• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Player Predictions - 2024 Season

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta get something going on this forum during the "dead zone" of the season. So, give me your predictions for:

• Breakout player of the year (must be in year 2 or beyond):
  • Broncos rookie of the year:
  • Comeback player of the year:
  • MVP for the Broncos season:
  • Surprise player of the year (good or bad):

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My predictions:

• Breakout player of the year (must be in year 2 or beyond): Marvin Mims.
  • Broncos rookie of the year: Bo Nix
  • Comeback player of the year: Tim Patrick
  • MVP for the Broncos season: Javonte Williams
  • Surprise player of the year (good or bad): Lucas Krull (good)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Breakout player of the year (must be in year 2 or beyond): Riley Moss
  • Broncos rookie of the year: Bo NIx
  • Comeback player of the year: Tim PatrickK
  • MVP for the Broncos season: Bo NIx
  • Surprise player of the year (good or bad): The two J - Macs - Jaleel McLaughlin - and Ja'Quan McMillian. Two dawgs.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you both stole my breakout player. Mims my #1, Moss my #2

• Comeback player of the year: Javonte Williams
  • MVP for the Broncos season: Patrick Surtain II
  • Surprise player of the year (good or bad): GOOD. Damarri Mathis (Physically this kid has it all, IQ wise I think he takes a big step this year)
    ** Wanted to go with someone people are down on right now as a true "surprise". Not someone who has already surprised us.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you both stole my breakout player. Mims my #1, Moss my #2

• Comeback player of the year: Javonte Williams
  • MVP for the Broncos season: Patrick Surtain II
  • Surprise player of the year (good or bad): GOOD. Damarri Mathis (Physically this kid has it all, IQ wise I think he takes a big step this year)
    ** Wanted to go with someone people are down on right now as a true "surprise". Not someone who has already surprised us.
I think Mathis is a very good sneaky pick for this honor. Nice suggestion. From what I understand the Broncos want to play more man coverage - as teams just didn't run plays at where Surtain was going to be. Most of the games - Surtain was not on the #1 WR playing against the Bronco's D. #2 will spend more time following the top WR around - which means more man calls. Also - with more man the Broncos can devote more plays to the pass rush. Mathis is the physical kind of player that is nice to deploy in man coverage based on match-ups. .

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mathis is a very good sneaky pick for this honor. Nice suggestion. From what I understand the Broncos want to play more man coverage - as teams just didn't run plays at where Surtain was going to be. Most of the games - Surtain was not on the #1 WR playing against the Bronco's D. #2 will spend more time following the top WR around - which means more man calls. Also - with more man the Broncos can devote more plays to the pass rush. Mathis is the physical kind of player that is nice to deploy in man coverage based on match-ups. .

Physically Mathis has everything you want in an NFL CB...

IMO, his football IQ is lacking and going into year 3 and his second year with Sean Payton I am really eager to see if he can improve on that. I think he grows a lot this year in terms of football IQ. Going to be a critical camp for him.

As you know I am also high on Riley Moss and then we have a guy like Levi Wallace as a dependable CB. Mathis would be a huge bonus to this secondary this coming season if you can play up to his level. We saw it later on in his rookie year and then he played more like a rookie last year.