• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peyton?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schefter reporting that the Skins might be interested in getting Manning if he were made available. I can't even imagine what the price would be to get him.

You willing to pay a high price for PManning, knowing the injuries? Huge upside, but the cost might be staggering. How often is a HoF QB still in his prime made available?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schefter reporting that the Skins might be interested in getting Manning if he were made available. I can't even imagine what the price would be to get him.

You willing to pay a high price for PManning, knowing the injuries? Huge upside, but the cost might be staggering. How often is a HoF QB still in his prime made available?

I say HELL NO!, unless it was a reasonable price (which it won't be). Considering what Cinci got for Palmer I would say the Colts would want at least that for a HOF'er who is a hit away from be doing for his career (I know, everyone is a hit away) and has 5 good years (NOT great) at best left. The Skins have done too much in the last couple years aquiring draft picks for '12 and '13 and getting rid of dead weight to throw it all away on Manning. And with all due respect to you fordman and Peyton Manning, I think he is past his prime, still very good but not in his prime.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say HELL NO!, unless it was a reasonable price (which it won't be). Considering what Cinci got for Palmer I would say the Colts would want at least that for a HOF'er who is a hit away from be doing for his career (I know, everyone is a hit away) and has 5 good years (NOT great) at best left. The Skins have done too much in the last couple years aquiring draft picks for '12 and '13 and getting rid of dead weight to throw it all away on Manning. And with all due respect to you fordman and Peyton Manning, I think he is past his prime, still very good but not in his prime.

I deserve no respect here, I'm a Boys fan :)

Seriously though, I don't think it would be a good move for your team either. I was just asking. I know some people think they would sell their soul for a Peyton type QB, but when the asking price is actually put on the table the knees buckle. Wondering if the SportsHoopla Skins fans think it would be a good idea or not.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few more media folks are blabbering about the possibility of Peyton to DC

mark schlereth @markschlereth
If I was a betting man I'd say Peyton ends up a Redskin and they throw Wayne for good measure! Talk amongst yourselves...
Wouldn't want to face Eli? One of the most competitive people on the planet! Gimme a break there is no one he'd rather line up against!

Trent Dilfer: “You know, I’ve been listening to [Schlereth] talk about the Washington fit. I do think that’s very realistic. The only one that holds me up there is Shanahan’s always been a guy that wants a mobile quarterback. But Mike’s also good enough to know how to adapt to a guy like Peyton Manning, and Peyton’s mobile enough within that tight space, you can still change the launch point with him. That one makes a lot of sense.”

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's done,this trade shit is all a moot point the Colts will be releasing him before that bonus money is due