• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pitching lineup for World Series

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Leyland had this to say on sunday about the pitching order for the World Series, regardless of whether they face S.F. or St. Louis..

"There's no secret to my rotation. My rotation is going to be [Justin] Verlander, [Doug] Fister, [Anibal] Sanchez and [Max] Scherzer," Leyland said. "There's no secret to that, unless they're scouting this simulated game."

It's the same order the Tigers used in their American League Division Series against Oakland, and a similar setup to what they used in the AL Championship Series to watch the innings on Scherzer after his shoulder scare last month. Once again, Scherzer would be the only one of the four guaranteed not to get a second start.

Fister, Sanchez, Scherzer to follow Verlander | tigers.com: News

The Tigers played a simulated 5-inning game on Sunday. Some players from the Instructional League were flown in to provide a little competition. No umpires were used. Instead, the catchers called balls and strikes. A Monday scrimmage, also closed to the public, was also played at noon. Some innings did not use all three outs, depending on the pitch count of the particular pitcher.

In 2006 there were no such games. The Tigers waited almost a week between the ALCS and the WS that year and lost to the Cardinals in 5 games.

Said Leyland, “They know they need to see some speed pitching,” he said. “Some guys are throwing in game conditions. You sit four or five days and all of a sudden the speed of the game catches up with you and before you know it a short series can be over. I think they’re doing it business-like. I won’t say they’re all giddy about it, but they’re doing it business-like and that’s the purpose of it.”

Modhnoiri

An mbeidh ár Lá Tar!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best of luck in the series boys. It looks to be a pretty good one.