• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pierre Turgeon's daughter killed in N.M. crash

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad news, Condolences to the Turgeon family RIP young lady.

VAUGHN, N.M. -- New Mexico State Police say the 18-year-old daughter of former NHL center Pierre Turgeon was killed when the pickup truck she was driving crashed into the trailer of a semi-truck at an intersection.

Police say Elizabeth Turgeon of Cherry Hill Village, Colo., died at the scene about 100 miles east of Albuquerque early Thursday. Lt. Eric Garcia confirmed Sunday that the teen was the former NHL player's daughter.

A passenger in the pickup was transported to University of New Mexico Hospital with life-threatening injuries.

Turgeon's father played 19 seasons with Buffalo, the New York Islanders, Montreal, St. Louis, Dallas and Colorado, scoring 515 goals with 812 assists in 1,294 games.

Police: Turgeon's daughter killed in N.M. crash - NHL - CBSSports.com Hockey

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this as well, Boss. Sad indeed.:(

I can relate to this a close friend/co worker of mine lost his son at 18yo. He was driving a car in Buffalo drunk with three other teen's in the car, two boy's two girl's. I went to all of the wake's and it was a day I will never ever forget. I tried to console my friend and didn't know what to say.

We stood there then we hugged and he said said "Steve, don't say anything, just hug your two wonderful son's when you get home and tell them you love them" Me and my wife left there in tears. My friend his wife and daughter were just sobbing.

Needless to say when we got home me and my wife just grabbed our son's kissed them and gave them a tearful hug. I learned from that incident big time. You just never know what the next day will bring.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had this on here in Denver the other night and I was gonna post it but forgot. Sad incident, good job pickin up the slack Boss...

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had this on here in Denver the other night and I was gonna post it but forgot. Sad incident, good job pickin up the slack Boss...

Oh I see it was early Thursday. I checked the board to see if it was posted and didn't see anything and was looking for a date at the top of the story but didn't notice any.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
tragic news indeed.
makes you appreciate what you have.

I'm playing Battleship with my kid as we speak.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really sad, far too young.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really tragic at anytime, but really tough around the holidays. I was reading a story earlier today about a family from Edmonton who was involved in a terrible car accident on Christmas Eve. The only survivor was a 8 month old girl (unfortunately, her mother, her father and an aunt perished in the accident).

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really tragic at anytime, but really tough around the holidays. I was reading a story earlier today about a family from Edmonton who was involved in a terrible car accident on Christmas Eve. The only survivor was a 8 month old girl (unfortunately, her mother, her father and an aunt perished in the accident).

That is really sad dash.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would it be too soon to make a joke about Dale Hunter being the driver of the semi?

Seriously, that's really sad.