• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick the Podium - F-1 - Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix, Sakhir, Bahrain, March 2021

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the chances they replace him during the year?
Or will they just stick with him. I mean I cant see Haas landing a top notch driver.

Haas stuck with 2 shitheels the last couple of years. Nowhere to go unless they try Hulkenberg? They need somebody desperate to drive in F1 because driving for Haas all you get is a participation ribbon.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haas stuck with 2 shitheels the last couple of years. Nowhere to go unless they try Hulkenberg? They need somebody desperate to drive in F1 because driving for Haas all you get is a participation ribbon.
kinda how I think.
Good drivers will avoid Haas for it will make them look bad, bringing their stock down. Which makes me think is why they went with two rookies.
Is there any decent drivers that would dare take a Haas ride?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kinda how I think.
Good drivers will avoid Haas for it will make them look bad, bringing their stock down. Which makes me think is why they went with two rookies.
Is there any decent drivers that would dare take a Haas ride?
Schumi Jr was an OK choice. But the Russian was ill advised.

Albon or Hulkenberg. That's about it. Kvyatt?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schumi Jr was an OK choice. But the Russian was ill advised.

Albon or Hulkenberg. That's about it. Kvyatt?
yeah I understood Schumi as he was a move for sponsorship. but you would have thought the other driver would have been a driver of some exp.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haas is such a shitshow. Putting rookies in such awful cars may prove to be dangerous to the rest of the field. Manzepin was constantly spinning the car in practice and even in qualifying, then didn’t make it half a lap. He’s going to take guys out in races.
Does Kvyatt have any financial backing behind him? If they’re going with 3rd tier drivers, they may as well get someone with some $$ with their name. Mick has to be short-lived there. My head went to Kvyatt or Albon, as either may not get another chance. Hulk has nothing to prove and really nothing to gain, bc it’s not like Haas would even pay him well

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great driver, great car, great team.

You need all 3.

Great race.
Congrats on the win. Toto was extra pumped after this one. It’s been a long time since Merc had to win a race without the best crab, and it looked like that wasn’t lost on him at all

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on the win. Toto was extra pumped after this one. It’s been a long time since Merc had to win a race without the best crab, and it looked like that wasn’t lost on him at all

10 laps more on tires to boot.

Right up there with any win he's had. Like in Turkey last year where he started 6th, 5 seconds off pole time on a track nobody had a clue about that was greasy and wet as fuck.

And he won on bald inters by 30 seconds over Perez in the 2 spot. Max was spinning like a pinwheel.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The final results has Hamilton taking the season opener followed by Verstappen, Bottas, and Norris

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's How We Did:

ckhokie:
0 points-Skunked
forty_three: 12 points-Correctly selected Hamilton for the win; Verstappen for second; Bottas for third
Hank Kingsley: 10 points-Correctly selected Hamilton for the win; Verstappen for second
Retroram52: 12 points-Correctly selected Hamilton for the win; Verstappen for second; Bottas for third
Schmoopy1000: 0 points-Skunked

2021 Season totals:

ckhokie:
0 points
forty_three: 12 points
Hank Kingsley: 10 points
Retroram52: 12 points
Schmoopy1000: 0 points

Next Race: April 16-18, 2021, Italy

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn fine run by Norris. The team has a lot of driver talent.

Alonso was feisty until he broke. Perez was 3rd place strong. Bottas was already taking one for the team before his long stop.

I like the looks of the season.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win by Hamilton as he continues to be the master at keeping his team and race car secrets close to the vest and leading all inquiries down wild goose chases.

We are off to a brisk pace here on this competition. Hope to see everyone continue onward. The next race is in three weeks, See everyone then.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's How We Did:

ckhokie:
0 points-Skunked
forty_three: 12 points-Correctly selected Hamilton for the win; Verstappen for second; Bottas for third
Hank Kingsley: 10 points-Correctly selected Hamilton for the win; Verstappen for second
Retroram52: 12 points-Correctly selected Hamilton for the win; Verstappen for second; Bottas for third
Schmoopy1000: 0 points-Skunked

2021 Season totals:

ckhokie:
0 points
forty_three: 12 points
Hank Kingsley: 10 points
Retroram52: 12 points
Schmoopy1000: 0 points

Next Race: April 16-18, 2021, Italy

3 weeks for AMG to sharpen their pencils.

Got one on smartz, horseshoes and Lewis.

Germans are good at problems.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perez was 3rd place strong.
He was. If his car doesn’t die on the out lap, Merc may not be able to drive strategy, and it’s a completely different podium. Refreshing to have some drama at the top

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the chances they replace him during the year?
Or will they just stick with him. I mean I cant see Haas landing a top notch driver.
The only way they will replace him is if he makes enough stupid moves to get a race (or longer) ban. He was one penalty point away from getting a couple race ban in F2, but the points/warnings got wiped when he moved up to F1. Because of stuff like this - throwing a tantrum when it was clear he wasn't winning:

His Daddy's money is not only the only reason he's in F1, but it's the only reason Haas even made it to the grid this year. They made it clear they wouldn't punish him when he posted the video grabbing that woman in the car on Instagram and they did nothing.
Damn fine run by Norris. The team has a lot of driver talent.

Alonso was feisty until he broke. Perez was 3rd place strong. Bottas was already taking one for the team before his long stop.

I like the looks of the season.
Danny doesn't look like he trusts the car yet, but when he does, look out. I hope for his sake, that McLaren hired whoever made the Red Bull so good under braking. It certainly has the power with the Merc engine in it.

I fully expect Lewis to win his 8th. But maybe Mercedes isn't going to get the 9th. It really looks like Red Bull is strong enough to take the constructor's championship. Perez should have been on the podium.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way they will replace him is if he makes enough stupid moves to get a race (or longer) ban. He was one penalty point away from getting a couple race ban in F2, but the points/warnings got wiped when he moved up to F1. Because of stuff like this - throwing a tantrum when it was clear he wasn't winning:

His Daddy's money is not only the only reason he's in F1, but it's the only reason Haas even made it to the grid this year. They made it clear they wouldn't punish him when he posted the video grabbing that woman in the car on Instagram and they did nothing.

Danny doesn't look like he trusts the car yet, but when he does, look out. I hope for his sake, that McLaren hired whoever made the Red Bull so good under braking. It certainly has the power with the Merc engine in it.

I fully expect Lewis to win his 8th. But maybe Mercedes isn't going to get the 9th. It really looks like Red Bull is strong enough to take the constructor's championship. Perez should have been on the podium.
I havent followed F1 as much, but dont they take that kind of blocking seriously. Seems like I have seen way less where someone goes under investigation.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I havent followed F1 as much, but dont they take that kind of blocking seriously. Seems like I have seen way less where someone goes under investigation.

Supposedly, one move. And not in a braking zone.

One move can go all the way across the track but you can't block back the other directions afterwards.