• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Professional Basketball Scouting Combine

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SportsHoopla is excited to announce our newest sponsor 2014ProBasketballTryouts.com!

Support SportsHoopla by supporting our sponsors! How? Read the information below, then visit their website. Help spread the word about this fantastic opportunity via Facebook and Twitter. Retweet this:

This is a tryout for numerous ABA, ABL, NBDL, CBL & PBL teams Invitations have been sent to hundreds of scouts & agents, looking for talent for multiple teams and organizations.

tryouts.jpg

sportsplus.png

When:
Saturday, July 27th, 2013
11:00am - 5:00pm
Where:
Sports Plus Gym
10765 Reading Rd
Cincinnati, OH

incrediplex.png

When:
Sunday, July 28th, 2013
11:00am - 5:00pm
Where:
Incrediplex
6002 Sunnyside Rd
Indianapolis, IN

Timeline
11:00am - 12:30pm
Player Check-in
Jersey & Identification # issued (yours to keep)
Physical Stats recorded
Video Interview
Open Gym

12:30pm
SPARQ Testing
We will be using a modified SPARQ Testing. Please note that some of the items listed below may be omitted and additional criteria added.
  • Body mass - used with the vertical jump result to calculate a leg power score.
  • Lane Agility Drill - measures how fast a player moves laterally around the key (used in the NBA draft too)
  • Standing Vertical Jump - a measure of leg explosive power.
  • Kneeling Power Ball Throw - performed like a chest pass while kneeling, this test measures upper body power. It is also called the Chest Launch.
  • 3/4 Court Sprint - time to sprint over the distance of three quarters of the court is measured in seconds (used in NBA draft too)
  • Multi-Stage Hurdle - a test of agility and lower body strength endurance.
  • Max Touch - a basketball specific test that measures maximum touch height, which reflects stature and wingspan with the physical abilities of jump mechanics and explosive leg power.
1:00pm - 3:00pm
Drill Time
  • Match-up Press Drills... breakdown drills for teaching the full-court match-up press (15-20 min).
  • Transition Offense Drills... rebound and outlet, filling the lanes, 2-on-1 and 3-on-2 breaks (10 min).
  • More Transition Offense Drills... rebound-outlet-break drill, and pepper-runner drill (5-10 min).
  • 2-on-1 Continuous Transition Drill... transition offense-defense, conditioning, passing on the move, 2-on-1 offense-defense.
  • Transition Drills... competitive transition drills.
  • Fast-Break Drills (2-on-0,on-1,on-2)... a favorite passing on the move transition drill, 2-on-0, 2-on-1 and 2-on-2 (5-10-min).
  • 5-on-0, 5-Trips Drill... use this drill for teaching the secondary numbered break, or for running plays off the break (5-10-min).
  • 4-on-4 Transition... transitioning from offense to defense, defense to offense (10 min).
  • 4-on-4-on-4 Transition Drill... a favorite full-court 4-man teams drill (10-15 min).
  • Pitch and Fire... full-court transition, conditioning drill with speed dribble, pass and lay-up (5-10 min).
  • Piston Full-Court Drill... full-court conditioning drill, sprint after the speed dribbler and cut and defend (5 min).
  • Rebound-Outlet-Break Drill... transiton drill getting the fast break going (10-15 min).
  • Footwork Drills... a footwork drill combining a jump-stop, reverse pivot, V-cut, forward pivot, and triple threat in one drill (5 min).2-Man Shooting Drills... partner shooting drills, catch and shoot, shot-fake and jump-shot, shot-fake and lay-up, Bird drill, etc.
3:00pm
20-Minute Break Time

3:20pm
"Make It, Take It" Half-Court
1v1
2v2
3v3
5v5

4:20pm
Full Court 5v5
Game simulation with referees. 10-man teams with each player guaranteed 10 minutes of playing time. 30-minute game w/ running clock stopped only by a time-out or free-throw attempts.

** Pricing and Registration for Players, Agents and Scouts is at 2014ProBasketballTryouts.com!

Attachments

• Professional Basketball Scouting Combine Indy 2.pdf
    595.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited by a moderator:

DaveWebb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw somebody complaining about horrible ads

So I thought I would help. I will stop in several times per day in case anyone has any questions.
Glad to support your community and hopefully I can help a few get their foot in the door in the world of professional basketball.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the support, Dave. :suds:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be awesome to have the SPARQ testing done...but not going to waste your time :D

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with this expand to other cities and states or is their already something in place everywhere like this?

DaveWebb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More info for Jay

Yes, we will be doing more combines in other cities, and we will be adding them here.
Since you are in Los Angeles, there are at least 10 semi-pro teams that pay players if you include the Inland Empire and suburbs.

Las Vegas is your best shot to get seen by multiple leagues and agents like we are doing. They always run during the summer league, and the best is the Global if you can get thru their prescreening. However, since Vegas is packed with agents, some of sub camps and leagues are good.

This year we are concentrating in the Central and Eastern regions. Hopefully we can make it out your way in the summer of 2014.

Hope this helps

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks very much Dave! It is very helpful. I'm trying to help my baby brother get on the right track
I can definitely use this to direct him