• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post-Game Thread: 2016-2017 NFC Divisional Round: Seattle Seahawks @ Atlanta Falcons

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so what are the latest excuses for the loss coming out of Seattle ?

Most of what I have seen is that Falcons are the better team. Some will complain about the flag on the punt return but it's not like it was a one score game

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got to Ryan quite a bit and had good enough pressure that Ryan had to make a lot of quick throws.
Yeah you're right, but still the Falcon's O-line played great yesterday and they deserved quite a bit of the credit.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yea thats right the refs have it out for them , its never their fault ..
giphy.gif
I didn't imply the refs had it out for them. I'm just saying when you go from thinking you just returned the ball to the opponents 10 yard line and getting it called all the way back to inside your own 10 yard line is a call that made a big impact on the game whether or not it was the right call.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't imply the refs had it out for them. I'm just saying when you go from thinking you just returned the ball to the opponents 10 yard line and getting it called all the way back to inside your own 10 yard line is a call that made a big impact on the game whether or not it was the right call.
i get that but its always something .. and I wasnt implying that you meant that

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks...no. class. I'am so happy they lost. Hate seattle

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep!!! The Hawks couldn't get to Ryan, he had all day to throw. Give the Falcon's O-line credit, they did a great job.

The whole team gets credit, they came out with grit and passion.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. The Hawks no doubt would have gotten at least a FG, so that would have been at least a eight point swing at that point of the game. Nevertheless the refs made the right call, as it was holding on the Seahawks.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. The Hawks no doubt would have gotten at least a FG, so that would have been at least a eight point swing at that point of the game. Nevertheless the refs made the right call, as it was holding on the Seahawks.
If I remember the play correctly Sherman committed a penalty that wasn't called too so it probably was going to come back either way.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember the play correctly Sherman committed a penalty that wasn't called too so it probably was going to come back either way.
Yeah it looked like Sherman was holding on that play.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got to Ryan quite a bit and had good enough pressure that Ryan had to make a lot of quick throws.

There was maybe one play that the protection broke had to eat it...the others...Matt seemed to go thru at least 2-3 reads and the pressure got to him.

I will say, SEA was collapsing the pocket quite a bit (as was ATL's D), and I think that's what you're talking about but the acquisition of Mack showed up big last night because Matt could climb the pocket and find guys on several occasions.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An unsung player for Falcons DEF was Brooks Reed #50...he was in the backfield all game long...didn't always finish the play, but definitely disrupted the timing on many in addition to his sack.

Also...Richardson is a stud...should be some pro bowls in his future.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was maybe one play that the protection broke had to eat it...the others...Matt seemed to go thru at least 2-3 reads and the pressure got to him.

I will say, SEA was collapsing the pocket quite a bit (as was ATL's D), and I think that's what you're talking about but the acquisition of Mack showed up big last night because Matt could climb the pocket and find guys on several occasions.
Mack has made a big difference. We went from having the worst center in the league to one of the best centers in the league.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons clearly were the better team, It was a dominating performance. Hats off to their entire offense, from Shanahan for his creative and versatile play-calling, to the O-Line for limiting the effectiveness of the Hawks front seven, to the skill players who came up big when their number was called, to an MVP performance by Matt Ryan. And their defense buckled down and made plays when they needed them too.

No excuses, no caveats, no 'what ifs'-- the Falcons proved themselves the better team, and deserve to be in the conference championship game. I hope that they win it. It's about time that Atlanta joins the Lombardi Club as far as I'm concerned.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dan Wolken said:
Michael Bennett's frustration carried into the SEA lockerroom where he berated, threatened a reporter after a question about the pass rush

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Matt Calkins said:
During tirade, Michael Bennett asked Q13 reporter Bill Wixey "What adversity you went through?!" Well, Wixey survived Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yea thats right the refs have it out for them , its never their fault ..
giphy.gif
Well it certainly wasn't their D line just ask Michael Bennett. Did you catch his post game? I think the NFL should make an exception to the media rule. Don't all Hawk players to talk to the press after a loss.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't make that assumption we've seen fumbles, INTs and missed FGs.
You are spot on it was a blatant hold that needed to be called. Any uneducated fan that argues it didn't have an impcat on the play is being a homer. There was a huge gap that Hester exploited. That's likely that players assignment.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Ryan is not a choker, he played great yesterday, but damn it give his O-line credit. The Hawks have a good defense, but when a QB has that much time to throw the ball, that team usually wins. I know quite a few Hawk fans and they are making excuses. I try to tell them that it's just a game and that the Falcons deserved to win that game, most of the fans don't want to hear that crap.
Hawks couldn't stop the pass or the run...tell me again about their D