• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Game 3, Los Angeles Chargers @ Los Angeles Rams, 08/26/17, 8:00pm EST

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could have easily been a win if not for a camp leg that missed a FG!
Running out the camp leg told me a lot about McVay. He is wise beyond his years, yes the victory was important but when we didn't see Greg out there for the chip winning FG, it sent a message to all Rams fans that he is interested in keeping his team healthy for the regular season and wants to see what the bottom end of the 90 man roster has. This should go a long way in evaluating just who is going to make the cut and who will not.

And to be honest, I valued that thinking much more than the win, despite all the Chargers fans chanting at the top of their lungs how great they were last night. Leaving the Stadium, you would think they just won a game against us to go to the Superbowl, I know different Conferences, but you get the drift.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, I agree except for Goff, he needs the work, I think they may work him a series or two again with a lot of backups as they did yesterday. Timing was an issue though since he has exclusively worked with the starters. I think if that game was a regular season game, Goff security blanket in Kupp starts and of course Gurley and Whitworth.

BTW RR, Goff had an excellent drive in his second series, without Gurely against the Chargers defensive starters. That fumble/sack/TD was on Havenstein. Rob got beat off the jump, and his defender was sacking Goff in under 2s. I have to wonder if Gurley was in there if he picks up the pressure giving Goff another second to throw the ball since he was in his throwing motion?
Yeah I actually was impressed by his play on that drive. The Chargers came out swinging hard, like it was a playoff game and the Rams were not ready for that and it showed. If Goff needs work then they should start Mannion for a few games. The last thing any of us wants to see in 7 weeks is 0-5. But I'm optimistic that Goff is catching on just fine. All he needs to do is shake off the Fisher curse...lol

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seemed Goff should've felt that pressure on the strip sack, but the worse play IMO was that wounded duck for the pick. Again though, that could've been Watkins running the wrong route.

I don't see the value in starting Mannion at this point. Goff is the starter until he completely flames out. Removing him now will only mess with his head and derail any confidence improvements made this offseason.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the worse play IMO was that wounded duck for the pick. Again though, that could've been Watkins running the wrong route.
I wasn't sure either, then I watched Goff's post game interview. He said he came off of it too soon, feeling pressure. It was good to see him take responsibility when asked about who was at fault, he or Watkins.

McVay, decided to go with a lot of backups in yesterdays game when typically G3 of the preseason, we see the starters play into the 3rd Quarter.

No doubt the OBJ scare and the Edleman season ending injury changed the decisions on a lot of players by coaches across the league.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Orlosky will be gone and the Rams will go with Goff and Mannion. If Goff falters, Mannion will be the starter.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Orlosky will be gone and the Rams will go with Goff and Mannion. If Goff falters, Mannion will be the starter.
You know my buddy you met? Well we have a In-N-Out double-double bet on whether Orlosky will be on the 53 man roster or not.

I say he doesn't make the 53 man roster too.

Love me some double doubles!!

5ukIZKv.jpg

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey now, that was me and the wife after the game on Saturday, so show some respect guys.

I didn't even realize she was in the picture when I posted that....

So ....

btfo.gif

BTW - :kidding: