• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

pre camp 53 and PS squad

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will just go with Wentz with Howell as the backup. They wont pay FA money for a 3rd QB
how about we see if the 5th round pick can play before we start giving away the best BU in the NFL

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how about we see if the 5th round pick can play before we start giving away the best BU in the NFL

I wouldn't go that far as best BU in the NFL. Howell would really have to stink

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TH is like an AAAA player in baseball: too good for the minors, not quite a major leaguer. He can make some throws and make some plays with his legs, but not all of them and not enough of them.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, they would. They are not going to pay good money to TH to be the backup.
Paying 3.6 mil this yr for your BU qb isn’t out of line dean

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paying 3.6 mil this yr for your BU qb isn’t out of line dean

I meant next year when he becomes a FA. If Wentz does well there is no way wed sign back TH with the drafting of Howell. dcrising doesn't understand that. If Wentz fails, then it's a different story but they certainly won't be handing the keys to the franchise to TH. A QB would be signed in FA or one will be a high draft pick. So, I dont think TH has a future with this team after this season.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant next year when he becomes a FA. If Wentz does well there is no way wed sign back TH with the drafting of Howell. dcrising doesn't understand that. If Wentz fails, then it's a different story but they certainly won't be handing the keys to the franchise to TH. A QB would be signed in FA or one will be a high draft pick. So, I dont think TH has a future with this team after this season.
how is anyone supposed to know what you " meant " when you dont say it ? you jump all over the place .

lest clue you in on something , howell is a 5th round pick , a 5th rounder . he hasnt taken one TC snap or preseason snap at all and you have declared him a lock as qb2 based on his 5th round status ?

falso has clearly shown he is at least a qb2 in this league and in NFL circles he is considered the best BU in the NFL at qb . you would be hard pressed i think to find 5 better ones as BU's

now i like howell i think he is value at the pick he was made, but reports out of OTAS and minicamp is he has a long way to go before he can play qb in the NFL

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how is anyone supposed to know what you " meant " when you dont say it ? you jump all over the place .

lest clue you in on something , howell is a 5th round pick , a 5th rounder . he hasnt taken one TC snap or preseason snap at all and you have declared him a lock as qb2 based on his 5th round status ?

falso has clearly shown he is at least a qb2 in this league and in NFL circles he is considered the best BU in the NFL at qb . you would be hard pressed i think to find 5 better ones as BU's

now i like howell i think he is value at the pick he was made, but reports out of OTAS and minicamp is he has a long way to go before he can play qb in the NFL

Im talking about 2023.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im talking about 2023.
again how is anyone supposed to know that when you dont say it ? in 2023 who knows where we will be at ? wince could fail and we are in another bind , our HC and hence our FO could be gone . we dont know

paying falco 3-6 mil as a BU isnt out of line and i would expect if wince does well that , that would be the price to retain him

but not seeing howell in game action at this point doesnt make me feel that falco wont be here . we have to see where howell is at

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again how is anyone supposed to know that when you dont say it ? in 2023 who knows where we will be at ? wince could fail and we are in another bind , our HC and hence our FO could be gone . we dont know

paying falco 3-6 mil as a BU isnt out of line and i would expect if wince does well that , that would be the price to retain him

but not seeing howell in game action at this point doesnt make me feel that falco wont be here . we have to see where howell is at

We were talking about TH in FA. So yes, that would be 2023

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, they would. They are not going to pay good money to TH to be the backup.
no they won't. Especially after all the reports I read about him in MC and OTA's that he has a long way to go before anyone even talks about him being QB2 let alone QB1.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no they won't. Especially after all the reports I read about him in MC and OTA's that he has a long way to go before anyone even talks about him being QB2 let alone QB1.

Then what was the purpose in drafting Howell? To be a starter in 23 if Wentz fails? Dont you think they would use FA or the draft to fill that need? You really think TH has a future with this team? If so, how?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then what was the purpose in drafting Howell? To be a starter in 23 if Wentz fails? Dont you think they would use FA or the draft to fill that need? You really think TH has a future with this team? If so, how?
who knows why they drafted howell other then to be a developmental qb its a 5th round pick , dean not a premium pick so why read into anything at this point

as for falco he has a future here as a BU making good money much like many a journeyman qb has . he understands who he is , why cant you ?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to dive into this backup QB thing. I don't think TH is the best BU in the league. I think he is over paid by at least $1.6 million dollars. He is a great story but he is severely limited. He is a great story, from sleeping on his sisters couch to backing up/starting 15 games for the intended starter.

Howell has a better arm than Heinicke. It remains to be seen whether he is better or not.

I get it, this is a forum where folks give opinions ... me too :D but if the team has to go to either guy than things did not go well in one way or another.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who knows why they drafted howell other then to be a developmental qb its a 5th round pick , dean not a premium pick so why read into anything at this point

as for falco he has a future here as a BU making good money much like many a journeyman qb has . he understands who he is , why cant you ?

I understand he has no future with this team b/c of the drafting of Howell. Ther is not futrue for him here if Wentz does well. If Wentz gets hurt or plays bad and TH comes in an dominates, then that is the only way he stays on the roster in 23.