• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Pussies @ Pirates 10/24/'13

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Marc Barron missed a potential pick right on his shoulder.

...I'd still take him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Tiquan Underwood showin' a little bit of somethin' tonight.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Greg Hardy with his 2nd sack tonight.

I get so mad when I watch him! He's my defensive Carl Nicks. :mad2:

Excel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they change the name of prime time football to prime draft pick football just for this week?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Panthers will give the 49ers all they can handle but home field should give the 49ers the edge they need. The sleeper for me is the Redskin game back there. They seem to score with such ease that I think they'll beat the 49ers.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Panthers will give the 49ers all they can handle but home field should give the 49ers the edge they need. The sleeper for me is the Redskin game back there. They seem to score with such ease that I think they'll beat the 49ers.

Since Harbaugh has taken over, the 49ers have generally beaten high scoring offenses. I can think of victories (in some cases multiple) over the Packers, Patriots, Lions, Saints, Falcons, etc. Generally it's the teams more built like us (or at least with good defenses) such as the Ravents, Seahawks, and Giants who give us trouble.

What specifically have you seen from the Harbaugh era that would make you think the 49ers wouldn't be prepared to face the Redskins or that the Redskins would succeed where other (better) offenses have failed?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Harbaugh has taken over, the 49ers have generally beaten high scoring offenses. I can think of victories (in some cases multiple) over the Packers, Patriots, Lions, Saints, Falcons, etc. Generally it's the teams more built like us (or at least with good defenses) such as the Ravents, Seahawks, and Giants who give us trouble.

What specifically have you seen from the Harbaugh era that would make you think the 49ers wouldn't be prepared to face the Redskins or that the Redskins would succeed where other (better) offenses have failed?

Well, first of all your premise is false. We have not played a team yet whose offense is playing as well as the Skins' offense is at this point. But, specifically, what worries me this year (The Harbaugh era counts for nothing) are injuries and suspensions to the front 7 which limits their ability to stop high-scoring teams and the lack of wide receivers and a so far inept QB which limits our ability to score. I'll feel better once we beat a good team which we haven't done yet, albeit with limited opportunies. As they say, you can only play the schedule you have.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, first of all your premise is false. We have not played a team yet whose offense is playing as well as the Skins' offense is at this point. But, specifically, what worries me this year (The Harbaugh era counts for nothing) are injuries and suspensions to the front 7 which limits their ability to stop high-scoring teams and the lack of wide receivers and a so far inept QB which limits our ability to score. I'll feel better once we beat a good team which we haven't done yet, albeit with limited opportunies. As they say, you can only play the schedule you have.

Of course the era matters. We are playing with largely the same players, coaching staff, and scheme on defense that we have for 2+ years.

Also, I don't understand why you selectively forget about the Packers game. Not only are they a good team, they also have a better offense than the Redskins. Saying the 49ers have not beaten a good team or played an offense as good as the Redskins is patently false.

Are you choosing to forget about the Packers game because it doesn't fit into your whole "team sucks and only beats other sucky teams. Also, the QB sucks" argument?

I'm guessing your counterargument will be "Redskins offense is awesome now, stooge!" which is subjective and subject to some sample size issues. One could easily counter that with "yeah, but they'll come back to earth" soon or "Yeah, but that offense isn't as good as the Pats, Packers, Lions, and Saints when we beat those teams" which is also subjective. Anyway, if you look at objective stats, the Packers are better than the Skins on offense and we have owned them recently, including once this year.

I can see a cause for concern with the injuries and Aldon's absence but saying "I think the Redskins will beat us" is way too strong of a statement if you consider how this team has generally faired against good offenses IMO.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the era matters. We are playing with largely the same players, coaching staff, and scheme on defense that we have for 2+ years.

Also, I don't understand why you selectively forget about the Packers game. Not only are they a good team, they also have a better offense than the Redskins. Saying the 49ers have not beaten a good team or played an offense as good as the Redskins is patently false.

Are you choosing to forget about the Packers game because it doesn't fit into your whole "team sucks and only beats other sucky teams. Also, the QB sucks" argument?

I'm guessing your counterargument will be "Redskins offense is awesome now, stooge!" which is subjective and subject to some sample size issues. One could easily counter that with "yeah, but they'll come back to earth" soon or "Yeah, but that offense isn't as good as the Pats, Packers, Lions, and Saints when we beat those teams" which is also subjective. Anyway, if you look at objective stats, the Packers are better than the Skins on offense and we have owned them recently, including once this year.

I can see a cause for concern with the injuries and Aldon's absence but saying "I think the Redskins will beat us" is way too strong of a statement if you consider how this team has generally faired against good offenses IMO.

That's where you are wrong. The innovation is gone. Remember the Philly game in 2011 when a lineman would report as eligible, line up tight and then do a quick herky jerky jump to start going in motion? That was brilliant, it always caused the Defense to jump, so much so that there is now a rule aganst it. I'd never seen that in all the years I've watched football.

That stuff is gone and we are a basic offense without the weapons required to make it formidable. Our entire defensive line is either in rehab, out for the season, or has bad injuries. Willis is slowed by injury as well. What happened in 2011 and 2012 has no relevance on today's team; none. And we've been through the Packer nonsense; they are not a good team and were even worse at the beginning of the season.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't fire Schiano now... he is starting to get consistent at giving up 31 points a game.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's where you are wrong. The innovation is gone. Remember the Philly game in 2011 when a lineman would report as eligible, line up tight and then do a quick herky jerky jump to start going in motion? That was brilliant, it always caused the Defense to jump, so much so that there is now a rule aganst it. I'd never seen that in all the years I've watched football.

That stuff is gone and we are a basic offense without the weapons required to make it formidable. Our entire defensive line is either in rehab, out for the season, or has bad injuries. Willis is slowed by injury as well. What happened in 2011 and 2012 has no relevance on today's team; none. And we've been through the Packer nonsense; they are not a good team and were even worse at the beginning of the season.

So you don't actually watch the games and you don't actually consider reality and you're going to stick with the Chicken Little schtick?

Cool.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't actually watch the games and you don't actually consider reality and you're going to stick with the Chicken Little schtick?

Cool.

Weak comeback, even for you. You are wrong again, imagine that.