• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peter Tork of the Monkees

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something like that. The first year they were excellent and then they got a little full of themselves and then they were gone.
I think the mistake was made when they decided they were actually a real band and wanted to write their own songs and perform. As a TV show premise I thought it was good stuff for the mid/late 60's.

I guess they flew too close to the sun on the wings of pastrami

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe how popular that show was back in its day.
they showed a couple of episodes this weekend. i thought they were hilarious. don kirshner helped them out musically. seems like they went downhill when they lost him.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the mistake was made when they decided they were actually a real band and wanted to write their own songs and perform. As a TV show premise I thought it was good stuff for the mid/late 60's.

I guess they flew too close to the sun on the wings of pastrami

Absolutely! Mike Nesmith was the best of the bunch and it took him several years just to become decent.

As a kid I thought they were hilarious. And the songs early on were decent too.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely! Mike Nesmith was the best of the bunch and it took him several years just to become decent.

As a kid I thought they were hilarious. And the songs were decent too.
Not ashamed to admit that I had several Monkees cassette tapes in middle school. There were some pretty prolific writers behind their earlier songs (Gerry Goffin, Carole King, Neil Diamond)

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I have this correct but I started watching Monkees' reruns around 1988. The same summer they had their first "reunion" and new album

220px-Monkees-Pool-It%21.jpg

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be noted I was a fan...A FAN. NOT..NOT a stalker like @broncosmitty

This space cadet was caught dumpster diving outside the studio looking for used hairbrushes.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a kid I thought they were hilarious. And the songs early on were decent too.

Idk if there is a "Best of The Monkees", but it would be a good record. They had a lot of good pop tunes, though they didn't write any of them and Idk how much they actually played. The Partridge Family was also a funny show, though their music mostly sucked with a couple of exceptions.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk if there is a "Best of The Monkees", but it would be a good record. They had a lot of good pop tunes, though they didn't write any of them and Idk how much they actually played. The Partridge Family was also a funny show, though their music mostly sucked with a couple of exceptions.
There is no comparison music wise, the Monkees win hands down. They actually played a show with Jimi Hendrix

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But Laura.....I had a crush on her.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did write many of their songs, although the more popular were not written by them.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no comparison music wise, the Monkees win hands down. They actually played a show with Jimi Hendrix

More like Hendrix played a show with them. He was booked as their opener for a tour early on. He bailed after a few dates, after he’d realized what his manager got him into, no doubt.

Sheluvsbama

Gone to the Devil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More like Hendrix played a show with them. He was booked as their opener for a tour early on. He bailed after a few dates, after he’d realized what his manager got him into, no doubt.

It was preposterous to book the two of them together. A ridiculous pairing, imo.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two of my favorite shows growing up the Monkees and Soap both lost someone recently.

RIP...