• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PIT @ NYI Madness

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Colorectal Campbell was probably like a kid in a candy store when reviewing all of the incidents from the game. 346 PIM's is the second-most since 2000-2001. The only game with more in the last 10 years was Ottawa at Philadelphia on 3/5/04 with an NHL record 419 PIM's.

Ottawa Senators vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Boxscore - March 05, 2004 - ESPN

Ottawa Senators vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Recap - March 05, 2004 - ESPN

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorectal Campbell was probably like a kid in a candy store when reviewing all of the incidents from the game. 346 PIM's is the second-most since 2000-2001. The only game with more in the last 10 years was Ottawa at Philadelphia on 3/5/04 with an NHL record 419 PIM's.

Ottawa Senators vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Boxscore - March 05, 2004 - ESPN

Ottawa Senators vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Recap - March 05, 2004 - ESPN

Interesting (and kind of sad) that was the same day Sturm broke his leg against the Avs and was lost for the rest of the 04 season. I wonder if he wouldda made any difference against Calgary.

prnlijo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You guys think this will all be forgotten by April? April 8th rematch. Should be fun.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved that game!! Sorry I am old school and remember the old Broad Street Bullies and some of the epic brawls when Calgary/Edmonton met in the 80's playoffs, same with Montreal/Quebec. Montreal/Quebec had some epic playoff brawl in '84 I think. Those were wars. No one hates each other anymore. Just one man's opinion, but I would like to see a few more games like that occasionally with the fighting (not the head shots though), but the politically correct Colin Campbell will have none of it anymore.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting (and kind of sad) that was the same day Sturm broke his leg against the Avs and was lost for the rest of the 04 season. I wonder if he wouldda made any difference against Calgary.

That was from Adam Foote in an ugly loss in Colorado. Maybe the Calgary series would've gone differently.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved that game!! Sorry I am old school and remember the old Broad Street Bullies and some of the epic brawls when Calgary/Edmonton met in the 80's playoffs, same with Montreal/Quebec. Montreal/Quebec had some epic playoff brawl in '84 I think. Those were wars. No one hates each other anymore. Just one man's opinion, but I would like to see a few more games like that occasionally with the fighting (not the head shots though), but the politically correct Colin Campbell will have none of it anymore.

We will see less of it because the Campbell/Bettman regime wants to let the league go soft. You don't want to see deliberate head shots and concussions, but it seems like the NHL wants to decrease the hitting and physical play.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Nabby wants to play for those thugs now? I bet he stays home with 0% chance he changes his mind to play for the Islanders

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Best game Ive watched in recent memory... Sorry, but like mentioned above I love HOCKEY as HOCKEY, the brutal mans sport it originally was, not the sally pants soft shit it has become... When your scorer was also physical (minus gretz)... Another reason I like Ovech over Crosby... Vech is a nutty MOFO... People dont seem to like what Haley did in the game, but me personally I loved it, hey you KOd my goalie? Ima male the most of my call up and go after you, right after I finish beating up this guy Im with right now, and Im also gonna score a goal on you... Team brotherhood... Would that ever happen in SJ?? HELLL naw... Prob the only time thats ever happened was when Johnson broke Nazarovs face...