• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pujols sues Jack Clark for saying he's used PED's

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Cardinals slugger Albert Pujols is suing former Cardinals star Jack Clark over comments Clark made accusing Pujols of using steroids.

The suit was filed Friday in St. Louis County.

On Aug. 2, Clark said during his The King and the Ripper radio program on WGNU 920 AM that he knew "for a fact" that Pujols used steroids and performance enhancing drugs.

Clark's statements are lies that have damaged Pujols' reputation, causing him personal humiliation, mental anguish and anxiety, the suit says.

The suit calls Clark's statements "malicious, reckless and outrageous falsehoods."
Pujols' suit says his character and reputation are "impeccable and beyond reproach" and calls Clark a "struggling radio talk show host."

Clark couldn't be immediately reached for comment. But his attorney, Chet Pleban, said he hasn't seen the suit. But, Pleban said, Clark would welcome a jury trial over the matter.

"Jack has said all along and, certainly, continues to say that if Albert Pujols wants to file the lawsuit, he looks forward to defending the lawsuit before 12 unbiased people who don't have a horse in the race," Pleban said. "And we'll look forward to the discovery process and the deposition of Mr. Pujols. I have a variety of questions for Mr. Pujols."

Clark was an independent contractor who bought airtime from insideStl Enterprises, a company that in turn buys weekday airtime on WGNU to air a series of sports-related talk shows.

During the Aug. 2 show, Clark alleged that he was told in 2000 by former Pujols trainer Chris Mihlfeld that Mihlfeld had "shot (Pujols) up" with steroids. Clark and Mihlfeld both worked for the Los Angeles Dodgers' organization at the time. At one point, co-host Kevin Slaten said he long had believed that Pujols "has been a juicer." Clark responded, "I know for a fact he was."

The suit does not name the radio station, Slaten or insideStl Enterprises as defendants.

There's more to the column in the link.

Albert Pujols sues Jack Clark over steroids claim : News

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He and A-Rod really need to STFU!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pujols is starting down the same, exact path as Lance Cheatstrong.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pedjols needs to just own up to it and stop the lies. Maybe he should share with Josh Hamilton. I guess THAT'S upto God and his plan for Josh. :rollseyes:

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mihlfeld will be the key to exposing Pujols.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is looking more and more like he did indeed take steroids. Because if he didn't, just let it go already. Who cares what someone thinks about you. Clark isn't the first and won't be the last two make these claims. But being he's really trying to defend himself, it looks like he's trying to hide more valid information from leaking. By the way, just look at his career. He was a bust once he got the big contract from the Angels. Seems like a case of steroids to me.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn, i just wish faggot barry bonds didnt have the hr record
LOVE LIVE HANK!!

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally -- If you ask me -- IF Pujols did use steroids, trying to sue Clark in a court of law would be the last thing he would want to do. It isn't as if he needs the money.

If he had these dark secrets in the closet -- I'd think he would want to steer clear of having random people testifying on the stand and digging thru his life with a fine toothed comb.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I didn't use steroids." - Rafael Palmeiro

"I didn't use steroids." - "Slammin" Sammy Sosa

"I didn't use steroids." - Roger Clemens

"I didn't use steroids." - Barry Bonds

"I didn't use steroids." - Alex Rodriguez

"I didn't use steroids." - Lance Armstrong

"I didn't use steroids." - Ryan Braun

and now...

dm_130809_mlb_headlines_trainer_pujols_ped_claim.jpg

"I didn't use steroids." - Albert Pujols

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally -- If you ask me -- IF Pujols did use steroids, trying to sue Clark in a court of law would be the last thing he would want to do. It isn't as if he needs the money.

If he had these dark secrets in the closet -- I'd think he would want to steer clear of having random people testifying on the stand and digging thru his life with a fine toothed comb.

My prediction?

Pujols is so righteously indignant that he's going to actually take the stand and deny PED use. A couple of years later there will be a federal investigator working on behalf of the Justice Dept. to nail his ass to the wall for obstruction and perjury.

Sound familiar?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vOjRCbc.jpg

Is this the same man? :omg: His jaw is now the size of all outdoors.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vOjRCbc.jpg

Is this the same man? :omg: His jaw is now the size of all outdoors.

He's got the juice bloat for sure. Your head looks like it's added 20 pounds. Along with the other obvious BALCO boys.

steroids-before-and-after2.jpg

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ImStupidherThanYou should be here any second now yelling and screaming about "no evidence whatsoever." :pound:

No one ever accused him of being long on common sense.

His convoluted "logic" goes something like "since PED use in the NFL is so rampant, no one in MLB history ever used. Not even McGwire or Bonds."

:wtf:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate Pujols. But even if I did, why would you care? :noidea:

Idk man. Usually when posters have hundreds of posts dedicated to being anti-something, I wonder why. But just like how Ill take Alberts word that he didn't do PEDs, Ill take yours that you don't hate him. (I don't care about him doing 'em, or you hating 'im. I was curious, that's about it.)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction?

Pujols is so righteously indignant that he's going to actually take the stand and deny PED use. A couple of years later there will be a federal investigator working on behalf of the Justice Dept. to nail his ass to the wall for obstruction and perjury.

Sound familiar?

I think the difference is -- Clark stated -- he knows for a fact he used steroids. So by trying to make this into a court case -- Clark's defense team will be able to bring up the people who supposedly shot him up with steroids. Isn't that what Clark said -- he knows first hand the guy who gave him his shots?

If that is the case -- there'd be no reason for Pujols to try and drag this into a court room.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got the juice bloat for sure. Your head looks like it's added 20 pounds. Along with the other obvious BALCO boys.

steroids-before-and-after2.jpg

I forgot how Clemens paid the extra cash for special juice. The juice that turned him into a SouthPaw.