• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prediction Friday......A Bye,Trent Sits, and Third place..Now what?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the subject is football, it seems as if, ONLY in DC does drama never cease. Forget the political stuff, our football team had a bye week where normally you'd expect some relative quiet, but, of course, not here. I'm sure that the talking heads were all set to rehash the whole Kirk Cousins contract debate, that was expected coming into the week off. What actually happened was the loss of a team captain and key member of the offensive line due to suspension. Interestingly, despite that bad news, this team without ever needing to put on their uniforms, actually gained ground in their division standings. This good news addendum to the expected Cousins storyline was all but forgotten because Trent Williams won't be available until 5 weeks from this one.

Unlike Minnesota where the season started off 5-0 and dreams of going deep into the playoffs if not a SB appearance have been quieted by 3 straight losses, Washington still is operating with an optimistic view of things to come. Both teams will need a win coming out of this one for differing reasons....One to stop the bleeding while the other desires to get off to a good second half start. In total, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good, but, after a tie in London, Washington will be in no mood for another one as luck is with the home team and they escape their Norse visitors with a 24-23 victory. This, I believe will be so thanks primarily, to a Viking kicking game that has as yet to find its' groove this season.

The questions as usual:

1. Who wins and final score?

2. Player(s) of the game?

3. Memorial moment, event or play that will have them buzzing at the water cooler on Monday?

Good luck to one and all!!!

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins roll...31-17.
RK with 3 sacks and 2 FF
Strip sack fumble for a TD

I like that! ^^^^^^^^^^^

Unfortunately I see no rest for the weary this week, The Vikings are in desperation mode and I think they'll play as such and be a dangerous team. That said...............

Skins 31 Vikes 28

The Vikes offense explodes (in a good way for Vikes fans) and goes for 28, but in an even better way for Skins fans. KC and the offense overcome, at least for the moment, their red zone woes going 3 for 3 in the RZ with the last RZ TD being the game winner scored by Rob Kelley from 2 yards out giving him 2 TDs in his first 100 yard game (23 carries 109 yd 2 TDs) of his career.

KC starts out shakey with an INT on his first pass of the day, but rebounds very nicely patiently taking what the Vikes give him and finishing up 24/35, 296 yards, 2 TDs/1 INT with the TDs going to Reed from the RZ and a sweet 26 yd teardrop to JC.

Players of the game are neither Fat Rob or KC though it's the OL baby. Who despite missing their best player. Open holes for both Kelley and CT all day to the tune of 29 carries for 151 yards on the ground and damn near keep KC's jersey clean as he's only sacked once and pressured a couple times for the game.

Play of the game - A great acrobatic Norman pick in the end zone preventing the Vikes from taking an 11 point lead (Zimmer nuts up in the post game presser when a reporter asks why didn't they just play for the FG at that time in the game leading to a new bigger, better version of "You play to win the game." meme that spreads like wildfire) Meanwhile Norman's pick sets the stage for the Skins game winning 80 yard TD drive resulting in the final score.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its skins 19 vikes 18 as Hopkins makes up for the bengals. Game

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scary thought. No Trent Williams and possibly no Moses against a good Vikings D. The ball is going to have to come out fast.

No DJax. Look for VD and Clam Crowder to pickup the slack.

Low scoring close game. Could go either way.

Wish the Skins were allowed to use the original throwback helmets with their throwback uniforms.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins 255 yards 1 TD 1 INT
Thompson 25 rushing 25 receiving 1 TD
Kelly 50 yards
Jones 25 yards
Crowder 50 yards 1 TD
Garcon 50 yards
Grant -5 yards
Reed 70 yards
Davis 25 yards
Hopkins 2 FG
Defense 2 sacks 1 fumble 1 TD

Bradford 215 yards 1 TD
Hillmnan 30 yards 1 TD
McKinnon 25 yards 1 TD
Asiata 40 yards 25 receiving
Diggs 60 yards
Patterson 40 yards
Thielen 40 yards
Rudolph 40 yards
Walsh 1 FG
Defense 2 sacks 1 INT

Redskins 27 Vikings 24

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scary thought. No Trent Williams and possibly no Moses against a good Vikings D. The ball is going to have to come out fast.

No DJax. Look for VD and Clam Crowder to pickup the slack.

Low scoring close game. Could go either way.

Wish the Skins were allowed to use the original throwback helmets with their throwback uniforms.

If you're talking about the spear helmet, ya got my vote on that one! #BestHelmetever

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No although I like that helmet. I like the current helmet. The original throwback helmet was brown and supposed to look like an old leather helmet. They only wore it once or twice before the league deemed it necessary to not switch helmets due to all the concussion stuff.

bb6d7a66d262ecaa1385991c5530763e.jpg

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're talking about the spear helmet, ya got my vote on that one! #BestHelmetever

The spear is cool, but its associated much more with the Seminoles of Florida State now. And the Warrior Chief is the best helmet in football and the best emblem/decal in all of sports.

I never liked it seeing it in old highlights or in print, but I did dig the unis with the capital R with the feathers. When they wore them in the Gibbs 2.0 years.