• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason game 3: Seattle at GB

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally we don't talk about opponents much in preseason games and pretty much never do so until a day or two out from a game, but this game is different isn't it? Or, is it?

The 3rd game is where teams start to dial in the first team units more so something near 3/4 of the game will feel like a real game. I don't expect a lot of surprises from the guys trying to make the team so maybe this rematch of last years 'fail mary' game will be more interesting than the position battles.

I'm sure the GB fans are going to have something to say and will be saying it loudly all game. All I can really say is at least the droves of asshat cBS GB fans didn't make it over here so we don't have to hear a rehash of the whining for the entire week.

So how about it? You all have any extra interest in this game because of last years match up? Or just more because it's a very tough team on the road in a tough place to win? Maybe both?

I know I want to see the defense play with some intensity without the 12's behind them. I expect a lot better pass defense than what we saw last week.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First I hope for no injuries on either side. Next, I want Wilson to throw a deep TD pass to Tate on the first drive.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one glaring neg from the Broncos game was the pass rush. Even if it's Peyton, we gave up way to many yds with our #1 D. We are lacking Avril, Clemmons, and Irvin out there and as they return, I expect it to improve, but it's getting to be crunch time for this. We've got to pressure opposing QBs more.
GB will be another test of this because they are a pass happy team, even with their new rookies at RB. Expect them to pass the rock a lot this game. Game 3's are pretty much the final tuneup and audition game before the regular season. Roster cuts are coming next week.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one glaring neg from the Broncos game was the pass rush. Even if it's Peyton, we gave up way to many yds with our #1 D. We are lacking Avril, Clemmons, and Irvin out there and as they return, I expect it to improve, but it's getting to be crunch time for this. We've got to pressure opposing QBs more.
GB will be another test of this because they are a pass happy team, even with their new rookies at RB. Expect them to pass the rock a lot this game. Game 3's are pretty much the final tuneup and audition game before the regular season. Roster cuts are coming next week.

I won't panic until we have a fully functioning death star with all our key guys rushing. Besides, there really aren't too many blitzes ever called in pre-season. I think its sort of an unwritten rule amongst head coaches. I can't remember if our starters even blitzed one time.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if the starters are pulled early in this one. The Broncos game was brutal and we don't need to risk guys that we need getting injured. Wilson looked sharp. He's missed some throws but those were mostly to guys he hasn't worked with that much and seemed like a timing issue more than anything.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally we don't talk about opponents much in preseason games and pretty much never do so until a day or two out from a game, but this game is different isn't it? Or, is it?

The 3rd game is where teams start to dial in the first team units more so something near 3/4 of the game will feel like a real game. I don't expect a lot of surprises from the guys trying to make the team so maybe this rematch of last years 'fail mary' game will be more interesting than the position battles.

I'm sure the GB fans are going to have something to say and will be saying it loudly all game. All I can really say is at least the droves of asshat cBS GB fans didn't make it over here so we don't have to hear a rehash of the whining for the entire week.

So how about it? You all have any extra interest in this game because of last years match up? Or just more because it's a very tough team on the road in a tough place to win? Maybe both?

I know I want to see the defense play with some intensity without the 12's behind them. I expect a lot better pass defense than what we saw last week.

GB fans can complain about the "Fail Mary", but their team shouldn't have coughed up that game to the Vikings with the 1 seed on the line. I expect the team to play roughly 2 1/2 to 3 full quarters and I like you WizardHawk really want to see a consistant pass rush. This will be pretty much the final time we see the 1's until opening day.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB fans can complain about the "Fail Mary", but their team shouldn't have coughed up that game to the Vikings with the 1 seed on the line. I expect the team to play roughly 2 1/2 to 3 full quarters and I like you WizardHawk really want to see a consistant pass rush. This will be pretty much the final time we see the 1's until opening day.

Actually the 4th preseason game is the one where starters are put in for like a half to get chemistry down. I expect that will hold true.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our starters will be playing most of the entire first half and some even into the 3rd Q. Of course we don't want any injuries, but game 3 of the preseason is almost always the one the starters are in the longest and even with a lack of blitzing, there will be some tough physical play going on. This will be a good test of us on the road. We need this kind of road experience. 3-5 on the road this year is unacceptable.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the 4th preseason game is the one where starters are put in for like a half to get chemistry down. I expect that will hold true.

Key starters may only be in for a few series, and some will most likely sit out like Lynch. Middle of next week, the roster gets cut to 75. Raiders game at home won't be any kind of test. 3rd and 4th will be filled with a lot of those who won't make the 53 and its the last chance audition for the practice squad.

Man, I feel bad for Matt Flynn trying to play behind that Raider Oline this season. The poor guy is gonna be a sack machine and scrambling for his life every game.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a road game, in Lambeau, between two teams that will be expected to go deep into the playoffs if not all the way to the Super Bowl, with what could be a hostile crowd and the starters playing the most they've played all preseason so far? Yeah, I'm expecting this one to have the same feel as the Broncos game did. If there's a difference between last week and this week, it'll be thanks to the merciless booing that Tate is guaranteed to receive anytime he touches the ball or does anything even remotely noteworthy.

The crowd at CenturyLink might have been loud and the game against Denver might have had a regular season type of atmosphere to it, but I don't remember any one player on the Broncos being singled out by the fans with merciless booing like I expect Tate to be booed in Green Bay. There's going to be a palpable tension in the air for the whole game, especially if it's a close game.

With that being said... that's the type of atmosphere that you should want to play in on the road in the dress rehearsal for the regular season if you're the Seahawks. Having to play in that sort of atmosphere in the preseason should mentally prepare them to play on the road in the regular season when it figures to be that intense, more intense or at least close to that intense for every game. If they handle it well, they should be able to handle any road atmosphere well during the regular season and if they don't, then they'll at least know what they need to do during the regular season to handle it better.

Now, the team got over the hump in terms of winning on the road in the playoffs last year and as hostile an environment as it figures to be on Friday, it's not going to match the intensity of a playoff road game, so maybe it's not significant in terms of making that kind of statement... but it should be a nice refresher course on hostile road environments heading into this season at the very least.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the back-to-back combo of Denver and GB in the 2nd and 3rd Preseason games. Great tests for the 1st teamers. What I really love is our depth and that shines through. We don't lose much ground if someone goes down. Even TJ might be decent so long as he doesn't tear his pec again. Everyone forgets that Denver has a very good defense. They gave up fewer passing yards and rushing yards than the Hawks last year and only 3 more points per game. Even though our first string offense only put up 10 or 13 on them vs. what should have been 14 for Denver, I felt it did pretty well in a non-scouted, man-on-man environment.

GB was upper mid-pack last year on defense, so I am hoping the offense gets a decent look at some long drives. I expect our defense to dominate, even on the road. Rodgers won't have Jennings, although Nelson and Cobb should be fine. Not sure if Cobb will play on Friday.

Anyone think Sid will play or will the Carolina game be his pre-season? What about news on Carp, Avril or Bruce?

Last edited by a moderator:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see Tate have a Huge game. Not to rub it in because of what happened last season but for himself. He will be hearing it from the GB fans every time he touches the ball.

Game 3 is always the game teams have their Starters start the 3rd quarter. To give them that chance to come out at Halftime and get going after sitting for 15 minutes. As far as the game itself between Seattle and GB, I just do not think GB is as good as they "think" they are. Do not get me wrong, Rogers is the Best QB in the NFC if not the NFL if you ask me and Green Bay at Lambeau is as tough as any game preseason or not, But I think the 49ers are a much better team as well as Atlanta. This in that way will be a solid test for the Hawks. Are they able to take that next step and win those extremely tough away games?

No doubt playing in Lambeau is much harder than say Playing in Indy or any "dome Satdium" It's just not January, cold, snowing with a frozen field and the game doesn't count lol. Still its a good test for our young team.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I've loved about this preseason so far is that, despite missing multiple projected starters on both sides of the ball for both games and playing pretty vanilla schemes, the Hawks have still managed to put up 31 and 40 points respectively and they've done so with contributions from all three phases of the team. There are things they could be doing better, sure, but that just makes what they've done that much more impressive. It all points to the depth on the roster and a "next man up" mentality. That isn't to say that I'd be okay with missing this many starters all season, but it's nice to know that, if needed, the quality depth is there.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am excited for it because its seahawks football.

all the little extras only add to that.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's absolutely no point to try to go in there and make a statement. We just did that at home against the Broncos. Home game against a solid opponent who was also apparently out there to play as well and we got in some regular-season intensity football. The starting offense needed that game because they looked pretty bad against the Chargers in limited action. There's absolutely nothing to gain by trying to make another statement on the road against a good team in a very hostile environment. Time to let the guys compete for the final spots, make sure we iron out all the kinks we have in the first half against the Raiders and get ready for Carolina. Why extend the regular season from 16 games to 18+ games?

caseycomb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's going to be in the back of the Seahawks players minds that Green Bay thinks they won the last meeting, hopefully we roll em up....people are going to hate the Hawks win or lose but hating us for winning is more preferable!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the team won't be keying in on GB due to anything that happened last season, nor should they be. Doubt the coaches at GB are preparing for it like that either. I'm sure Rogers and some of the others have that game in the backs of their mind and I'd expect them to play a bit more chippy because of it. Does that help us or hurt us? Don't know, but that game will have some impact on this one. The rest of it is the fans and their reaction to our team now vs had that game not ended the way it did. I fully expect a lot more crap from their fans over it. Honestly it will be a great preseason atmosphere because of it. You want to prepare your team for playing on the road in hostile situations? Bingo. Here you go.

I'm curious about any GB fans out here what they think of this game and what their expectations are. Any of you going to this game and how will you react to the Seahawks if you are? We did have a few decent GB fans come over here after the death of cBS.

nflspense

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing's I'm most interested in -
Opening two drives on offense on the road.
Winfield/Thurmond.
Coleman/Bates.
Eddie Lacey vs. Wagner.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 4th preseason game you might get a series with the 1's on both sides of the ball. Some coaches won't even start the 1's for fear of injury, and I can't blame them for that.