• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: PSW1: @ Los Angeles (AFC), 7/4, Kong and TSN2

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to post this because people still say A high first round pick is BS for a nickel corner. Here is a picture of the Seahawks in BASE defense early in the game and look who is playing outside. Yep Thats Witherspoon up top playing CB. He slides inside in the Nickel and plays outside in base. He isn't just a nickel CB, he is a starting CB in the base Defense that slides INSDIE in the nickel. He is such a physical CB that having him inside in the nickel is BIG TIME.

basedefense.png

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see the Hawks Run Defense do better. Yes they gave up only 77 yards but it was on 18 carries or a 4.3 YPC average. That would have them ranked 19th in YPC average against last year and 0.3 YPC better than they were in 2023. SO the next game I want to see the rushing YPC below 4. Rushing defense 100% needs to be good this year because we punted 7 times against the Chargers. Had They stuck to the run more they could have evened up that TOP.

Still I saw a lot i liked about Preseason game #1 and some stuff to build on going forward.
The stats are a little misleading. There was only 1 run all game by a RB that had a big gain and that was later in the game with rookies and back-ups. Also remember there were 2 QB scrambles for big gains that inflated those stats. Again though, this is all pre-season so can't read too much into it anyway.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to post this because people still say A high first round pick is BS for a nickel corner. Here is a picture of the Seahawks in BASE defense early in the game and look who is playing outside. Yep Thats Witherspoon up top playing CB. He slides inside in the Nickel and plays outside in base. He isn't just a nickel CB, he is a starting CB in the base Defense that slides INSDIE in the nickel. He is such a physical CB that having him inside in the nickel is BIG TIME.

View attachment 370509

Seahawks showed a lot of different looks last week and did over 30%+ of their plays with man coverage. Very different than the traditional style we saw with Pete. Even with Pete last year he still played about 40% of snaps outside... most was in the slot/box though.

I think Mac will utilize him quite differently than Pete, though. I don't have a problem with a higher round pick as a nickel player, given 3WR and slot WRs are become a VERY big part of the NFL. I had the bigger problem with a DB over a DT when we had such a GLARING hole at DT and we were decently okay at DB.