• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict the final score of SB50 here

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Broncos scoring more than 20. Remember the Broncos only put up 20 in optimal conditions on their home field and 7 of those were the result of Brady handing the ball to Von Miller deep in Pats territory. The Panthers D is better than the Pats. I think the key will be if the Camthers go up by a lot whether Rivera goes into the shitty conservative mode like he did against the Seahawks. Could see the Broncos getting garbage time points then.

Best guess:

Camthers 31
Broncos 17

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More people picking Denver than I expected, but still majority favor Carolina, which isn't surprising.

What is surprising are the scores some of you are predicting. High 30s for the Panthers? High 20s for Denver? Have you guys watched these teams?

Most people gravitate towards offensive dominance going forward as opposed defensive dominance. The Panthers have scored 80+ in 2 playoff games and it's had a big impact on public opinion.

After Denver won on Sunday, but before the NFCCG started, Denver was a 2 point underdog to both Carolina and Arizona. Now they're 4.5-5 point underdogs because 1. Carolina lit up the scoreboard against a team that must couldn't stop the bleeding, and 2. That was last thing we all saw and we're prisoners of the moment.

The odds of Carolina jumping out to a big lead for the 3rd game in a row are incredibly slim.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Broncos scoring more than 20. Remember the Broncos only put up 20 in optimal conditions on their home field and 7 of those were the result of Brady handing the ball to Von Miller deep in Pats territory. The Panthers D is better than the Pats. I think the key will be if the Camthers go up by a lot whether Rivera goes into the shitty conservative mode like he did against the Seahawks. Could see the Broncos getting garbage time points then.

Best guess:

Camthers 31
Broncos 17

Manning also missed on 3 touchdown passes by a matter of less than a foot. So to say they can't score more than 20 when they were close to blowing that game wide open to me is a bit misleading. Manning is still working on getting his timing back with the WR's. My guess is that is his point of emphasis this entire time leading up to the Super Bowl is working on that deep ball as it was there for Arizona against Carolina but Palmer couldn't hit it. Manning hits a couple of those and it opens up quite a bit of what the Broncos want to do.

Reactions: DJ

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning also missed on 3 touchdown passes by a matter of less than a foot. So to say they can't score more than 20 when they were close to blowing that game wide open to me is a bit misleading. Manning is still working on getting his timing back with the WR's. My guess is that is his point of emphasis this entire time leading up to the Super Bowl is working on that deep ball as it was there for Arizona against Carolina but Palmer couldn't hit it. Manning hits a couple of those and it opens up quite a bit of what the Broncos want to do.
LOL...good luck with that...

Denver won't get near Cam like they did with Brady...good luck with that also

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...good luck with that...

Denver won't get near Cam like they did with Brady...good luck with that also

If you say so. They have faced better OL's and done just fine getting to the QB. The best pass rushing team the Panthers faced all year was the Texans who finished 6th in sacks this year and they were able to get to him and held them to one of their lowest point totals of the season. While Carolina's OL has been great they also haven't faced a ton of great pass rushes either. 10 of their 16 games were against bottom half of the league teams in sacks. If we take it just a couple spots more then 13 of their 16 games happened against teams 14th or worst in sacks. In the playoffs so far they faced the 17th and 20th ranked team in sacks so not like the OL has been tested much so far in the playoffs. 2 of their 4 worst offensive outputs this year were against teams that finished higher than 14th in sacks. So only against one of the teams ranked higher than 14th did they have a very good game offensively.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you say so.

You like saying this to people. You should stop. You sound like you are 10 years old. Just go ahead and disagree without the bratty intro to your post.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You like saying this to people. You should stop. You sound like you are 10 years old. Just go ahead and disagree without the bratty intro to your post.

I apologize not how I meant to come across. More meant people keep saying these things but have nothing to really back it up other than just saying it out loud. While yes the Panthers have a better OL than the Patriots they also run a very different scheme than the Patriots. The Patriots are geared towards getting the ball out of the QB's hands in less than 2 seconds. The Panthers on the other hand are more of trying to push the ball down the field passing wise making Cam have to hold onto the ball longer. It is why I pointed out that the best pass rushes they have faced this year have held them to some of their lowest point totals because the longer he holds onto that ball the more likely that pass rush gets home. So while I don't think the Broncos will be getting to him in the 2.16 seconds they were to Brady those 7-step drops while the play develops usually take closer to 3-4 seconds to develop.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....I just hope-n-pray that both team's score a lot of points for my SB/squares,....a sucky 17-13/game ain't gonna help me win $$$...!

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....I just hope-n-pray that both team's score a lot of points for my SB/squares,....a sucky 17-13/game ain't gonna help me win $$$...!

Kri$t Marge ... you bet on high scores with the best D going against a MVP QB vs the worst QB in the league?

you better stay in church ...

Panthers 17
Broncos 6

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance this game is a blowout.....either way.

It's a pretty good matchup.
I'd say there is a very large chance it is a blowout. Usually you get blowouts when a top D gets into the Super Bowl because the top D forces turnovers, locks the other team down and the other team gets desperate. Numerous examples.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Brady and the mad scientist could only put up 18 on that Denver D, what makes you think Cam can do better ??
I'm picking Denver 20 to 16 and the return of the
th?id=OIP.M95aeb63bd08e50942994f4b73a4b9ab9o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300.jpg Defense.....Gitty Up !!!!!!!!

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be rooting for the Broncos but this could be ugly. I did hear there could be raining weather though.

Good weather....
Carolina 38
Denver 23

Shitty, rainy, sloppy field (glimmer of hope)
Carolina 17
Denver 20