• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

pro rasslin'

Ebanizar Edmonds

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we know it's more about impact, putting butts in the seats than actual wrestling skills. If it were about wrestling ability then Kurt Angle, Brock Lesnar would rule. Since it isn't we see this.

post 1980

10.Randy Orton
9.The Rock
8.John Cena
7.Dusty Rhodes
6.Triple H
5.Shawn Michaels
4.Stonecold Steve Austin
3.The Undertaker
2."Nature Boy" Ric Flair...total superior worker over Hogan, but spent most of his career in the south.
1.Hulk Hogan.....while the guy was a terrible in ring worker he did bring the rasslin' to the mainstream, his impact on the sport? unlike any other.

pre1980

10.Dick the Brusier..x Green Bay Packer
9.Killer Kowalski
8.Fred Blassie
7.Killer Kowalski
6.Gorgeous George
5."Superstar" Billy Graham
4.Verne Gagne....NCAA Wrestling champ
3.Bruno Sammartino....WWWF (WWWF) champion for nine years
2."Nature Boy" Buddy Rogers
1.Lou Thesz

The Greatest...

Tag Team...The Roadwarriors

Black...Bobo Brazil

Cowboy...Bob Ellis

Masked...The Sensational Intelligent Destroyer

Japanese...Sholhi "Giant" Baba

Latin...Pedro Morales

German...Fritz Von Erich (actually a Texan, ha~!)

Russian...Ivan Koloff

Indian...Wahoo McDaneil...x New York Jet

Morman...Don Leo Jonathan

Pacific Islands..."Superfly" Jimmy Snuka

Arab...The Shiek

The original Nature Boy....

Last edited by a moderator:

Ebanizar Edmonds

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you read fiction books, watch movies, of course you do, pro rasslin' is like that. Another form of fantasy and escaptism. Once you learn the players and how the sport? operates, it's pretty interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now-Ive-seen-everything-640x505.jpg

Ebanizar Edmonds

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they read a script and then act it out on a stage.

We all realize that, trust me this isn't about anyone thinking pro rasslin' is anything other than entertainment. It does have a rich history and tons of books/movies hours of television have been spent on it. Very colorful and interesting.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said if people knew the players and how it operates, it is quite interesting. Then you go on to say that everyone realizes what they do.

Wrestling is to dorks what Soap Operas are to Women. Think about it, they are bascially the same thing.

rcn1gb.jpg

Ebanizar Edmonds

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said if people knew the players and how it operates, it is quite interesting. Then you go on to say that everyone realizes what they do.

Wrestling is to dorks what Soap Operas are to Women. Think about it, they are bascially the same thing.

rcn1gb.jpg

I get this impression you don't know shit about the business. Why not talk about things you do know?

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get this impression you don't know shit about the business. Why not talk about things you do know?

What about the business don't I understand that takes away from what I already said?

Is the point not to act out crazy situations to entertain people? Do they not have characters with insteresting backgrounds that are involved in storylines? Is that not what Soap Operas do as well?

Face it, if you are older than 12 and still watch wrestling, then you are also a loser or closet homo. Or both.

Santa is fake, do you still believe and follow him? I bet if he was half naked, oiled up, and rolling around with other guys you would.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Used to watch it all the time when I was a kid. Had the toy wrestlers, video games and everything...was even Kane on Haloween once. My brother and I would wrestle on our beds and take turns Chokeslamming each other, lol. Nothing was more important to me than the WWF.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Used to watch it all the time when I was a kid. Had the toy wrestlers, video games and everything...was even Kane on Haloween once. My brother and I would wrestle on our beds and take turns Chokeslamming each other, lol. Nothing was more important to me than the WWF.

Yeah, but like you said, when you were a kid. No well adjusted or sane adult still watches and gets amped up to watch wrestling.

Ebanizar Edmonds

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the business don't I understand that takes away from what I already said?

Is the point not to act out crazy situations to entertain people? Do they not have characters with insteresting backgrounds that are involved in storylines? Is that not what Soap Operas do as well?

Face it, if you are older than 12 and still watch wrestling, then you are also a loser or closet homo. Or both.

Santa is fake, do you still believe and follow him? I bet if he was half naked, oiled up, and rolling around with other guys you would.

To me a loser and homo is somebody who enters threads to just be a pest. Trust me slick I'm no loser or homo and way past 12 and still watch the rasslin'. Nobody is talking about it being real so why you brought up Santa ????.

Explain a movie to me. Isn't it just like the rasslin'?

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is the difference between watching WWE and Lifetime?

Not enough oily, half naked men rolling around?

Sure, that seems normal to me.

Ebanizar Edmonds

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet the OP made his own Championship Belt, and proudly wears it everytime wrestling comes on.

You really aren't getting it at all. To me NASCAR, soccer, rugby, baseball totally suck. All...boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yet how many millions are into those sports?

A kid might make himself a Championship belt.

Ebanizar Edmonds

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is the difference between watching WWE and Lifetime?

Not enough oily, half naked men rolling around?

Sure, that seems normal to me.

What's Lifetime? Saying....half naked men rolling around....tells me you don't know anything at all about it. So why are you in this thread?

Isn't the UFC half naked men rolling around?

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but like you said, when you were a kid. No well adjusted or sane adult still watches and gets amped up to watch wrestling.

Yeah, guess I just grew out of it. Really lost intrest when all these new wrestlers started joing. I liked when it was just The Rock, Mankind, Undertaker, Kane, Stone Cold, Tripple H (D-Generation X), Goldust, Shawn Michaels, Bret & Owen Hart...those charecters.

I was flipping through the channels the other night and came across it. Probably watched for about 30 minutes...to see what it was like. First time I'd seen it in probably ten years. Just couldn't get into it. Was kinda like watching a tv show with bad acting.