• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preparing for the ultimate bash fest!

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it cool how we all log on and find some type of shitty stuff to say all while trying to discuss Lions football? I mean, the draft is coming and surely this one has the potential to be the one that the fans will have the time of their lives bashing everything Mayhew and company do. Lets get a preview of what will happen during the draft:

With the 23rd pick of the draft, the Lions select La'el Collins, OT.
Fan response: "Wtf is that? They should've took Goldman there. Got dammit."

With the 23rd pick of the draft, the Lions trade down with N.E and receives an additional 3rd.
Fan response: "Got dammit Mayhew, you retard. Why didn't you just take Parker there? Worst GM ever."

With the 23rd pick, the Lions select Trae Waynes, CB.
Fans response: "Wa..wa..wa..wait a minute, did he just waste that pick on him? Why not trade down?"

With the 23rd pick the Lions select Shelton, DT.
Fans response: (Immediately jumps off cliff)

(After the draft is over, the word is the Lions are the big winners and had the best draft)

Fans response: "So what, they didnt fucking sign Suh and everyone they drafted sucks anyway. Fuck these assholes."

Lmaooooooo

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mayhew were to get fired before the draft, there'd be a lot less bitching. (Only option in the first that would piss me off is Gordon, I think.)

Like when Millen was fired and the Lemmings chanted "In Mayhew We Trust", for no reason other than he wasn't Millen.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful what you ask for. Most wanted Linehan gone and now...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful what you ask for. Most wanted Linehan gone and now...
I didn't want Scotty gone.

That dude knew what he was working with. And what he was working with, was given to him by Mayhew.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do think Linehan would fare with the NYJets offense ?

Dallas has a far superior O-Line compared to what Det has now or had when he was here, not to mention better skill players, once again as a whole, over Det.

Linehan benefitted last year from what Dallas' offensive player personnel had to offer him, IMO.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smitty I can see Mayhew absoFUCKINGlutely taking Gordon at 23 if Gurley and Coleman are gone. Why you ask??? He prolly has Gordon rated as the second best offensive weapon in the draft.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do think Linehan would fare with the NYJets offense ?

Dallas has a far superior O-Line compared to what Det has now or had when he was here, not to mention better skill players, once again as a whole, over Det.

Linehan benefitted last year from what Dallas' offensive player personnel had to offer him, IMO.

Yes I can see a downgrade by the Linehan lovers after the run game takes a hit and Romo is forced to be the man again.

Unless they get a different RB for that duo. I see McFadden having the best three games of his career before being hurt every other game.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smitty I can see Mayhew absoFUCKINGlutely taking Gordon at 23 if Gurley and Coleman are gone. Why you ask??? He prolly has Gordon rated as the second best offensive weapon in the draft.
Oh,...... I know.

I'm prepared to be pissed.

I agree completely with you BigBlue, Linehan had more to work with in Dallas that he ever had in Detroit. But... and this somewhat of a large but, our offense was definitely better with Scotty than Vince's Grandson. Could just be first year transition, could just be Caldwell is a dipshit when it comes to game management(That really isn't up for debate.) could be Linehan is actually good at his job. Only time will tell. But,(another but for good measure) Pettigrew was and would be a big part of the short range game, an extension of the running game, if Scotty were still around. 4mil wouldn't be any kind of an issue if he were utilized.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you remember Linehan as his first few years as a OC? I don't either. Scotty's game plan does and has not varied much over time. Was it awesome from the get go? That's were I am not sure of. I in no way am a protecting Lombardi. I will lambast him more after the second season with no progression.

I remember Pete Carroll sucking as a pro HC twice. Thought the hire by Seattle was a bad one. Looking at his past. I was wrong on that. I will give Lombardi a second chance.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it cool how we all log on and find some type of shitty stuff to say all while trying to discuss Lions football? I mean, the draft is coming and surely this one has the potential to be the one that the fans will have the time of their lives bashing everything Mayhew and company do. Lets get a preview of what will happen during the draft:

With the 23rd pick of the draft, the Lions select La'el Collins, OT.
Fan response: "Wtf is that? They should've took Goldman there. Got dammit."

With the 23rd pick of the draft, the Lions trade down with N.E and receives an additional 3rd.
Fan response: "Got dammit Mayhew, you retard. Why didn't you just take Parker there? Worst GM ever."

With the 23rd pick, the Lions select Trae Waynes, CB.
Fans response: "Wa..wa..wa..wait a minute, did he just waste that pick on him? Why not trade down?"

With the 23rd pick the Lions select Shelton, DT.
Fans response: (Immediately jumps off cliff)

(After the draft is over, the word is the Lions are the big winners and had the best draft)

Fans response: "So what, they didnt fucking sign Suh and everyone they drafted sucks anyway. Fuck these assholes."

Lmaooooooo

And then there are some fans who are already over the moon in love with the pick, whoever the hell it ends up being.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you remember Linehan as his first few years as a OC? I don't either. Scotty's game plan does and has not varied much over time. Was it awesome from the get go? That's were I am not sure of. I in no way am a protecting Lombardi. I will lambast him more after the second season with no progression.

I remember Pete Carroll sucking as a pro HC twice. Thought the hire by Seattle was a bad one. Looking at his past. I was wrong on that. I will give Lombardi a second chance.

Linehan had the best RB in football last year because his GM drafts boring Olinemen in round 1. Mayhew will draft Olineman in the first round when they can start catches passes every play.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When he had Culpepper or Stafford in first year with the Lions?

Or when he was under Saban that one year in Miamuh? (They went from 4-12 to 9-7 that year, it was 05, I believe.)

Or when he had Moss up in Minny? (Moss whipped ass one of the three years, I know that. That Scotty helped 'em peat the Pack in the playoffs, then got fired.)

I don't really remember his St. Louis HC days much. They were no longer the greatest show on turf, but I think Bulger got a raw deal for being the guy after Warner. (And kinda the guy between Warner, I think.)

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he had Culpepper or Stafford in first year with the Lions?

Or when he was under Saban that one year in Miamuh? (They went from 4-12 to 9-7 that year, it was 05, I believe.)

Or when he had Moss up in Minny? (Moss whipped ass one of the three years, I know that. That Scotty helped 'em peat the Pack in the playoffs, then got fired.)

I don't really remember his St. Louis HC days much. They were no longer the greatest show on turf, but I think Bulger got a raw deal for being the guy after Warner. (And kinda the guy between Warner, I think.)

Did you google?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Linehan had the best RB in football last year because his GM drafts boring Olinemen in round 1. Mayhew will draft Olineman in the first round when they can start catches passes every play.

Actually Jerry got slammed for moving up and getting Fredrick at C. The. It worked it. Steven was involved the heavily the last two drafts. Please Rob, I dislike Mayhew's skills, please don't compare any GM to Jerry the last 15 years. As Millen might be the only one comparable.

Linehan also had a RB in a contract year that stayed healthy. I assume had he been in the middle of his contract, he would have went on IR with his broken hand instead of jeopardizing his future to prove durability finally after repeatedly missing time previous years.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew starts putting together a consistent winner I will gladly say I am wrong. But the proof is their that he has bungled and mismanaged so many decisions.

I have mentioned repeatedly it's as if he takes one step forward and two back....

The trade with Dallas were he fleeced Jerry only to mis the picks.

Trading for Houston and then giving him a big contract and cutting him a year later...what is his dead space hit 3 million?

Letting Suh go to avoid a 25 million dollar cap hit but not having a backup plan.

Then the misses in the draft well thats been beaten to death. But if you want to optimistic great I just think it took fans ripping the organization for them to finally get rid of Millen.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading for Houston and then giving him a big contract and cutting him a year later...what is his dead space hit 3 million?

He had a career ending foot injury. He was a decent buy for roughly 5M a year when he got that new contract, while comparing his skill-set as to what other CB's were getting at that time. Was Mayhew suppose to inherit his inner Ms. Cleo and should have seen the vision in his crystal ball knowing Houston was going to get injured. C'mon man.

I've bitched more than anybody in here regarding dead money but this is 1 instance where Mayhew made the right choice in letting a player go that couldn't do jack-squat because of that injury. Houston struggled greatly in 2013 due to that injury which came about pre-season and then again early on in the regular season.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a career ending foot injury. He was a decent buy for roughly 5M a year when he got that new contract, while comparing his skill-set as to what other CB's were getting at that time. Was Mayhew suppose to inherit his inner Ms. Cleo and should have seen the vision in his crystal ball knowing Houston was going to get injured. C'mon man.

From what I heard is he still was planning on playing. The injury was serious but he could still return if he wanted. Not much incentive when he has millions coming his way.
Former Lions cornerback Houston waits for next NFL shot | www.mystatesman.com

Most from Rotoworld the article wants you to subscribe to get the full story.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I heard is he still was planning on playing. The injury was serious but he could still return if he wanted. Not much incentive when he has millions coming his way.
Former Lions cornerback Houston waits for next NFL shot | www.mystatesman.com

Most from Rotoworld the article wants you to subscribe to get the full story.

The thing with Houston is, they re-signed him when he was already injured. Houston's agent should be charged with highway robbery on that one.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ms. Cleo and should have seen the vision in his crystal ball knowing Houston was going to get injured. C'mon man.
Fairley LeShoure I've read on this board how smart MMII was for letting Delmas and myBoy Willie walk, since he saw their injuries coming. He's evidently a freakin' clairvoyant.

(Never mind that our in coming SS missed aboot the same amount of games. Even the LongIsland Medium slips up e'ry now n then.)