• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Pittsburgh Penguins Vs LA Kings Jan 30, 2014

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only the Kings could have two players commit separate penalties against the same player on same play.

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings slowly sinking out of the playoffs. What a disaster.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid freaking penalties

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm done of watching the Sutter's "I'm the coach and even though my ideas have failed, I'm stickin' with them" tour...

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to play taps before next home game game instead of anthem because season is dead... dead.. dead

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to play taps before next home game game instead of anthem because season is dead... dead.. dead

Unless something happens here and real soon, the Kings are not even going to qualify for the playoffs. This team we are seeing is horrid.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's official we are the most pathetic team in the NHL, no heart, pride, passion, valor, dignity, honor, discipline, skill, desire, commitment, none of that, what a JOKE!!!

We suck balls on so many levels, dismantle this team ASAP, get rid of these bums & rebuild. :gaah:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game King fans. I'll admit the refs sort of tilted things in our favor early on. Good luck to you guys against the Flyers.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game King fans. I'll admit the refs sort of tilted things in our favor early on. Good luck to you guys against the Flyers.

Regardless of the calls, the Penguins absolutely manhandled LA. They dominated and were clearly the better team by far. They played phenomenal hockey, the Kings would have really needed to be on their A game to have a shot and they have been nowhere near that for almost 2 months now.

There is a massive disconnect on the team and I fully believe it's time to move some players. Not for the sake of trading them, but because their time in LA is done and some new blood needs to be brought in.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of the calls, the Penguins absolutely manhandled LA. They dominated and were clearly the better team by far. They played phenomenal hockey, the Kings would have really needed to be on their A game to have a shot and they have been nowhere near that for almost 2 months now.

There is a massive disconnect on the team and I fully believe it's time to move some players. Not for the sake of trading them, but because their time in LA is done and some new blood needs to be brought in.

They're having a lot of success this year on the farm. Guys like Vey, Weal, Deslauriers, & Pearson should get a shot to see what they could offer. If they don't offer a quick fix perhaps they could bring in someone who can?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a tough game to watch for sure. I just had it on mute so I wouldn't lose my mind.

As far as being time for a change, I was talking to my buddy and we agreed that if they move anyone, whoever it is, it is going to stink because I am a fan of all of these guys because of the cup run and how they have transformed LA into a cosistent contender. However, this is too large of a sample size to not see that a change is needed and that the Kings are digressing in a big way. No major injuries to speak of, just complete lack of execution and heart (I believe that they care and want to win, but I don't believe they have that fire like they NEED to win. Kelly Chase always says it on NHL Network: "It's hard to eat when your belly is full").

My vote would be to really sit Sutter down and tell him that his stubborness has worn thin and that he needs to make concrete changes to increase the effort or he is going to be let go. The old lines of "We don't get too high or too low and try to take it one shift at a time" are clearly not working and maybe it is time to ride out the low and let it anger the team enough to do something about it.

This rut is exactly like when Sutter was hired in 2011-2012 and the Kings went on a 3 game road trip where they scored maybe 1 goal during the whole trip. You knew a trade was coming after that trip and sure enough, JMFJ was moved. It feels like that right now.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what I'm talking about. Kings were attrocious in February of 2012, even after getting Sutter in the previous December, and this prompted the trade for Carter. Back to back shutouts to Phoenix and Calgary, a shootout win in Phoenix, and then scored one goal against Colorado on February 22nd. Jack Johnson was traded the next day on February 23rd, 2012.

February 16: Phoenix Coyotes 1–0 Los Angeles Kings.
February 18: Calgary Flames 1–0 Los Angeles Kings.
February 21: Los Angeles Kings 4–5 Phoenix Coyotes;
February 22: Los Angeles Kings 1–4 Colorado Avalanche.

Trade article:

Jeff Carter traded to Kings for Jack Johnson, No. 1 pick ? USATODAY.com

Wikipedia page of Kings schedule for 2011-2012. You can open up February and see how many games were lost that month. 2-2 at home and 3-5-2 on the road.

2011?12 Los Angeles Kings season - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by a moderator: