• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Play In Game 1 - UK vs Mookie

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair points

I guess for me the better point was the one I made after

Look at the squad Iverson had at 29-22 in the strike year

There isn't a Walt Bellamy on that team
Fair too, but Cotton wasn't exactly Larry Brown either. I think Pete was before his time. Put his skills in today's game and he's a 30 point 10 assist a night guy. Before you say no, take a look at Larry Birds stats from that era and then take a look at what Luka is hanging every night in today's game. To me, saying Wade is two tiers better than Pete is like saying Luka is better than Bird because his stats are better. I saw them both play, love Luka, but no lol

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair too, but Cotton wasn't exactly Larry Brown either. I think Pete was before his time. Put his skills in today's game and he's a 30 point 10 assist a night guy. Before you say no, take a look at Larry Birds stats from that era and then take a look at what Luka is hanging every night in today's game. To me, saying Wade is two tiers better than Pete is like saying Luka is better than Bird because his stats are better. I saw them both play, love Luka, but no lol

Pete would've definitely thrived in today's game no argument there

And no I agree on hard stats being tough era to era and used Bird as an example myself

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly this is kind of a pointless conversation, Pete is better than you guys think period. You gotta understand what was going on when he went to Atlanta, this was a team of veteran black players making $60,000 a year and in comes this skinny white boy who's gonna make a million dollars, they resented him immediately. Atlanta was a just a horrible situation for him, had he gone to the Celtics there would be people who would say he's in that tier with Kobe. This is nothing but a generational argument, he gets almost no love from the under 40 crowd because they don't really know anything about him other than he was called Pistol. The over 40 somethings and former players and coaches will tell you he was simply magical with the ball in his hands. So in the end who gives a fuck what my tiers are, players from the 60's and 70's get no love from some of our group and I will never understand it.

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly this is kind of a pointless conversation, Pete is better than you guys think period. You gotta understand what was going on when he went to Atlanta, this was a team of veteran black players making $60,000 a year and in comes this skinny white boy who's gonna make a million dollars, they resented him immediately. Atlanta was a just a horrible situation for him, had he gone to the Celtics there would be people who would say he's in that tier with Kobe. This is nothing but a generational argument, he gets almost no love from the under 40 crowd because they don't really know anything about him other than he was called Pistol. The over 40 somethings and former players and coaches will tell you he was simply magical with the ball in his hands. So in the end who gives a fuck what my tiers are, players from the 60's and 70's get no love from some of our group and I will never understand it.
Why so hot? I like to see what other peoples tiers are. Im over 40 and feel have a solid appreciation of Pete, value him appropriately and Im a huge fan of the history of basketball in general. I do agree the conversation is pointless tho.

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said my tiers were nuts (after saying you obviously respect my opinion lol). Pretty standard response to ask what yours were imo. Everyone sees things differently who really cares about any of this stuff?

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three... lolzzz

3 - DWade/West
4 - Drexler/Iverson
5 - Allen/Miller/Gervin
6 - TMac/Pistol
Yeah i noticed that after I made them lol. Oops

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why so hot? I like to see what other peoples tiers are. Im over 40 and feel have a solid appreciation of Pete, value him appropriately and Im a huge fan of the history of basketball in general. I do agree the conversation is pointless tho.

Who said I was hot? I just get a little tired of players from yesteryear getting no love, IMO you don't value him appropriately but if we all agreed on everything life would be boring.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kind of why we do this though right?

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said I was hot? I just get a little tired of players from yesteryear getting no love, IMO you don't value him appropriately but if we all agreed on everything life would be boring.
sorry it just appeared that when you started dropping f bombs in a friendly convo. My apologies for misinterpreting

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey I had an entire Knicks lineup damn near lol

To me mid sixties beyond the hoops is equivalent. Oscar always gets a nod from me and a couple other guys that were sightly before. I do think Russell is overrated

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said my tiers were nuts (after saying you obviously respect my opinion lol). Pretty standard response to ask what yours were imo. Everyone sees things differently who really cares about any of this stuff?

Nope, I didn't say anything about your tiers I simply think it's nuts you have Pete in the same tier as McGrady. But in conclusion I am not hot at all, just amazed at the lack of love for the older players and not just in hoops in every sport but that honestly is what makes the drafts fun for me is the difference of opinions. :suds: it's not to early for a beer is it?

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, I didn't say anything about your tiers I simply think it's nuts you have Pete in the same tier as McGrady. But in conclusion I am not hot at all, just amazed at the lack of love for the older players and not just in hoops in every sport but that honestly is what makes the drafts fun for me is the difference of opinions. :suds: it's not to early for a beer is it?
I mean in all honesty I don't have Pistol in T-Mac's tier but I didn't want to seem mean to Pete haha. Guess that didn't work. Never too early for a brewski!

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think Russell is overrated

Absolutely agree, great player but not nearly the legend some think he was, kinda like Elway. Sorry, I just love taking a shot at Femur even when he's not around! lolzzz

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely agree, great player but not nearly the legend some think he was, kinda like Elway. Sorry, I just love taking a shot at Femur even when he's not around! lolzzz
he deserves every bit of it for how he treats my big board. Guy is obviously a computer hacker