• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Perspective.....my version.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I called out the Perspective of some opinions on here on a different thread, I got to thinking, and I figured I should give some idea of where my thoughts are on this team, and the debacle in Foxboro last night.

First, to the overall standing of the team: 9-2 with a chance to put our foot on the Chiefs' necks on Sunday. I'll take it, all things considered. I will admit, at Halftime last night I started thinking "Damn, there is no doubt we are the best team in the NFL when we are on our game." Then, the roof fell in. Still a lot of football to be played, but I like where we are.

Offense: Manning is Manning. Knowshon has been fantastic. 7th in the NFL in rush yards, 9 TDs and great pass protection. The other RBs really need to check themselves. Protect the damn ball and let Moreno catch a break without giving it up, that is all they need to do. Pretty simple. If the Line stays healthy, they are doing a fairly good job.....again, all things considered. The WRs have been solid all year. Time for them to clean things up as far as drops, but they are all dangerous. I'm good with the O, but the turnovers must stop.

Defense: This is where I think perspective must be used if you are going to properly analyze this team. To this point, the Defense has been disappointing overall. There is no doubt, but I also believe the injuries are the "reason" and not the "excuse". Before you blast me for that, hear me out......lol.......I certainly understand that every team is dealing with injuries this time in the season. But, have we seen the starting unit play one series without missing some key player? It's either been Miller (suspension, not injury, but you know what I mean), Woodyard, Moore (who was having a nice season), DRC, Champ, Ayers, etc.......In my opinion, we have a nice D, we just can't seem to get healthy. Chris Harris is a solid player, but he was our best CB on the field during Brady's comeback last night. He was out there with Jammer and Keyvon Webster. That is a far cry from Champ, DRC, Harris and Carter. Simply put, Brady picked apart a banged up unit. It happens. Overall, I feel like this Defense has a chance to put together a nice run down the stretch. Maybe I am being a Homer.....but if they are playing well going into the Playoffs, I like our chances.

On an individual note, if Von Miller gets it going like he did in the First Half last night, look out. He has the ability to take over games. It also seems like guys feed off of him being out there. Especially Wolfe.....

I kinda just rambled all of that.....but that is where my mind is right now. I'd like to hear others.......oh, and fight nice fellas. It's each of our opinions on something we all obviously love, the Broncos.....it's not like we all don't want the W every week....lol

Oh, and Julius Thomas is a beast. It took him being out, the terrible weather, turnovers, an injury to DRC and a fluke bounce to beat us by 3 in OT in their house. See.....perspective......lol.....(total open door to call me a Homer)

Go Broncos!

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to start a similar thread, Cali, but I am on the East Coast and was up until nearly 1 in the morning watching that game. Then up at 545 to get ready for work where I sleep walked my way through the work day! If I tried to post anything really serious I would have botched it up.

I agree with you on the defense. Part of the problem is with all the substituting due to suspensions or injuries is the unit has not really had time to gel. But we have seen some impressive play from them nonetheless, with the games against the Redskins, Chargers, and Chiefs really giving us something to look forward to down the stretch.

The defensive collapse in the second half is as much a product of play calling as it is injuries, too. They were in a prevent pretty much for the entire second half and only when Brady and Co got back into the game did they go back to a pressure defense and by then it was too late.

At any rate, the defense is not good at all if all you do is look at the box scores and collective stats. They give up lots of yards, and a lot of scores. Those scores are really offset by the Cowboys and Colts games though (I don't consider 34 against the Patriots to be an outlier). The truth is there were two games, one where a good but desperate offense did everything it could to get a win and the other adding 19 points off of turnovers, that really skew the defenses performances. These outliers happened, so you can't take them off the stat sheet. But you can look at the collective body of work and conclude the defense is soundly middle of the pack, which is good enough.

Even though this unit is not impressive statistically, I actually have a lot of confidence that they can change a game. They did in that Cowboy game, a game where they had gotten worked and allowed 48 points. Yet it was a defensive play that essentially delivered the game to the Broncos. Unlike defenses of 2007-2008 this defense feels like it's capable of breaking out. And really if they get healthy just as the regular season ends and start finding some chemistry just in time for the playoffs, it is going to be curtains for anyone Denver plays.

So I am not worried about the defense. I do wish our offense would stop giving the ball up. I've said it several times the turnovers on offense and special teams are going to be what undoes this team. That's a matter of making better mental preparation for given situations. For example, Welker being more decisive: wave off or fair catch sooner. Ball and Hillman not giving up the ball. And Manning has fumbled several times as well, though his production sort of buys him a little benefit of the doubt. If this team got through a game without turning the ball over they would be unstoppable. So far the only team this season that has been able to stop the Broncos is the Broncos.

If they get out of their own way by the time the playoffs start, some of these downers we have hanging around here will be eating some serious crow!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots spotted you 24 points at the half with the turnovers.
The Broncos scored one (1) touchdown with Peyton. Without that one (1) touchdown, the Broncos did not have a chance to go to overtime, where the Patriots offense scored, the special teams made the play, while the Pats defense held......

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos scored one (1) touchdown with Peyton. Without that one (1) touchdown, the Broncos did not have a chance to go to overtime, where the Patriots offense scored, the special teams made the play, while the Pats defense held......

Thanks for the recap.:yawn:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and Julius Thomas is a beast. It took him being out,

Took Wilfork being out for Knowshon to run for 225.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Broncos forced those turnovers, it's not like the Pats just handed them the ball. However the Broncos did spot the Pats 10 points off of two muffed punts. The Pats didn't do anything to force those, but they benefitted from the Broncos mistakes.

Bottom line: both teams forced mistakes and capitalized. The Broncos just made one mistake more, and at a crucial time and place in the game. Looking forward to the Pats having to play in Denver in the playoffs.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodness, sorry Pats fans.....this thread was in no way meant to to disrespect your victory.

Touchy much?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't read anybody being touchy.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and Julius Thomas is a beast. It took him being out,

Took Wilfork being out for Knowshon to run for 225.

Maybe touchy was the wrong word.......I realize Wilfork being out was part of the reason Knowshon was able to run wild. But, this post was not about the Patriots. It was about the perspective of a Denver fan on the season and where they currently stand.

Are you willing to admit that the Rogers-Cromartie injury gave the Patriots an opening to exploit, as well? To that point, the Pats had done nothing offensively.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I called out the Perspective of some opinions on here on a different thread, I got to thinking, and I figured I should give some idea of where my thoughts are on this team, and the debacle in Foxboro last night.

First, to the overall standing of the team: 9-2 with a chance to put our foot on the Chiefs' necks on Sunday. I'll take it, all things considered. I will admit, at Halftime last night I started thinking "Damn, there is no doubt we are the best team in the NFL when we are on our game." Then, the roof fell in. Still a lot of football to be played, but I like where we are.

Offense: Manning is Manning. Knowshon has been fantastic. 7th in the NFL in rush yards, 9 TDs and great pass protection. The other RBs really need to check themselves. Protect the damn ball and let Moreno catch a break without giving it up, that is all they need to do. Pretty simple. If the Line stays healthy, they are doing a fairly good job.....again, all things considered. The WRs have been solid all year. Time for them to clean things up as far as drops, but they are all dangerous. I'm good with the O, but the turnovers must stop.

Defense: This is where I think perspective must be used if you are going to properly analyze this team. To this point, the Defense has been disappointing overall. There is no doubt, but I also believe the injuries are the "reason" and not the "excuse". Before you blast me for that, hear me out......lol.......I certainly understand that every team is dealing with injuries this time in the season. But, have we seen the starting unit play one series without missing some key player? It's either been Miller (suspension, not injury, but you know what I mean), Woodyard, Moore (who was having a nice season), DRC, Champ, Ayers, etc.......In my opinion, we have a nice D, we just can't seem to get healthy. Chris Harris is a solid player, but he was our best CB on the field during Brady's comeback last night. He was out there with Jammer and Keyvon Webster. That is a far cry from Champ, DRC, Harris and Carter. Simply put, Brady picked apart a banged up unit. It happens. Overall, I feel like this Defense has a chance to put together a nice run down the stretch. Maybe I am being a Homer.....but if they are playing well going into the Playoffs, I like our chances.

On an individual note, if Von Miller gets it going like he did in the First Half last night, look out. He has the ability to take over games. It also seems like guys feed off of him being out there. Especially Wolfe.....

I kinda just rambled all of that.....but that is where my mind is right now. I'd like to hear others.......oh, and fight nice fellas. It's each of our opinions on something we all obviously love, the Broncos.....it's not like we all don't want the W every week....lol

Oh, and Julius Thomas is a beast. It took him being out, the terrible weather, turnovers, an injury to DRC and a fluke bounce to beat us by 3 in OT in their house. See.....perspective......lol.....(total open door to call me a Homer)

Go Broncos!

I think the WR need to learn how to adapt to a more physical game. The Colts and the Patriots got physical with them and instead of looking for the flag that was never coming (Can you say make up for the Panthers game) push back and fight to get open adn fight for the ball. DT was ineffective in both of those games aside form 1 TD catch.

Totally agree on the defense. And I am sick of hearing people whine about "Generalities".

"The Pass Defense sucks!" when specifically, certain match-ups are not in their favor, especially when a starter goes out with an injury. It's Tom Brady on his home turf. To expect our defense to dominate and shut down that offense is unrealistic.

You have to credit Belicek and Brady with exploiting our weakness the 2nd half by targeting rookie Kayvon Webster when DRC went down and Gronk is simply a mismatch for any LBer or DB, period. You can only hope to slow him down a bit, you won't stop him

And While I think JDR has done a great job as interim coach, 2nd half defense left a lot to be desired against NE and it makes you wonder if the speculation that HC and DC at the same time is causing a few little things to fall through the cracks.

Why was Von Miller dropping into coverage instead of rushing the QB? It was obvious they had to throw the ball to catch up being down 24 points. This is what our defense is designed and built for. Protecting a big lead and going after the QB in an obvious passing situation.

But no need for panic since we are 9-2. If we can take care of business in KC, then the last 4 games are winnable. No easy wins, but all against sub .500 teams.

Tennessee and San Diego at home, then Houston and Oakland on the road.

So 14-2 best case scenario running the table, 12-4 worst case. The superstition about 13-3 is just that, superstition.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have been waiting all season for this defense to get healthy. The playoffs actually might be the first time we actually see the full defense on the field. Vickerson is out 6 weeks with a dislocated hip (good thing Sly Williams has been looking much better these last few games). Then not sure if Rahim Moore will be back at all this season. The rest of the crew is expected back this week. DRC just had a bruised shoulder (not sure why he couldn't play with that but whatever), Moreno sprained his ankle, and Champ is expected to be ready in a week or two.

Injuries and turnovers right now are about the only thing keeping this Bronco team from being undefeated right now. I know every team has a weakness just hoping this team can figure out what the heck is going on with these turnovers sometime in the near future. I know everybody and their dog was fumbling yesterday but to me that should have been a sign to the coaches especially on punt returns of just don't even let anybody near the ball and just give the offense a chance to score. Peyton seemed to be doing pretty well in the 2nd half when asked to throw (other than his interception) and the run game was almost unstoppable.

Honestly I hope above all hope the Broncos cut Holiday this week. I know not everybody will agree with that but I can't stand watching him return punts. I tell my wife every time we are about to receive a punt that I will be surprised if he doesn't fumble.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have been waiting all season for this defense to get healthy. The playoffs actually might be the first time we actually see the full defense on the field. Vickerson is out 6 weeks with a dislocated hip (good thing Sly Williams has been looking much better these last few games). Then not sure if Rahim Moore will be back at all this season. The rest of the crew is expected back this week. DRC just had a bruised shoulder (not sure why he couldn't play with that but whatever), Moreno sprained his ankle, and Champ is expected to be ready in a week or two.

Injuries and turnovers right now are about the only thing keeping this Bronco team from being undefeated right now. I know every team has a weakness just hoping this team can figure out what the heck is going on with these turnovers sometime in the near future. I know everybody and their dog was fumbling yesterday but to me that should have been a sign to the coaches especially on punt returns of just don't even let anybody near the ball and just give the offense a chance to score. Peyton seemed to be doing pretty well in the 2nd half when asked to throw (other than his interception) and the run game was almost unstoppable.

Honestly I hope above all hope the Broncos cut Holiday this week. I know not everybody will agree with that but I can't stand watching him return punts. I tell my wife every time we are about to receive a punt that I will be surprised if he doesn't fumble.

I am sure they were just being cautious with DRC. He had to have an MRI before being cleared.

I heard Champ was playing this week in KC?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you willing to admit that the Rogers-Cromartie injury gave the Patriots an opening to exploit, as well?

Oh sure.

To that point, the Pats had done nothing offensively.

They laid the ball on the rug their first three possessions...which had more to do with their lack of success than preceding that injury but yeah, DRC is a major factor.

You cats are a great bunch to read....good luck going forward and we'll see you again this year I'm sure.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you willing to admit that the Rogers-Cromartie injury gave the Patriots an opening to exploit, as well?

Oh sure.

They laid the ball on the rug their first three possessions...which had more to do with their lack of success than preceding that injury but yeah, DRC is a major factor.

You cats are a great bunch to read....good luck going forward and we'll see you again this year I'm sure.

The way this season is shaping up if the Broncos win this week against the Chiefs my guess is the AFC Championship will be Broncos/Patriots. Now who has homefield advantage who knows but my guess is right now that is the 1 and 2 seed of the AFC and the two best teams in the AFC by far. Indy was up there but injuries and lack of depth are causing them to snowball. The Chiefs definitely have a fighting chance but if they don't get homefield throughout the playoffs I don't see them having much of a chance and especially if Houston is down for a while. And really is anybody worried about anybody from the AFC North right now?

Anyway good luck the rest of the season and see you hopefully in the AFC Championship!

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh sure.

That is kind of a vague description of the turnovers. The 3 Patriot Turnovers in the first half were all forced fumbles. Give some credit to the Broncos Defense.

Manning's INT was into tight coverage and while not an errant pass, I will give the DB credit for fighting for the ball.

Speaking of Ball, Montee Ball has given up a few fumbles this year in the pile so partly his lack of experience and inability to protect the football and credit ti the NE D for forcing the fumble in the first place.

The Broncos had 2 muffed punts, the last one deciding the game in OT, those were unforced.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way this season is shaping up if the Broncos win this week against the Chiefs my guess is the AFC Championship will be Broncos/Patriots. Now who has homefield advantage who knows but my guess is right now that is the 1 and 2 seed of the AFC and the two best teams in the AFC by far. Indy was up there but injuries and lack of depth are causing them to snowball. The Chiefs definitely have a fighting chance but if they don't get homefield throughout the playoffs I don't see them having much of a chance and especially if Houston is down for a while. And really is anybody worried about anybody from the AFC North right now?

Anyway good luck the rest of the season and see you hopefully in the AFC Championship!

Anything can happen in the playoffs. No one gave the Ravens much of a chance around this time last year.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh sure.

Good luck to you too.

By the way, the Broncos forced those turnovers, more than the Pats gave them away. Especially the Blount fumble. At least admit that....lol

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, the Brady one too. It was def a tale of two halves.

FFSparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Broncos!

"reason", Absolutely ! I could not have said this any better! Hopefully by the playoffs we have all if not most of the pieces back and ready for the final push to the Superbowl!