew Luck, Antonio Brown, AJ Green, and Alshon Jeffery as keepers.

I'm deciding who to take now. Later on I pick 8th overall and 13th overall (after everybody's keepers)

My options for QB are Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, Matthew Stafford, Cam Newton, and Ryan Tannehill. I'm basically almost guaranteed one of these guys at 8th overall if I decide to wait to draft my 2nd QB.

Best running backs available are Arian Foster, Jonathan Stewart, Chris Ivory, Joseph Randle, Doug Martin, C.J. Spiller, Gio Bernard, Ameer Abdullah and Joique Bell

Thank you.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB is the only position you look for in a 2 QB league. If you wait, you'll be lucky to still have Andy Dalton.

I would take Rivers out of that group, followed by Stafford, Manning, Tanny, Newton... let someone else worry about Brady's suspension

Doctor L

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grab the best available RB at 13 after filling the second QB spot

Doctor L

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grab the best available RB at 13 after filling the second QB spot

I have 8th and 13th. I have a pick right now before either one of those 2.

Doctor L

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, the WRs available are Andre Johnson, Sammy Watkins, Brandon Marshall, DeSean Jackson, Keenan Allen, Vincent Jackson, and Julian Edelman.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 8th and 13th. I have a pick right now before either one of those 2.
Ohhh..I misunderstood. ..still take the QB first. .then two RB's..or get real saucy if Brady is still there at 13..big time trade bait in a 2 QB league after week4

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Bradford? Is he available? If he is, I'd take him relatively late, and grab Brady. I think Bradford is going to be a world beater at QB while he's healthy. When Brady comes back you can use him as trade bait or as a back up.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im giving strong consideration to going bradford sanchez in my money legaue IF possible, and riding the chip kelly train

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhh..I misunderstood. ..still take the QB first. .then two RB's..or get real saucy if Brady is still there at 13..big time trade bait in a 2 QB league after week4
This is a winner winner chicken dinner right here.

Doctor L

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took Tom Brady.

I have another question. So my keepers are Andrew Luck, Tom Brady, Antonio Brown, A.J. Green, and Alshon Jeffery. I'm the only team without a RB keeper. Last year I got by on decent RBs, nothing great but I was offered Carlos Hyde for Alshon Jeffery. I pick 8th and 13th.

The top ranked WRs available are...
Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, DeSean Jackson, Sammy Watkins, Golden Tate, Amari Cooper, Keenan Allen and Julian Edelman.

The top ranked RBs available are...
Arian Foster, Joseph Randle, Doug Martin, LeGarrette Blount, Chris Ivory, Joique Bell, Ameer Abdullah, Jonathan Stewart, Gio Bernard, C.J. Spiller, and Devonta Freeman.

Was wondering if trading Jeffery for Hyde was worth it or should I stick with having a powerhouse QB combo and an elite WR core and drafting 2 of those RBs at 8 and 13 depending on who drops to me?

Thank you.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't trade Jeffrey to get Hyde..Hyde's not guaranteed much if anything in SF. Bush and Hunter are both there, Kaepernick has regressed, and they have next to nothing offensively. .including a line. Jeffrey should be able to score you something better I would think.

BTW..if you took Brady, who's going to be your QB2 for 4 weeks?

Doctor L

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't trade Jeffrey to get Hyde..Hyde's not guaranteed much if anything in SF. Bush and Hunter are both there, Kaepernick has regressed, and they have next to nothing offensively. .including a line. Jeffrey should be able to score you something better I would think.

BTW..if you took Brady, who's going to be your QB2 for 4 weeks?

I'll be drafting a QB3 but I'm not really expecting Brady to be out. He can appeal and play still even if he loses the ruling.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be drafting a QB3 but I'm not really expecting Brady to be out. He can appeal and play still even if he loses the ruling.
That appeal has already been exhausted...baring a temporary injunction or a reversal from a judge,. .he's suspended

Doctor L

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I didn't think so.
In either case, Judge Berman's ruling is unlikely to be the end of the case. If he rules in favor of the NFL and upholds the arbitration award without caveats, Brady and the NFLPA are almost certain to appeal to the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, where they'd seek an injunction that allows Brady to play while that appeal is ongoing. (As Will Brinson wrote on Monday, two of the three most likely outcomes in the current appeal would involve Brady being allowed to play while a subsequent appeal is heard.)

Legal expert: 'More probable than not' that Tom Brady plays in opener - CBSSports.com

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In either case, Judge Berman's ruling is unlikely to be the end of the case. If he rules in favor of the NFL and upholds the arbitration award without caveats, Brady and the NFLPA are almost certain to appeal to the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, where they'd seek an injunction that allows Brady to play while that appeal is ongoing. (As Will Brinson wrote on Monday, two of the three most likely outcomes in the current appeal would involve Brady being allowed to play while a subsequent appeal is heard.)

Legal expert: 'More probable than not' that Tom Brady plays in opener - CBSSports.com
It all hurts my brain at this point.(I didn't mean to turn this into another Deflate discussion.)

Since you're the only one with a RB keeper, a good option for your last pick could be Zach Zenner of the Lions. Bell is off the PUP, but ZZ has been more than impressive so far. Just a name for the little to lose late rounds.

Last edited:

Doctor L

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took Tom Brady.

I have another question. So my keepers are Andrew Luck, Tom Brady, Antonio Brown, A.J. Green, and Alshon Jeffery. I'm the only team without a RB keeper. Last year I got by on decent RBs, nothing great but I was offered Carlos Hyde for Alshon Jeffery. I pick 8th and 13th.

The top ranked WRs available are...
Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, DeSean Jackson, Sammy Watkins, Golden Tate, Amari Cooper, Keenan Allen and Julian Edelman.

The top ranked RBs available are...
Arian Foster, Joseph Randle, Doug Martin, LeGarrette Blount, Chris Ivory, Joique Bell, Ameer Abdullah, Jonathan Stewart, Gio Bernard, C.J. Spiller, and Devonta Freeman.

Was wondering if trading Jeffery for Hyde was worth it or should I stick with having a powerhouse QB combo and an elite WR core and drafting 2 of those RBs at 8 and 13 depending on who drops to me?

Thank you.

So...what do you guys think? Alshon or Hyde given the circumstances. So far it's 1 for Alshon.