• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick 6 Keepers

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Locks: Kershaw, Cano, Posey, Jose Fernandez

Other options: Wil Myers, Cespedes, Yadier Molina, Cliff Lee

I'm leaning towards going Kershaw, Cano, Posey, Fernandez, Myers, Cespedes since that group has the most potential. But I'm considering Molina or Lee over Myers/Cespedes

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is close.

I would not consider Molina at all. He is getting older and there are too many good catchers.

The decision comes down to Lee vs. Cespedes for me. Myers is in for sure.

Lee is a very safe pick who will help you a lot for the next 2, maybe 3 years. Cespedes may or may not live up to his potential, but he certainly has more long term appeal. I don't think he will ever be a super-elite fantasy star, so I lean toward the guy who will help you more this season. That is Lee.

By the time you are ready to move on from Lee, hopefully you have added another up and comer even better than Cespedes.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, no reason to keep 2 Cs when you have Posey.

That being said though, you may want to shop Posey around. He will likely move off the C postion in 2015. Trading him now allows you to maximize his value.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is close.

I would not consider Molina at all. He is getting older and there are too many good catchers.

Lee is a very safe pick who will help you a lot for the next 2, maybe 3 years. Cespedes may or may not live up to his potential, but he certainly has more long term appeal. I don't think he will ever be a super-elite fantasy star, so I lean toward the guy who will help you more this season. That is Lee.

By the time you are ready to move on from Lee, hopefully you have added another up and comer even better than Cespedes.

Beat me to it. I agree that Lee has a couple to a few good years left. His wins weren't there in '12, but he's always gonna have a solid wHIP and ERA and he's becoming more and more of a strikeout pitcher as his years go on…odd. I do like Yoenis, but I like Lee and what he ALREADY brings to the table. You can find an OF replacement of Yoenis' production pretty easily elsewhere.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: with Tlance and Micro. Cespedes scares me anyway. I can't shake this feeling that he will turn out to be what some predict for Yasiel Puig.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here, Myers is a must and Lee fits your "needs" for the immediate.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the input. I'm leaning towards Kershaw, Lee, Fernandez, Cano, Posey and Myers for now. Trying to trade Cespedes and Molina for pick upgrades.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is close.

:agree:Nothing to add here.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C- Posey
2B- Cano
OF- Myers/Rios/Cespedes

SP's- Lee, Kershaw & Fernandez

Not even considering Yadier anymore.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C- Posey
2B- Cano
OF- Myers/Rios/Cespedes

SP's- Lee, Kershaw & Fernandez

Not even considering Yadier anymore.

Rios is better than Cespedes for sure and pretty comparable in value to Lee.

This comes down to format and starting requirements for me. Normally I would favor the hitter over the pitcher, but if you only start 3 OFs, then I take Lee. If you start 4 OF or more than I take Rios given what you already have.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is close.

agree

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rios is better than Cespedes for sure and pretty comparable in value to Lee.

This comes down to format and starting requirements for me. Normally I would favor the hitter over the pitcher, but if you only start 3 OFs, then I take Lee. If you start 4 OF or more than I take Rios given what you already have.

I like Rios better than Cespedes as well. I think Cano, Rios, Myers, Kershaw and Fernandez are the locks and it comes down to Lee vs Posey with Cespedes out of the picture. If it's a 12 team league you should be able to get a very good catcher if you let Posey go, especially considering the fact you're letting Molina go. If it's 14 teams or more (or a 2 catcher league) I'd keep Posey over Lee.

I don't normally recommend keeping 3 pitchers, but not many guys have 3 pitchers like that on their staff.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Rios better than Cespedes as well. I think Cano, Rios, Myers, Kershaw and Fernandez are the locks and it comes down to Lee vs Posey with Cespedes out of the picture. If it's a 12 team league you should be able to get a very good catcher if you let Posey go, especially considering the fact you're letting Molina go. If it's 14 teams or more (or a 2 catcher league) I'd keep Posey over Lee.

I don't normally recommend keeping 3 pitchers, but not many guys have 3 pitchers like that on their staff.

That is certainly another possibility Jim.

Dropping Posey would not be bad idea because he likely only has 2 seasons of C eligibility left. He may follow Mauer and Santana's lead next season and play a CI spot.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is certainly another possibility Jim.

Dropping Posey would not be bad idea because he likely only has 2 seasons of C eligibility left. He may follow Mauer and Santana's lead next season and play a CI spot.

This is funny to me. Anytime I am this late to get a chance to chime in on stuff like this in this particular area of SportsHoopla, I am usually left with pretty much the same option as an answer.

:agree:

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you want to drop Posey? huh.....if its a 12 team league, you can get a pitcher closer to Lee than a catcher closer to Posey....your nuts if you drop Posey...nice to have the top pitcher, top catcher, top 2b, top "rookies"