• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick 40 Courtland Sutton

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like this pick - even though - I would have gone defense. Sutton figures to help in the slot and be a giant help on red zone and 1st down gotta have 'em plays. Good value here. Maybe the round 2 curse is over. ;)

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping that WR would wait until one of our third round picks. But he’s a good player, so I won’t go all OZ on him. ;)

Hoping he becomes a fantastic player.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will admit I’m not familiar with this player but I’m reading he’s considered by many to be the best WR in the draft. He looks like he’ll be a solid option as a #3, though Henderson may give him some competition for that role. Best of all he sounds like a legit red zone threat. I like that.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will admit I’m not familiar with this player but I’m reading he’s considered by many to be the best WR in the draft. He looks like he’ll be a solid option as a #3, though Henderson may give him some competition for that role. Best of all he sounds like a legit red zone threat. I like that.

He will be a mismatch out of the slot - against smaller CBs - giant hands - long arms - wins 50/50 battles all the time. Should have been a Buff, but they pulled his schoolie at the last minute.

Very high character guy - good teammate.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you will see Sutton more on the outside in 3 WR sets with Sanders at the slot.

Henderson and McKenzie giving us something at WR would be a bonus but with Sutton it takes some pressure off.

McKenzie should probably really focus on a PR career that's really what he is in the NFL to do. Last year we gave him some chances at WR but we didn't have much else there. Sutton 2016 could be the best WR in the draft. 2017 he vanished.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you will see Sutton more on the outside in 3 WR sets with Sanders at the slot.
I agree with this. DT and Sutton on the outside and Sanders in the slot could be really difficult for defenses. If Butt becomes what many believe he could be it will be a potent offense with decent QB and Oline play.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add in Freeman is a legit receiving threat out of the backfield and this offense may be extremely difficult to defend.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Henderson and McKenzie giving us something at WR would be a bonus but with Sutton it takes some pressure off.

McKenzie should probably really focus on a PR career that's really what he is in the NFL to do. Last year we gave him some chances at WR but we didn't have much else there. Sutton 2016 could be the best WR in the draft. 2017 he vanished.

Sutton in the slot will be a replay of Julius Thomas out of the slot - I see Sutton as more likely DT's future replacement. I see Sanders more in the wide out as the guy who can take the field vertically. There will be mixing and matching - I'm sure based on individual matchups on the schedule.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Colts would put T.Y. in the slot but still take him deep. This is how I would like to see Sanders used. From the slot Sanders might get a better matchup and he can use his quickness to get out side, inside, or deep. On the outside he is a bit more limited.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booker is also a legit receiving threat out of the backfield.

You’re right. I don’t mean to sound like I’m ready to ship Booker off to the glue factory. Both he and Freeman being receiving threats is a really good thing because the personnel group won’t tip the play.

I realize this is the time of year for optimism but it’s looking like this offense won’t be recognizable compared to last years.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re right. I don’t mean to sound like I’m ready to ship Booker off to the glue factory. Both he and Freeman being receiving threats is a really good thing because the personnel group won’t tip the play.

I realize this is the time of year for optimism but it’s looking like this offense won’t be recognizable compared to last years.
I certainly hope it's not. Even a halfway decent offense coupled with the defense would bring us back into playoff contention. Make it a potent offense, and that's a SB winning formula.