• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Purguy12 How ya like Chris Borland now?

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All through the draft thread it was nothing but "His arms are too small, He is too slow, he cant tackle, injury prone..."

short arms and misses tackles.
U go ahead and love the pick. Im sticking to my opinion. So so pick. we will talk about this in 2-3 years when he is still a special teams player or he is cut.
2014 Draft Preview: Wisconsin LB Chris Borland

just watched this video. not great but kid has confidence. Short arms, short height and doesn't run fast he makes up with confidence.

Like I said so so pick. Nothing special. Should be a good special teams player.

He sure made an ass out of you. I am glad you were wrong.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All through the draft thread it was nothing but "His arms are too small, He is too slow, he cant tackle, injury prone..."

He can sure get to the ball and make the tackle, his main function. So we're ALL glad he has filled in ok so far, more than ok. obviously, it could've been a much worse draft result, so we'll take it. However, lets not take it that he "arrived", let him keep playing and see if teams can find his weaknesses?

Can he stand up to constant power running? can he pass protect well enough? We won't have to wait and see, we'll find out game to game.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes he did. I was 100% wrong about him. Guy is playing great and 49ers might start thinking about trading Willis or Bowman to save money now. Im not saying this year or next but soon they have to start looking at money. Great job by Borland.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
…….But I was right about Ward.

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he did. I was 100% wrong about him. Guy is playing great and 49ers might start thinking about trading Willis or Bowman to save money now. Im not saying this year or next but soon they have to start looking at money. Great job by Borland.

No way do we replace bowman or Willis quite yet. Dump brooks ass and save the money.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition to being a very good tackler, Borland seems to have a knack for being in the right place at the right time. His performance has definitely been the silver lining behind Willis' unfortunate injury.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way do we replace bowman or Willis quite yet. Dump brooks ass and save the money.

again im not saying now. I think 2 years Willis will be 32-33 in 2 years. I agree Brooks is done after this year.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please refer to him as: BORLORD from this point forward. Kid is an animal and is matching Willis' rookie season numbers or surpassing them in his first four games. I've said it a hundred times on this thing...but he and Lynch were absolute steals...they are part of the reason our D is able to play at such a high rate (4th against the pass, 6th against the run) this season and pick up our stumbling offense.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah im shocked how well the D has played with all these injuries. Borland and Lynch are a big reason.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Borland has been playing great, stellar even. We will see how great he can be in the near future when teams start to box him in with two or more against one like they did with Willis. I'm glad Aldon is back because that takes a bit of the heat off of these rookies (Lynch and Borland).

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to be honest, I was wishing Green Bay would have considered him more. I knew he could help our defense, A.J. Hawk is getting near the end and he would have made a great successor at the MLB position. Glad to see the kid playing well.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Borland Fever is going nuts. Great job by this kid. NFC Defensive player of the week. Congrats. The good news about him playing this well is next year we will have a nice rotation with him Wills, Bowman. Keep them all fresh.

Crazy stat. Borland is tied on the team with tackles. He only has played what like 5 games.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
…….But I was right about Ward.

It's very early to say that. Ward had some struggles, but he got a lot of PT at a tough position, and was a valuable part of one of the best defenses in the league. The nature of his position is that people notice his mistakes more than his success. He had several very quiet games - a good thing for a slot corner. I'm certainly not ready to write him off half a season into his career.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no place left on this team for Brooks. Chris Borland is our most productive player on defense.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very early to say that. Ward had some struggles, but he got a lot of PT at a tough position, and was a valuable part of one of the best defenses in the league. The nature of his position is that people notice his mistakes more than his success. He had several very quiet games - a good thing for a slot corner. I'm certainly not ready to write him off half a season into his career.
20 tackles I think off the top of my head without looking and hasn't started a game yet. We will see about him next season. IR now as are many players.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yes it is early but right now. I wasn't a fan of that pick but I would never question Baalke because overall he drafts well.

I agree the slot CB does get more bad press then good. It is a tough position and it takes a certain player to play that position.

I do think we need to draft a top CB this year or go after a Top CB in FA after this year

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that he has 11 more tackles than anyone else in the league in the month of November.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks like he will be rookie of the year on D. Guy is a stud and I was 100% Not afraid to admit it.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is getting less and less tackles every game, teams have taken notice and are game planning for him sending more blockers his way, still a solid player just don't expect his crazy production to sustain.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He is getting less and less tackles every game, teams have taken notice and are game planning for him sending more blockers his way, still a solid player just don't expect his crazy production to sustain.

yep, eventually teams will respect his tackling ability and will attack his weaknesses. I would think 'power running' right at him would eventually wear him down?

don't get me wrong, I'm VERY happy he has panned out to this level to date, just not ready to say he has arrived.