• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post game - 9/16/16 Weaver @ Moore

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, our pathetic offense shares some blame, too. We had 1st and 3rd and no one out, and got a SacFly double play when Span was caught in a rundown on the throw from the OF. Of course, if he'd have been safe, he would have scored on the next hit. This team just cannot get out of its own way.

Casilla should go on the DL.

5 losses and 9 blown saves in 59 games, that's a safe % of 76% which isn't very good. Not very good at all.

He was fine last game. His arm is fine. He was just put in a terrible spot today and his confidence is just low right now.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was fine last game. His arm is fine. He was just put in a terrible spot today and his confidence is just low right now.

He was fine with a six run lead.

Not with a one run lead. Nope. This is now in his head. He cannot, he can NOT close another game this season. Bochy is giving a big FU to the rest of the team if this keeps up.

The Giants have now blown 7 of their last 11 save opportunities. If they convert only half of those, they are in good shape. And that would still be pretty poor closing.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not with a one run lead. Nope. This is now in his head. He cannot, he can NOT close another game this season. Bochy is giving a big FU to the rest of the team if this keeps up.

The Giants have now blown 7 of their last 11 save opportunities. If they convert only half of those, they are in good shape. And that would still be pretty poor closing.

But that's what I'm saying. He's fine, Bochy just set him up to fail.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's what I'm saying. He's fine, Bochy just set him up to fail.

Casilla is not fine. He's a mental midget and can't handle pitching with the game on the line.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to defend Casilla for this latest blown save, but he did get a ground ball that was not hit hard, just in the wrong spot. When it's going bad, though, there are no breaks. Giants played a solid game until what happened in the 9th. Seems like tomorrow will be an even tougher game now, but they can still take 3 of 4. Hate to say it, but with all the blown games, maybe it's just not their year.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
192006.gif
Careful with this. If tz finds out you hid a camera in his house, he will tie you up in the courts for years...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At this point, I would rather go with Reynolds as a 4th lefty in the pen than have Casilla on the post season roster.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SC can't possibly see anymore 9th inning action. (Can he?)

Hopefully this wasn't the knockout gut punch

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After three dreadful games against the Pads, we won two inspiring games against the Cards. Then came last night's debacle (9th blown save for Casilla), and now we are the walking dead again. With Span and Pagan struggling at the plate, I do not understand why Noggin keeps running them out there. Why not through in GK and Parker, etc?

And I think it is terrible that we don't have a third catcher. We are going to kill Posey at this rate.

Heart breaking, puzzling, maddening season.

And of course, the Giants' patient offense is seeing barely ten pitches an inning. :L

And the Card hitters are seeing 8 pitches per at bat. :L :L

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After three dreadful games against the Pads, we won two inspiring games against the Cards. Then came last night's debacle (9th blown save for Casilla), and now we are the walking dead again. With Span and Pagan struggling at the plate, I do not understand why Noggin keeps running them out there. Why not through in GK and Parker, etc?

And I think it is terrible that we don't have a third catcher. We are going to kill Posey at this rate.

Heart breaking, puzzling, maddening season.

And of course, the Giants' patient offense is seeing barely ten pitches an inning. :L

And the Card hitters are seeing 8 pitches per at bat. :L :L
The way this team has played, we will be lucky they make the playoffs. There have been a couple of games (the series sweep in Arizona before coming home at the latest example), on multiple occasions, where some of us thought were inspiring and the beginning of a turnaround. Yet, none of them were. I need to see at least 4 good games in a row before I believe that they have turned the corner. With the road about to end, they need to make that turn.

Bochy's mistakes were very tolerable (or not even noticeable) when the team played well (and won championships), they become magnified when the team struggles.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they do make the playoffs I like out chances. Fine SP, and a 'pen that won't have B.S. SC to worry about in the ninth. Hitting will take care of itself, me thinks.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting how Suarez only gets to go 5 innings no matter how he is doing. Only 60 pitches thrown and he was holding his own.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that, the Mets have a one game lead on us and the Cards are only one game back for the last WC spot. And the Dodgers scored 6 runs to tie it up with the D-Backs. This team sucks.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same team that had the best record at the ASB are now in a 3 way tie for the 10th best record in baseball, with 3 more teams within a game of the same record.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers just took 9-7 lead.

D-Backs tied it up at 9-9.

And I desperately need a Jake Lamb homer here, for fantasy purposes.

edit: fucking walk. I'll still take a score here.

edit 2: actually, give me extra innings so Lamb can come up again and homer FTW

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta tip your cap to the Cards. They are a professional team and we have to remember that they are paid to win as well.

Gotta tip your cap to the Padres. They are a professional team and we have to remember that they are paid to win as well.

Gotta tip your cap to the Dodgers. They are a professional team and we have to remember that they are paid to win as well.

Gotta tip your cap to the Mets. They are a professional team and we have to remember that they are paid to win as well.

Gotta tip your cap to the Cubs. They are a professional team and we have to remember that they are paid to win as well.