• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phase 10 NBA Draft Championship : Stoke vs Femur

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STOKE

Starters:
PG - John Stockton
SG - Pete Maravich
SF - Kevin Durant
PF - Bob McAdoo
C - Hakeem Olajuwan

Bench:
PG/SG - Manu Ginobili
SG/SF - Dale Ellis
PF/C - Anthony Davis
SF/SG - Bruce Bowen
PG/SG - Steve Kerr

VERSUS

FEMUR

STARTERS
PG - Jason Kidd
SG - Michael Jordan
SF - Paul Pierce
PF - Moses Malone
C - Bill Russell

BENCH
PG - Lenny Wilkins
PG/SG - Hal Greer
SF/PF - Lamar Odom
PF - Antoine Walker
PF - Charles Barkley

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who Wins?

STOKE - 1
FEMUR - 6

VOTED - Milk, Ritz, Stoke, Mebert, WLK, Femur, 500

Last edited:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Femur wins here... Hopefully i got this one right... I think every team i voted for has lost their matchup... I have voted against stoke in every round because i don't like his bench.. So congrats Stoke for winning the whole thing!!!

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Femur

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I would start Bowen to check Jordan. No one can stop him, but Bowen will make his life hard, while Maravich would be an ole to the basket. He also shoots well, so you can't just leave him.

I take stoker.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Femur wins here... Hopefully i got this one right... I think every team i voted for has lost their matchup... I have voted against stoke in every round because i don't like his bench.. So congrats Stoke for winning the whole thing!!!

I know. I picked players who played the reserve roles that I want them to play in the contest, with the exception of AD, as my only extra big he'll get plenty of minutes in both PF and C positions. This is how I approach these, I try to build what I think would make a good team instead of just the best possible option. It's why I've only won once, and that was by drafting away from my usual strategies.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. I picked players who played the reserve roles that I want them to play in the contest, with the exception of AD, as my only extra big he'll get plenty of minutes in both PF and C positions. This is how I approach these, I try to build what I think would make a good team instead of just the best possible option. It's why I've only won once, and that was by drafting away from my usual strategies.

I think it's a good strategy, I draft very similarly but I don't think some of the players could keep up vs the competition... I do however love the way you try to pick and your arguements even if we disagree on some specifics...

I just really like what Femur did around Jordan... He counters your sub pattern with the same big rotation only that he's using Barkley... Tough matchup, I think this is a little slower paced than the Ritz matchup same outcome....

Femur 112
Stoke 108

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a good strategy, I draft very similarly but I don't think some of the players could keep up vs the competition... I do however love the way you try to pick and your arguements even if we disagree on some specifics...

I just really like what Femur did around Jordan... He counters your sub pattern with the same big rotation only that he's using Barkley... Tough matchup, I think this is a little slower paced than the Ritz matchup same outcome....

Femur 112
Stoke 108

I like Femur's team. The only thing about his team I don't like is Lamar Odom and Antoine Walker - which is just personal preference, not any indication that he should be knocked for it.

I really like the Bruce Bowen/Michael Jordan matchup, and would have enjoyed seeing it at their primes - cause Bowen was a major pain in the ass to everyone he covered. Unfortunately, when Jordan was in his prime, Bowen was just coming in the league and when Bowen was in his prime, Jordan played for the Wizards. If Bowen could hold Jordan to 20 (which is what he did on average in 6 matchups, but primes were already addressed) then it would go a long way to helping me in this matchup.

Kevin Durant and Paul Pierce would trade blows all game long (figuratively) and Stockton and Kidd would dish it out all game. Both teams' bigs are gonna be a sight to see, with me having the advantage in starter, but Barkley outshines Davis (IMO).

In the end, I like my team because there isn't a player on my team that can't do what I am asking them to do, because they have all done it for a significant amount of time, except Davis (which is the only one I feel wouldn't need that experience due to back up big men really aren't asked to specialize as much).

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I vote for me. Too much star power.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Femur's team. The only thing about his team I don't like is Lamar Odom and Antoine Walker - which is just personal preference, not any indication that he should be knocked for it.

I really like the Bruce Bowen/Michael Jordan matchup, and would have enjoyed seeing it at their primes - cause Bowen was a major pain in the ass to everyone he covered. Unfortunately, when Jordan was in his prime, Bowen was just coming in the league and when Bowen was in his prime, Jordan played for the Wizards. If Bowen could hold Jordan to 20 (which is what he did on average in 6 matchups, but primes were already addressed) then it would go a long way to helping me in this matchup.

Kevin Durant and Paul Pierce would trade blows all game long (figuratively) and Stockton and Kidd would dish it out all game. Both teams' bigs are gonna be a sight to see, with me having the advantage in starter, but Barkley outshines Davis (IMO).

In the end, I like my team because there isn't a player on my team that can't do what I am asking them to do, because they have all done it for a significant amount of time, except Davis (which is the only one I feel wouldn't need that experience due to back up big men really aren't asked to specialize as much).

I think Walker was a waste (I think I said that already) I do like Odom however, his versatility would be good to have vs Ellis while Ellis would probably get about 3 easy 3s because Odom would lose him... I think would even them out... I just think Moses and Kidd and Pierce with Russell gives Jordan so much room to have a bad night and still not get burned... And a bad night for Jordan is not going to be that bad... Just too much to go with Jordan...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Femurov comes in and wins... Pretty freakin' impressive...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so bad for a draft that is in a sport that is all about individuals (stars) while always having to draft whatever was left. Good job Femurov, it was a very good team.