• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Player will that will breakout/disappoint?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who ya guys thinking?

For me its hard to see Clarkson give us the same type of 30 goal production that he gave us last season. I dont think he's gonna be a complete bust this year but Im not expecting a huge number of goals again.

I am however expecting Larsson to put up some really solid stats...so many good young Dmen in the league right now its hard to believe he cant join those ranks.

Also really looking forward to see Bobby Butler. Im gonna guess he's got a good chance at playing time since Sykora aint coming back.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think clarkson elias zubrus zajac are all in contract years. So maybe big years from all them?

Clarkson is key he needs that 30 goal production again.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think Ted will disappoint. I hope I'm wrong because he will have every chance to succeed. I also think the devils style now fits his game. Agressive checking geared towards fast.

Jj if he can get a full year in should be beast. Would also really help claekson get the goal production.

Larrson I'm not worried about because I know d takes awhile to develop and i think he needs to mature body size more also.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm hoping Kovy will get to 25 goals since he has been practicing and is in good shape.

You're right that Clarkson needs to continue the pace but I just don't see him repeating. I'm expecting 8-10 goals for the season.

I hope Tedenby is good enough to finally stay in the NHL but I'm not too big on him and expect him to stay in the AHL. Likely the biggest disappointment for the Devils

Butler I'm hoping will breakout since he has been playing well in the AHL. hopefully he gets a spot on the top 6 and performs well. 10-12 goals for the season from him will be huge.

I don't know what to expect with the lockout with regards to older vets. The last lockout was a crapshoot with guys like palffy and mogilny turning to shit and guys like Selanne reviving their careers. If the older guys like Elias and Zubrus can have that extra burst from the extended rest. Overall it should be a positive though since they all had a long 2011-2012 season and shouldn't be tired from a finals hangover

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think that Teddy will be given a really good shot TBH. He's hot right now so maybe he can demand that time. He needs to be insulated though.

If Teds makes it I'd like to see a lineup like this:

Kovy-Zajac-Zubrus
Elias- AH- Tedenby
?? - JJ - Clarkson

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Tedenby will absolutely get a shot. With Sykora not re-signing and Henrique missing the start of the season there will be a spot for him. I have faith that he'll be productive.

I really see Larsson stepping up and possibly becoming our best defender by the end of the season.

I see Zids disappointing. I have a feeling that he will once again be responsible for a ton of odd man rushes and will not compensate for it with offensive production.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Tedenby will absolutely get a shot. With Sykora not re-signing and Henrique missing the start of the season there will be a spot for him. I have faith that he'll be productive.

I really see Larsson stepping up and possibly becoming our best defender by the end of the season.

I see Zids disappointing. I have a feeling that he will once again be responsible for a ton of odd man rushes and will not compensate for it with offensive production.

I actually missed Lou's quotes today re Sykora. I always operated under the assumption that Petr would be returning and because of that assumed that he and Butler would round our the top 9, meaning Teds wouldn't get that chance. Now that he's basically saying nicely Petr broke down last year, we're going young, Tedenby will probably get some time.

In fact Butler and Tedenby were both skating with out Top 2 centers coming out of camp (Zajac, and Elias respectively).

Lou said before last season that he thought Teds and JJ we're both ready to make the NA jump, and PDB did say that he and the coaching staff watched tape of every single Albany game this season. The coaching staff might have a read on what Tedenby can give the team.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Tedenby is a player I am rooting for. Always thought he had a lot of skill and the only things holding him back was confidence and strength.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if any are going to break out... :(

you know? fuck it, our 70 yr old Martin Brodeur!!!!!!!

disappoint? i'm calling Larsson.... :(

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
lol

stamkos imo is the only one who can do that.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Henrique is my bet to be a disappointment.

Look at how his stats declined throughout the season:

henriquestatscopy.jpg

Biggest surprise? I'm going to guess Clarkson continuing his level of production.

He was really, really consistent last season and that was playing with basically no line mates until late in the season.

Also, with Parise gone certain players are going to get way more PP time than before. That's good for Clarkson and Henrique who I believe had 0 PPG last season.

Last edited by a moderator:

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking Butler and Clarkson, for no other reason then I think Butler is going to take a lot of the mins Clarkson had last season