• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Proposed Forum Rules

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to know what you guys think is good and not good about the board. My thoughts below:

1. I would appreciate it if the sticky threads remain on topic. Those are informational threads, and get the most external views, so let's try and stay on topic in those. If it strays too far, I can move it but I would prefer to not have to. If it is headed that wasy, head to the OT thread or start a new one. We don't pay by the thread so start as many as you would like.

2. I have no problem with opposing fans and trash talk. If it is obvious trolling or spamming, I will take care of it, but I do not want this to be all Hokies. I like perspective from other fanbases.

3. GDTs are going to get heated. They always do. If you have thin skin, I would suggest steering clear of them. I don't usually post in them because I am at the game or want to focus on watching, but I got a lot of complaints stemming from them last year.

4. The trash talk threads will also get heated. If you don't want to deal with it, try and avoid it. Conversely, try and keep all trash talk there.

5. Unless it is completely out of line, do not report a post. If you do that it fills up all of the moderators on the entire site's email box. PM me or email me. If I do not respond, or you are unsatisfied, then report the thread.

6. Try not to bash other sites. So Rivals were dicks to us. It is over, time to move on. All of the sites are Hokie sites and we all root for the same team, so there you go. Let it go, ya know. Live and let live.

Thoughts.....

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can live with all of those .. I won't bother with this on gameday .. I'll be watching the game there or somewhere and consuming enormous quantities of good beer ... no time for this

I also vote for no daughter jokes allowed .. VTFF and Nuclear -- I'll remember that you bastards :)

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to propose...

7. Tits or GTFO

NOTE: The above proposal was made using free sources such as 4chan, reddit and fark.com. All of the proposals listed above are free for redistribution and use. No copyrighted or protected material was used to make these proposals.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to propose...

7. Tits or GTFO

NOTE: The above proposal was made using free sources such as 4chan, reddit and fark.com. All of the proposals listed above are free for redistribution and use. No copyrighted or protected material was used to make these proposals.

Seconded..... With a proposed stipulation. Spousal nudez or GTFO....I will start with my own.

306px-Paume_de_main.jpeg

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite this being a big pain in the ass for you 46, this should also be construed as to how wildly successfull this board has become. With the board / followers growing at the rate it was, it was jus a matter of time until some level of controls were needed. So in a way Kudos to you sir.

One thing to consider as a potential rule should be to always RESPECT your Hokie brethren. Hell I may not agree with 757's personal life when it comes to all things debauchery-related, VTF's seemingly odd fancy for Seth G's daughter's, or Jethro being a closet Hokie fan at heart - but I will NEVER call out someone or disrespect a fellow Hokie member of the board. And that kind of stuff should not be tolerated. Thoughts?

Keep up the good work sir.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite this being a big pain in the ass for you 46, this should also be construed as to how wildly successfull this board has become. With the board / followers growing at the rate it was, it was jus a matter of time until some level of controls were needed. So in a way Kudos to you sir.

One thing to consider as a potential rule should be to always RESPECT your Hokie brethren. Hell I may not agree with 757's personal life when it comes to all things debauchery-related, VTF's seemingly odd fancy for Seth G's daughter's, or Jethro being a closet Hokie fan at heart - but I will NEVER call out someone or disrespect a fellow Hokie member of the board. And that kind of stuff should not be tolerated. Thoughts?

Agree Amszete. There is no need to question where our loyalties lie. If you take what goes on here that seriously, then you've seriously gotta find something better to do with your time. We are all in this together.
Good job 46. I think most of us appreciate what you and the other moderators have done to get this place rolling. I think everything listed above are all rules we should be able to live by. Only a couple things I would like to chime in on....

Agree with sparko...let's leave the family out of it. Unless you know someone on a VERY personal level that's out. We both have pretty thick skin, but many people don't. Besides..we are hear to talk about college athletics...not yo' mama jokes.

Sidenote: In reference to 46's comments about bashing the other sites..
I know we have alot of new people. Haven't seen much of it at all lately, but if you are new and haven't read the post about posting stuff from pay sites..you should read it.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Im not around for like 16hrs, i come back and we got rules.

images

vtnuclearhokie

Pronounced Nuke-u-ler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also vote for no daughter jokes allowed .. VTFF and Nuclear -- I'll remember that you bastards :)

In my defense I could not give up the opportunity, VTFF made a nice set up. Also it is probably a good rule of thumb not to bring up the fact that you have family members or significant others outside of your hand as posted above.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my defense I could not give up the opportunity, VTFF made a nice set up. Also it is probably a good rule of thumb not to bring up the fact that you have family members or significant others outside of your hand as posted above.

Hell yes..Gen X ^^^> Good stuff..

I know..it was a good set up. Its all in fun and games..I get it. Just sayin'...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it the way it is.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody here remember when they had the ACC Respect video at halftime? They'd have kids in jerseys from every school. When the UVA kid came on the whole stadium would boo him. Always found that hilarious. Good times.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sad we're having to resort to this, kind of thought we were all adults here.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody here remember when they had the ACC Respect video at halftime? They'd have kids in jerseys from every school. When the UVA kid came on the whole stadium would boo him. Always found that hilarious. Good times.

Eff that kid. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I think of your rules!!

Last edited by a moderator:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1f7hu8.gif