• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Potential Coach and AD candidates

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since it is now a foregone conclusion that the current staff will fail, let's start naming our list of potential candidates.

HP wants Chip Kelly, so there's the first name.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

This staff isn't going anywhere for at least 3 years.

I won't even waste my time entertaining the subject once again.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

This staff isn't going anywhere for at least 3 years.

I won't even waste my time entertaining the subject once again.

I know, but we already decided it's going to happen......might as well look ahead

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, but we already decided it's going to happen......might as well look ahead

Who's "we"?

"We" have no idea what coaches will be available in 2018.

Entertaining the question is a complete waste of time and bandwidth.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Bill Callahan for one of those spots?

:markmay:

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Osborne-Devaney

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they're not available

Tressel-Tressel

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't realize being sarcastic about the Huskers would get your Tom Osbourne Underoos in such a bunch. Now that I know that it does I'll make sure to go outta my way the rest of the year to make fun of them just for you since you don't have a sense of humor.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shouldn't have to use sarcasm font mf'ers

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A coach that has a proven WINNING record. It isn't hard.

Someone like Jerry Kill. They are out there. Jerry Kill built Southern Illinois, Northern Illinois, and has Minnesota competitive. I am NOT saying try to hire Jerry Kill, I would prefer he stays at Minnesota. Minnesota has been good to Kill and Kill has been good for Minnesota.

Last year, I wanted Gary Patterson, Jim Tressel, Justin Fuente, and Jim McElwain. In that order. Last year, Michigan, Florida got first dibs on coaches. Nebraska was going to have to go for the leftovers.

Since then, I found out that Gary Patterson is making over $4,000,000 and a TCU alum gave him part ownership of an oil company, so his salary is around $30,000,000. Can't top that.

We all know that Tressel can handle life in a fish bowl and the glaring lights of the media. I still would like Nebraska to make him say no. I bet he would love to take a shot at Ohio State.

I never thought McElwain would go anywhere but Florida, but you could have made a run at him.

Currently, Tom Herman and Justin Fuente are first time head coaches, but they had pretty good pedigree as offensive coordinators and seem to be doing pretty well at coaching. I don't think Herman will take the job, he wants to prove himself and I bet he has his eyes set on a bigger prize.

Whittingham at Utah. Last year was the time to offer him, too late now. I bet USC comes a calling.

Surprise candidate, how about Sonny Dykes of California?

No idea how you hire an Athletic Director. At Nebraska, their job is to hire a good football coach, all other responsibilities are after that. If the AD hires a good coach, the fanbase is happy and donations roll in. It is really not a hard job to do. Steve Pederson hired an oops, Osborne hired a hothead winner but a guy that could not handle the pressure of head coach at a blue blood, Eichorst hired what we have.

This AD fired Pelini and then in two days made his hire.(or something like that) AFAIK, Eichorst did not look around at anyone else. There were rumors, but I don't think any coach actually came out and said he wanted the job.

I would hire an Athletic Director from within UNL and is a real live Nebraskan.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say I haven't been thinking about who I'd rather have running the Football team, I am thinking more about former Huskers especially after that mention of Ralph Brown in the discussion about the corners. I would give credit to one of you guys but I have a short memory working for me today.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize being sarcastic about the Huskers would get your Tom Osbourne Underoos in such a bunch. Now that I know that it does I'll make sure to go outta my way the rest of the year to make fun of them just for you since you don't have a sense of humor.
That ain't panties in a bunch. That's just plain funny, I don't care who you are.

You want to see panties in a bunch look at HIB10's post. He's had at least a half dozen coronaries since RileDog was hired.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A coach that has a proven WINNING record. It isn't hard.

Someone like Jerry Kill. They are out there. Jerry Kill built Southern Illinois, Northern Illinois, and has Minnesota competitive. I am NOT saying try to hire Jerry Kill, I would prefer he stays at Minnesota. Minnesota has been good to Kill and Kill has been good for Minnesota.

Last year, I wanted Gary Patterson, Jim Tressel, Justin Fuente, and Jim McElwain. In that order. Last year, Michigan, Florida got first dibs on coaches. Nebraska was going to have to go for the leftovers.

Since then, I found out that Gary Patterson is making over $4,000,000 and a TCU alum gave him part ownership of an oil company, so his salary is around $30,000,000. Can't top that.

We all know that Tressel can handle life in a fish bowl and the glaring lights of the media. I still would like Nebraska to make him say no. I bet he would love to take a shot at Ohio State.

I never thought McElwain would go anywhere but Florida, but you could have made a run at him.

Currently, Tom Herman and Justin Fuente are first time head coaches, but they had pretty good pedigree as offensive coordinators and seem to be doing pretty well at coaching. I don't think Herman will take the job, he wants to prove himself and I bet he has his eyes set on a bigger prize.

Whittingham at Utah. Last year was the time to offer him, too late now. I bet USC comes a calling.

Surprise candidate, how about Sonny Dykes of California?

No idea how you hire an Athletic Director. At Nebraska, their job is to hire a good football coach, all other responsibilities are after that. If the AD hires a good coach, the fanbase is happy and donations roll in. It is really not a hard job to do. Steve Pederson hired an oops, Osborne hired a hothead winner but a guy that could not handle the pressure of head coach at a blue blood, Eichorst hired what we have.

This AD fired Pelini and then in two days made his hire.(or something like that) AFAIK, Eichorst did not look around at anyone else. There were rumors, but I don't think any coach actually came out and said he wanted the job.

I would hire an Athletic Director from within UNL and is a real live Nebraskan.
Really?!

First - it's a joke thread. Nobody in their right mind is seriously considering other options at this point

and B - TL;DR

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it last last year and will say it again

Tom Herman

he was the oc fer Ohio State