• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players you would like to see get more Playing time

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok people time to list the players you think deserve or need more playing time.

I have a handful of players but i will list 2.

DE Clark- when he is in you see him all over the field, almost like there is more than just one of him lol

DT Hill- Between Mebane, Rubin and Hill he gets the least amount of playing time but in my eyes has the best upside. Mebane(30) and Rubin(29) are at the end of their careers Hill's(24) career has just started. Also between those 3 he is the best pass rusher of the group and strong against the run.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clark's had some injury issues this season so they may be easing him into it. Hill for sure though, he was providing a HUGE pass rush up the middle part of the line last year.

Didn't Hill get injured too at the end of last season though? I wonder if Seattle is easing him in as well this year.

God like the whole F'ing line went down last year by the end of the SBOWL. Think Bennett was all that was left? lol

Varnigus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeremy Lane and Paul Richardson
(I know, I know...but still...)

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeremy Lane and Paul Richardson
(I know, I know...but still...)

Both should be back for the second half stretch. The bye is coming at a good time. Next 3 games are at home, we get time to prep for the hardest in Arizona, SF is a hot mess, and no Bell for Pitts. Good chance we are 7-4 in 4 weeks.

Lane will help tremendously on D, this gives Wags time to heal up completely, more time for our OL, Richards to completely solidify his defense with everyone healthy, and more time for Wilson/Graham to get on the same page. Doesn't hurt Lynch gets a little more rest too.

Lockett/Richardson could be pretty dangerous in a 4 WR set as well. The speed those 2 bring. You can't double cover both of them.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one is easy. Russell Wilson. He's really fun to watch, and the more he plays, the better we do.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see more T. Lockett, he's going to be a stud. Looking forward to the day he takes Kearses starting job.

Agreed... Kearse just isn't consistent enough to warrant much playing time... Lockett should definitely be eating into more of his PT... When Richardson returns, I'd like to see Kearse be out of the picture entirely w/ Lockett and Richardson getting most, if not all his PT... I wouldn't be surprised to see Kearse released...

I also wish we could've kept DT, Kevin Williams... He was huge against the run for us last year...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stress enough how much I want Kearse to keep his playing time. I know people will look at me weird (especially since I graded him a C in my grades thread), but Kearse doesn't play just because he can catch a pass. Kearse is our Hines Ward - or at least half of a Hines Ward - he does all the dirty work better than every other WR out there. He is a much better blocker than anyone else, to the point that he's our most often used inline blocker at the WR position, and he does it about 6-10 times a game. Add in Daniels getting cut last week and Lockette IRed this week - there isn't any real room to start releasing guys.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stress enough how much I want Kearse to keep his playing time. I know people will look at me weird (especially since I graded him a C in my grades thread), but Kearse doesn't play just because he can catch a pass. Kearse is our Hines Ward - or at least half of a Hines Ward - he does all the dirty work better than every other WR out there. He is a much better blocker than anyone else, to the point that he's our most often used inline blocker at the WR position, and he does it about 6-10 times a game. Add in Daniels getting cut last week and Lockette IRed this week - there isn't any real room to start releasing guys.

The reason Kearse is still the starting WR is his blocking, but that just not a good enough reason to be the starter.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason Kearse is still the starting WR is his blocking, but that just not a good enough reason to be the starter.

That may be true - but he plays a different position than Lockett (I know people claim Baldwin is our slot, but it's been Lockett the last few weeks). The only remaining guy on the roster to take Keare's spot is Matthews.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it'seems because he'said a Husky but I like having Kearse on the team.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed... Kearse just isn't consistent enough to warrant much playing time... Lockett should definitely be eating into more of his PT... When Richardson returns, I'd like to see Kearse be out of the picture entirely w/ Lockett and Richardson getting most, if not all his PT... I wouldn't be surprised to see Kearse released...

I also wish we could've kept DT, Kevin Williams... He was huge against the run for us last year...
For whatever reason they let him walk cheap.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The reason he's still the starter is because our WR corp is pedestrian... With Lockett on the scene and with Richardson scheduled to return, we're going to see much better consistency and production from the receiver spot... He's going to get lost in the shuffle imo... Yeah, saying he'll get released may be a stretch but he shouldn't be getting more PT than Lockett...

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is he that good a blocker? Many a Percy Harvin bubble that was blown up featured Kearse missing or butchering a block ahead of him.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he that good a blocker? Many a Percy Harvin bubble that was blown up featured Kearse missing or butchering a block ahead of him.

I'd like to see the data on that - cause yes I have found one example of Kearse not completing a block for a Harvin screen, but have also found 3 of Baldwin missing the block and 2 of man-to-man coverage where there were more tacklers than blockers. Those are just the ones I've found pictures/gifs/videos of, but I wouldn't necessarily claim that Kearse was the reason Harvin wasn't successful.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see the data on that - cause yes I have found one example of Kearse not completing a block for a Harvin screen, but have also found 3 of Baldwin missing the block and 2 of man-to-man coverage where there were more tacklers than blockers. Those are just the ones I've found pictures/gifs/videos of, but I wouldn't necessarily claim that Kearse was the reason Harvin wasn't successful.

You know who was a beast for blocking as a WR? Lockette was, it's one of the reasons on running plays you would see Lockette lined up as the WR more often than not. I do hope he is ok and returns healthy as soon as he can. Dude just plays so physical out there and it get's him in trouble some times but there is no doubting his heart.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kearse is huge on 3rd downs or late game plays when you need chunks of yards. He shows up in clutch situations and when he can't catch it he's normally good at keeping the other team for getting it. Even when he's not the intended target, he can work pick plays and block with the best of them. He's willing to sacrifice himself to release the other receiver.

I don't have any issues with Lockett getting more downs, but he's nowhere near ready to put must have 3rd downs on his shoulders and he's not going to block like Kearse. You need them both IMO.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kearse is huge on 3rd downs or late game plays when you need chunks of yards. He shows up in clutch situations and when he can't catch it he's normally good at keeping the other team for getting it. Even when he's not the intended target, he can work pick plays and block with the best of them. He's willing to sacrifice himself to release the other receiver.

I don't have any issues with Lockett getting more downs, but he's nowhere near ready to put must have 3rd downs on his shoulders and he's not going to block like Kearse. You need them both IMO.

Not going to block like Kease? He all ready blocks BETTER than Kearse lol. Sucks that he is most likely out for the whole season. Also we were talking about blocking not what they do catching the ball even though Lockette does get over looked a LOT in the passing game. Go back a few weeks when Russell threw the INT in the endzone going to Baldwin and look who is Wide open at the 5 or 10 yard line, Lockette most likely scores a TD there if Wilson throws it to him and not Baldwin. Also the TD on the risky throw to Lockett look who is WIDE open at the 15-20 yard line no one even close to him at all. Dude is open a LOT, the all 22 is a god send. Lockette when he runs crossing routes he gets open 90% of the time as he outruns the guys guarding him.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to block like Kease? He all ready blocks BETTER than Kearse lol. Sucks that he is most likely out for the whole season. Also we were talking about blocking not what they do catching the ball even though Lockette does get over looked a LOT in the passing game. Go back a few weeks when Russell threw the INT in the endzone going to Baldwin and look who is Wide open at the 5 or 10 yard line, Lockette most likely scores a TD there if Wilson throws it to him and not Baldwin. Also the TD on the risky throw to Lockett look who is WIDE open at the 15-20 yard line no one even close to him at all. Dude is open a LOT, the all 22 is a god send. Lockette when he runs crossing routes he gets open 90% of the time as he outruns the guys guarding him.

Pretty sure he was talking about Tyler, not Ricardo.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't notice that was spelled LOCKETT not LOCKETTE. I would figure most Seahawks fans would know the difference.

Why on earth would anyone be talking about replacing Kearse with a guy we know is done for the year, and possibly worse, who was at best a journeymen receiver as it is?