• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pronger next captain

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No surprise here. A source close to the team has mentioned Now that Richie is out Pronger is now the man. I'm still in shock that both guys are gone. Seriously, not sure if I'm happy or pissed. What if Homer drafts garbage and traded Carter? The draft Is a crapshoot I realize that but our depth at center is no longer in tact. My gut tells me another trade is coming. Weber has been rumored a bit. I do like the Simmonds and Schenn deal for Richie but I wanted Richie to stay put. I guess the worrying about these guys partying in the 'Old City' can come to an end.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I feel like the return for Carter is pretty significant. You're getting a top eight pick, a talented winger that is going to be relatively cheap at only 23 years old and a third rounder, plus you're saving a lot of cap space.

Now, I was a bit dumbfounded by the trade of Richie although it still may turn out to be a great move. I just don't know right now. I hope that these aren't just future improvements and allow us to compete now as well, because we are definitely getting younger and cheaper with these moves.