• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Putting during lunch

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm near uptown Charlotte when working and during lunch I stop by a course and pull out a sleeve of balls and the putter. I've been doing so for a week straight. I'm just try to work on speed control. I know I'll misread greens (face it unless you play that course all the time green reading is tough) but I figure if I can get the ball close for a tap in I win in my mind.

I'm far from a pro shoot around 100-110 and wanted to share this little pointer I'm working on to cut strokes. I know I can tee off ok, I can recover from a shank shot when that happens leading to the green but with golf being a MENTAL game I want to leave the whole feeling good which putting can most certainly can do that mind trick...

-DUB-

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could use some putting tips...lol.

Normally a decent putter for my index (13 right now avg 32 putts a round), but the last few rounds I've missed a lot of putts inside 6'...when I'm just practicing I work on speed control a lot and do a pretty good job on the 30 to 50' range getting inside 6'.

Now I need to start making more of those to get me back into the low 80s more consistently.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for you. Putting & the short game is the fastest way to shave off strokes. Putting is such an individual thing that its hard to give pointers on it. I'll just say what I do. Find the highest spot(s) on the green and imagine dumping a bucket of water on it... where would the water run to? It shows you the general slope(s) of the green. Granted, depending on green speed, the water will run faster or slower, as will your ball. So now that you have figured out the general direction that you should aim the ball... Concentrate on the speed in which you want to hit the putt. If you're going to be firm with it, play less break, if you're lagging it up there, give it more borrow. After all of that, you should be able to give the ball a great chance to go in if you are correct on your read and are able to match the speed with the line that you have chosen. Solid contact usually ends up resulting in good putts. Don't be in a hurry to watch the ball, you've done all you can do before you pull the trigger, just make good contact and I guarantee more putts will fall or at least nestle in there close.

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SFNL, solid write up. I agree fully with what you wrote.

ATL96Steeler, 80's you are a good player in my mind. I've only broken 100 one time from the back tees at the hole in the wall golf course in Naples, FL.

-DUB-