• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pitt panthers interested in 49ers DL coach Jim tomsula

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/?p=8037&preview=true

A source said that 49ers defensive line coach Jim Tomsula either will interview or already has interviewed for the job as the University of Pittsburgh’s head coach. Former coach Todd Graham left five days ago to take the job at Arizona State, after former 49ers coach Dennis Erickson was fired at ASU.
Tomsula replaced the fired Mike Singletary last year for the season finale in St. Louis. Tomsula is also highly regarded by the 49ers and his players. 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said players and coaches try to get on bus three while going to the airport. That’s the bus Tomsula always sits on, and players and coaches feed off his energy and humor.
Tomsula would appear to be a perfect fit for Pitt. He has a tremendous record as a coach, including developing the 49ers front seven, which might be the best in the NFL. Before coming to the 49ers in 2007, Tomsula, 43, was a successful head coach in NFL Europa before the league folded.
Part of his coaching career was spent at his alma mater, Catawba College in North Carolina. He began there as a volunteer defensive line coach in 1997. He also worked part-time as a carpeting salesman and lived out of his car for part of the time while coaching at Catawba.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a huge loss to the team if the 49ers lose Tomsula, but if anyone truly deserves something like this, its Tomsula. Tomsula being the only hold over that Harbaugh kept from the Nolan/Singletary debacle only further proves that he is a quality coach & human being.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn this would suck! The players and I included love Tomsula.

But this is pretty much inevitable, the solid D-line play along with his head coaching experience and great personality will easily make him a hot commodity to any team.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Good for Jim. Doobie couldn't have said it better. It will suck for the Niners, but if he gets it, I'll be really happy for him and find myself rooting for Pitt.

Of course, some may feel it will be good to get rid of him so the DL can finally reach it's potential, right Mozart?

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be very sad to see him go, he is one of my favorite coaches. He deserves the opportunity, I hope he decided to stick around though.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
crying-indian.gif

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be very sad to see him go, he is one of my favorite coaches. He deserves the opportunity, I hope he decided to stick around though.

My feelings too. He's a very likeable coach, and I'd be disappointed that the 49ers lost him... not disappointed that he advanced in his profession.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The panthers would have to wait until the season is over to talk to him anyways but if anyone deserves the job.It's Tomsula he done one hell of a job as are DL coach and interim coach last season

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The panthers would have to wait until the season is over to talk to him anyways but if anyone deserves the job.It's Tomsula he done one hell of a job as are DL coach and interim coach last season

Agreed! ...and he has shown he is great with players as well. I hope we don't lose him (I hope we don't lose any of our coaches) but if the rumors are true and he wants to take his shot - then so-long & best wishes, Jim!

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He coached the finale against the Cardinals at Home, not away in St Louis.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pitt signed a coach so we are safe. I think they took the OC from Wisconsin.

Sad for Jim if he wanted the gig, but great for us! Keeping (y)our coaches is important to winning and winning championships.

Great News, Tall - Thanks for posting!!