• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Popular Bands You Don't Like

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oop6a.gif

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3:06 on, I'll kick my own dog if she gets in my mosh path

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you listen to it?

Would have been better off as an instrumental IMO.

Sorry man, but that lead singer's voice is like nails on a chalkboard for me, and you know I like singer voices that are a little rough around the edges(Tom Petty, Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, Hank III, Neil Young, etc)

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outlaw Country and Honky Tonk is by far my bread and butter, but I like a lot of rock too. Even like a lot of heavy metal and some punk. I guess I push Country so much because I'm the only one that does. You'd probably like some of it too.

I grew up listening to country, that's all my mom listened to aside from Elvis and i'll admit now that she's gone there is some of the older stuff I can listen to but anything like post 1980 is fucking garbage IMO...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have been better off as an instrumental IMO.

Sorry man, but that lead singer's voice is like nails on a chalkboard for me, and you know I like singer voices that are a little rough around the edges(Tom Petty, Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, Hank III, Neil Young, etc)

neil young can sound just like him at times.

Ima music guy first, lyrics and singing second.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't hear it in Neil Young, but IMO, the songs Neil Young and Waylon Jennings collaborated in are some of the more underrated cuts for both artists.

When it comes to rock and bluegrass, I'm mostly the same way, but there's a limit on the voice. I can't listen to Rush either.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up listening to country, that's all my mom listened to aside from Elvis and i'll admit now that she's gone there is some of the older stuff I can listen to but anything like post 1980 is fucking garbage IMO...

There's diamonds in the rough, but after the Outlaw era was over, the pickings were slim, I agree(at least with what they play on the radio, Outlaw Country on SiriusXM gives air time to the acts that don't kiss corporate ass). Kind of a shame too. Waylon and Willie became the most successful artists of all time(at the time) by bucking the system and kicking corporate ass, breaking away from the bland Nashville Sound(which is basically your generic Country music that I'm generally not a big fan of), and now if you don't suck off the record head, you don't get radio play.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CCR

Never understood the attraction.

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 on my hate list is Rush. Geddy Lee is hands down the worst singer I’ve ever heard. I’d rather listen to Tiny Tim singing Tiptoe thru The tulips then Geddys God awful voice.

#2 on my list is Led Zeppelin. Fuck Led Zeppelin.

#3 is The Doors. Jim Morrison sucked balls(may he Rest In Peace).

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hear it in Neil Young, but IMO, the songs Neil Young and Waylon Jennings collaborated in are some of the more underrated cuts for both artists.

When it comes to rock and bluegrass, I'm mostly the same way, but there's a limit on the voice. I can't listen to Rush either.
I can't handle Rush either.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outlaw Country and Honky Tonk is by far my bread and butter, but I like a lot of rock too. Even like a lot of heavy metal and some punk. I guess I push Country so much because I'm the only one that does. You'd probably like some of it too.
Listened to the first two songs of Hank Williams III's "Straight To Hell" last night. The titular first track was just ok. I will admit that I did really like "Thrown Out of the Bar."

This is my first time seriously listening to country, so I assume there will be a learning curve. I don't know whether I'll like the album as a whole or not, but I do think that if one wants to be a true fan of music, you have to familiar with all genres. I'm going to try to finish it today.

At least country is a million times more accessible than death metal or something (at least for me).

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And let me clarify this comment first by saying I like Bob Dylan, but if that's the case, how do you like him?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listened to the first two songs of Hank Williams III's "Straight To Hell" last night. The titular first track was just ok. I will admit that I did really like "Thrown Out of the Bar."

This is my first time seriously listening to country, so I assume there will be a learning curve. I don't know whether I'll like the album as a whole or not, but I do think that if one wants to be a true fan of music, you have to familiar with all genres. I'm going to try to finish it today.

At least country is a million times more accessible than death metal or something (at least for me).

I didn't start you off with some old school honky tonk. Hank 3 is kind of a cross between Country and metal. In fact, half of each show is country, the other half metal.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't start you off with some old school honky tonk. Hank 3 is kind of a cross between Country and metal. In fact, half of each show is country, the other half metal.
He is a busy dude. Assjack, Arson Anthem and Superjoint Ritual are as heavy as they come.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are exceptions, but Dylan wrote some great songs, man.

He did. And this isn't a knock, because you know what I think about them, but he's a lot like Willie Nelson and Kris Kristofferson in the fact that they're great songwriters but don't have a great singing voice, which is part of what makes them so unique and why I like them so much.