• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phillies Offseason 2013

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer is nothing John. Do you actually believe this fool is going to do anything different? The old adage about insanity is doing the same things and expecting different results. Enough said!

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer is nothing John. Do you actually believe this fool is going to do anything different? The old adage about insanity is doing the same things and expecting different results. Enough said!

What some call insanity can also be called being a fan. I'm not impressed with Amaro either but theres no need to kill every discussion with negativity. Maybe Amaro finally hires a "stat guy" and listens to him and makes some good moves. Or somehow gets lucky like the Phils did in '93 with Incaviglia, Tommy Greene or something.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we will see if he thinks that the team is only a player or 2 away or if he plans to blow it up.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's killing a thread Cedrique? I just mentioned that to date, Amaro's moves have not done much for this club and he has given all of us enough evidence to suggest that he is not going to change. The thread will continue onward but I don't have much hope in this guy and apparently you do. Why would he suddenly hire a "stats guy" if one has been needed for some time. The only way to remedy this is to remove him, which isn't going to happen. That is why people get replaced.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's killing a thread Cedrique? I just mentioned that to date, Amaro's moves have not done much for this club and he has given all of us enough evidence to suggest that he is not going to change. The thread will continue onward but I don't have much hope in this guy and apparently you do. Why would he suddenly hire a "stats guy" if one has been needed for some time. The only way to remedy this is to remove him, which isn't going to happen. That is why people get replaced.

Yeah, I guess the thread ain't going anywhere. I don't have much hope in the guy, but I do have some hope that he makes a good move or gets lucky. You've called him "brain dead" in at least every other post you make. I get it already. But as a fan I always gotta hope that if he's our guy he does something that helps the team. You're negativity is bringing me down. Stop harshing my buzz, man

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit your grasp of reality is a bit clouded by your fan-based optimism as you put it Cedrique. When somebody provides that much evidence that he is not going to make positive moves that would provide you some hope, the next best thing is to admit the guy is terrible and get on with it. What is even more ridiculous is to hope he is going to eventually change. I think they call that fool's gold!

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I'm aware that the reality is they are not likely to win next year and Amaro is not likely to make the best moves possible. I also know there is always a chance that the Phillies could win next year, however slim it may be. And Amaro could eventually change and get better at his job.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to be kidding Cedrique. Really? Do you really believe this sentence: "And Amaro could eventually change and get better at his job." ? Amaro has been an assistanrt under Ed Wade for 10 SEASONS-10 of them. He then became GM and Executive President of the Phillies for 5 seasons. AFTER 15 FREAKIN' YEARS of this guy and you think he is going to get better??? Man, you are really smokin' some good shit to believe that fools gold!!

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to be kidding Cedrique. Really? Do you really believe this sentence: "And Amaro could eventually change and get better at his job." ? Amaro has been an assistanrt under Ed Wade for 10 SEASONS-10 of them. He then became GM and Executive President of the Phillies for 5 seasons. AFTER 15 FREAKIN' YEARS of this guy and you think he is going to get better??? Man, you are really smokin' some good shit to believe that fools gold!!

So I should just give up even watching or thinking about the Phillies until Amaro is gone?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I never said that or implied it. You watch want you want. But to believe this guy is going to change the culture in Philly-land is a pipe dream. I know you have already stated the Phillies are not going to win next year. That is a start. I still watch the Phillies from time-to-time but I know things are not going anywhere until Amaro goes. And that may be a very long time.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I never said that or implied it. You watch want you want. But to believe this guy is going to change the culture in Philly-land is a pipe dream. I know you have already stated the Phillies are not going to win next year. That is a start. I still watch the Phillies from time-to-time but I know things are not going anywhere until Amaro goes. And that may be a very long time.

And I never said or implied he could change the culture in Philly land. I am just hoping he might make a good move here or there, even if it is by accident. (there is some luck involved in any deal no matter how much homework you do).

Funny story- I was going to point out to you that prior to the 1993 season everyone had low expectations because the Phillies had made a few minor, cheap moves and everyone thought it would be business as usual-another disappointing season. As it turned out, Eisenreich and Incaviglia turned out to be big additions to the club that year. Then I looked back to see who they replaced in the outfield from 1992. Guess who was the rightfielder that year? Ruben fucking Amaro! So maybe you're on to something when you say they just need to get rid of him to get better.

Regardless, I'll still hope for the best until he actually makes a move this off-season.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a bit much to say that a team is doomed no matter what if they don't make the changes you are calling for.

Anything can and will happen in baseball. That is the way of the game.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Cedrique we have discussed that before about how a blind squirrel finds a nut once and awhile. I agree with you from that angle that there is some hope in that. But the majority of the stuff he does ain't matriculating this club forward and we all know that. Like the story though.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2