• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Games 8/25/'12

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chris Ivory looks really good yet again. He's such a tease. 8 for 57.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It's hard to see Cordy Glenn (whom I loved) getting good reviews against Orakpo & Jared Allen. At left tackle of all places! I couldn'nt believe he lasted that long.

He & Dwaaaaaaayne Allen were a couple of my favourite 2nd round picks (well, Allen was the 1st pick of the 3rd). Liked the Giants' Randle pick too.

I bought the Stephen Hill hype too, but I'm a little hesitant to talk about it 'cause I'll never live it down with Clyde if he's a bust. :)

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
41-yard TD run for Chris Rainey. Awesome cut outside and then back in. Made the safety look silly.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Excuse me. That was Prince Miller the CB that Rainey blew by.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brian Quick must be ok. 39 yard reception.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ken Laird:

Decastro just left #Steelers locker room on crutches with very large brace on his right knee

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bob Labriola:

Tomlin on injuries: DeCastro's knee is potentially severe. An MRI is scheduled.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I just realized Robert Geathers (older brother of Georgia NT Kwme Geathers) has a middle brother Clifton Geathers, who plays for Dallas. I took one look at him and knew he must be related ('cause he's a mountain).

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jay Ratliff left the locker room tonight on crutches.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only the preseason... but today seemed like a bad day for Bradford. Every pass seemed off or the receiver dropped them. The six completions, 4 or 5 were gimmes. But he did have a batted ball that could have been intercepted dropped (though it looked so quick that I don't blame the defender).

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only the preseason... but today seemed like a bad day for Bradford. Every pass seemed off or the receiver dropped them. The six completions, 4 or 5 were gimmes. But he did have a batted ball that could have been intercepted dropped (though it looked so quick that I don't blame the defender).

With a little protection and a few weapons and Bradford will be just fine

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a little protection and a few weapons and Bradford will be just fine

NOT comparing Smith and Bradford, but it seems outside of their individual skills they have a lot in common. Shoulder injuries (Bradford in college), lack of protection, new offensive systems, first overall picks, not the best weapons, new coaches, spread offense in college (but not the same spread), etc. The last part I don't know much about because I didn't pay much attention to him in college, I just read that Bradford wasn't in a true spread from a Rams or Sooner fan.

I agree, with those two things, Bradford would be just fine.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOT comparing Smith and Bradford, but it seems outside of their individual skills they have a lot in common. Shoulder injuries (Bradford in college), lack of protection, new offensive systems, first overall picks, not the best weapons, new coaches, spread offense in college (but not the same spread), etc. The last part I don't know much about because I didn't pay much attention to him in college, I just read that Bradford wasn't in a true spread from a Rams or Sooner fan.

Yep, I agree, their careers are starting out eerily similar

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Schefter:

Steelers g David DeCastro dislocated his knee cap, tore his medial collateral ligament and suffered some damage to patellar tendon. But his anterior cruciate ligament is intact, according to sources and Steelers still are unsure if or when he will be able to return this season.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i always think qb's from spread offenses should sit for at least a year like brees and pennington did.