• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peyton Manning & Buster Posey

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Peyton Manning and Buster Posey
Similar seasons, both came back from an injury that had them out last season
Buster already won these awards mentioned below; Peyton could be on his way
*Comeback player of the year
*MVP
*World Champs
Which one is the best sports story of the year?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning and Buster Posey
Similar seasons, both came back from an injury that had them out last season
Buster already won these awards mentioned below; Peyton could be on his way
*Comeback player of the year
*MVP
*World Champs
Which one is the best sports story of the year?

A biased opinion here, but I'll go with Posey.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A biased opinion here, but I'll go with Posey.

Agreed and the Giants are the only MLB club other than the Cubs that I follow, so I'm a bit biased as well. Manning would have to win the superbowl this year to make it a fair contest IMO.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd think AP would need to be in this mix, but his team's not going anywhere.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good call because of his injury last year but, you are right, the Vikes are not going to win the Super Bowl.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PFF:

Adrian Peterson's yards AFTER contact this season would rank him 8th in the NFL in rushing if it were his total rushing yardage.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NFL will do the unprecedented and award Manning & Peterson both the MVP & CB-POY awards in the same season.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the NFL will do the unprecedented and award Manning & Peterson both the MVP & CB-POY awards in the same season.

Anything is possible but that would be a rare event. Keep in mind that there are 50 people who vote for the NFL MVP, so both men would have to finish with the same number of votes.

Peyton Manning and Steve McNair finished with the same number in 2004 (16). Brett Favre and Barry Sanders shared it in 1997. Those are the only two times since 1957 that the AP's MVP award has been shared.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What if Manning would have signed with the Niners what would you opinoon be? Would it

Agreed and the Giants are the only MLB club other than the Cubs that I follow, so I'm a bit biased as well. Manning would have to win the superbowl this year to make it a fair contest IMO.

What if Manning would have signed with the Niners what would you opinoon be? Would it change?

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

True,

I was just using Posey and Peyton based on teams and how important that position is to the team. Running backs are important but cathers and QBs are hard to find when they are came changers

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Agreed, I would have to agree with that. I though about that also. We all know Manning will win both awards, whether it is shared or not

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True,

I was just using Posey and Peyton based on teams and how important that position is to the team. Running backs are important but cathers and QBs are hard to find when they are came changers

I agree 100%. Didn't mean to hijack the thread either, sorry.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything is possible but that would be a rare event. Keep in mind that there are 50 people who vote for the NFL MVP, so both men would have to finish with the same number of votes.

Peyton Manning and Steve McNair finished with the same number in 2004 (16). Brett Favre and Barry Sanders shared it in 1997. Those are the only two times since 1957 that the AP's MVP award has been shared.

Whoops, my mistake to say the NFL - yes, the writers. There have been co-winners in the CBPOY award as well. I wonder if the writers can cast half votes?

If AP breaks the record I think you have to give the nod to him; although, with both Houston and GB still playing for something it won't be easy. If he falls short, then with Manning already over 4000 yards AGAIN (lol) and AP likely over 2k??? Who knows

If not co-MVP's I'd place a bet for co-CBPOY awards.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Whoops, my mistake to say the NFL - yes, the writers. There have been co-winners in the CBPOY award as well. I wonder if the writers can cast half votes?

If AP breaks the record I think you have to give the nod to him; although, with both Houston and GB still playing for something it won't be easy. If he falls short, then with Manning already over 4000 yards AGAIN (lol) and AP likely over 2k??? Who knows

If not co-MVP's I'd place a bet for co-CBPOY awards.

They can for the AP All-Pro Team. That does not mean they can for the MVP award and I would not automatically assume that because they can for one award/team that they can for the MVP award. I'm just throwing that out there.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can for the AP All-Pro Team. That does not mean they can for the MVP award and I would not automatically assume that because they can for one award/team that they can for the MVP award. I'm just throwing that out there.

Good info - Thanks. It will be interesting to see what happens.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The best sports story of the year would be Peyton being kidnapped by terrorists and held until he's no longer capable of playing in the NFL because he's a big butthole jerk-face.

...If the Niners win the SB, I'm sure I won't be mad at him any more. :)

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The best sports story of the year would be Peyton being kidnapped by terrorists and held until he's no longer capable of playing in the NFL because he's a big butthole jerk-face.

...If the Niners win the SB, I'm sure I won't be mad at him any more. :)

LOL,
He didnt come to SF because he didnt want to stop his brother from playin in the Superbowl. That is my opinion though, that is the reason why Eli didnt go to the Chargers he was going to be in same conference as brother.