• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick The Podium: F1 - Melbourne

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to go ahead & start this thread now, because I'm not staying up for qualifying - & I'm going to have a rather hectic weekend, with lots of driving involved. I very likely will have to tape the GP and watch it later (probably late Sunday or early Monday), so I doubt that I'll get everyone's results posted until sometime on Monday.

I'll get my picks posted mid-day Sat.

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turned on the TV to set the record function & caught the qualy recap: OUT-FREAKIN'-STANDING JOB, DANIEL!! :suds:

Also; a tip of the hat to my STR boys for a solid qualy effort. :)

My picks:

Hamilton
Rosberg
Riccardo

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What. A. Race! :suds:

You have to wonder if, after what happened to their teammates, Rosberg & Riccardo were hearing every last little noise that their cars were making & thinking; "This thing is about to break down on me!"

Awesome drives by Kevin Magnussen & Valteri Bottas: Great to see McLaren and Williams appear to get back "on form" after both suffered through such dismal 2013 campaigns. :clap:

**** BREAKING NEWS ****

At least as of the moment, Daniel Riccardo's 2nd place finish has been disallowed by the FIA for an alleged technical regulations violation. Red Bull Racing is appealing the decision, so the potential exists that his podium finish may yet be re-instated.

abcnews.go.com

For the moment, however, here's how we did:

IndyAndy*, Retroram52 & lakersrule: 1 point each, for getting Rosberg on the podium, but out of position.

* If Riccardo's 2nd place is re-instated, I will pick up another point.

NEXT UP: Malaysia, on the weekend of March 29/30. :)

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't see the race but happy to see the guy I root for go from outside the top ten starting spot to a podium finish (for now)

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that article Indy. Well WTH did they expect? It is afterall a six cylinder that is turbocharged. You take away anywhere from two to six (under the old system) cylinders, you are going to have alot less noise for cryin' out loud! Some of these people who are supposed to be technological wizards should check their reasoning occasionally.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron Walker, said after Sunday's season-opener that he was not happy with the reduced decibels and Formula One was "clearly in breach of contract".

I can't believe there was an actual breach of contract. I'm surprised that it is such a big deal. Many wear ear plugs because of the noise. Maybe they should just install those silly loud mufflers like the all fools do on their Honda Civics. :laugh3:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping for a much better result for Hamilton. Hopefully they get things right for Malaysia.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your first post lakersrule. Bitchin' about the noise when everyone wears earplugs and making that the issue is like pissin at a beer party. WTH??!!