• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick the Podium: IndyCar - Long Beach

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be a bit late catching the qualifications broadcast today, so go ahead and post your picks whenever & I'll put mine in later on tonight.

I will also not be able to watch the race live (overtime at work), so I'll tape it and watch Mon. morning before posting our results.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter-Reay just screwed the pooch and gave away a race he had won by trying to squeeze into between Newgarden and the wall. Took out Hinchcliffe as well and a boatload of other cars to hand the race to Will Power. That sucked!!

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
listening to some of the post race stuff, & a video shot of two drivers in each others face. I guess I might want to see the highlights of this race.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty stupid moves on both driver's part. Hunter-Reay had such a dominant car, all he had to do is wait one more turn and he could have easily passed Newgarden like he was standing still. Newgarden should have yielded as well and they never would have touched and caused such as huge accident. Andretti was totally pissed at Hunter-Reay so much he couldn't talk to the pit reporter. Just plain bone-headed.

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that one certainly didn't help either of our contest tallies (of course, it didn't exactly hurt them either!). :rollseyes:

Good race throughout. While the 'big one' can be written off as a pure "that's racing" incident, if I were to assess blame, I'd have to give it to Hunter-Reay, as he should have respected that Newgarden had cold tires, & therefore a lot less grip/control.

Was praying for my man Dixon to pull it out, but I knew that he was likely low on go juice.

Anyways, great result for Conway and Ed Carpenter Racing. :clap:

So, we both got blanked, leaving us tied with a whopping 1 point each after two events! :gaah:

Next Up: Barber Motorsports Park, in two weeks.

STILL PLENTY OF TIME for anyone else to join in this contest & be a contender. :)

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Piss me off Indy. I had at least two of the three correct and at one point early on, I had all three in order. But first Pagenaud got taken out in a wreck and then Hinchcliffe and Hunter-Reay in the big one. And yes, I put the majority of the blame on Hunter-Reay. He knows better being a former champion.