• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Personal Foul Penalties?

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only watched the GB/Bengals game yesterday, but it seemed to me the refs got a memo to call anything remotely close to being unnecessary roughness a personal foul and 15 yarder. They almost seemed smug when throwing it. Both ways, there were hits by the Bengals that probably shouldn't have been called and there were hits by GB that shouldn't have been called either. Then the most obvious cheap shot taken at the knee of Rodgers by the Bengals doesn't get anything and I have to listen to Achesformen try and rationalize it that it in no way had any ill intent.

Just wondering if other games were similar if it was just that group of refs yesterday?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a fan of Suh clearly I am against all personal foul penalties. :D

Honestly the league refs are wildly inconsistent which is very consistent with fixing games.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a fan of Suh clearly I am against all personal foul penalties. :D

Honestly the league refs are wildly inconsistent which is very consistent with fixing games.

This is where possibly having personal fouls and pass interference reviewed with each of the calls would be huge for the league. Not like it would add any time to the game to have some guy up in a booth review the calls before the next play starts as the Refs spend a ton of time huddling together with each all anyway. AT least then that keeps the Refs honest so they cannot be accused of fixing games and would make fans a lot happier.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where possibly having personal fouls and pass interference reviewed with each of the calls would be huge for the league. Not like it would add any time to the game to have some guy up in a booth review the calls before the next play starts as the Refs spend a ton of time huddling together with each all anyway. AT least then that keeps the Refs honest so they cannot be accused of fixing games and would make fans a lot happier.

So your saying to leave these types of calls to a booth review, sort of like the NHL? That way they Refs do not need to get together and talk about it, and maybe have someone change their minds?? If so, I like it!! reviews take to long as it is. Play goes under review, commercial break for 1min an 58secs. Come back from commercial.....another 2min for the review.....enough is enough! The NFL is ruining its own product at times. At least if it is like the NHL, these calls will all be the same. Not some weeks where TD's are good, then the next they are not...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your saying to leave these types of calls to a booth review, sort of like the NHL? That way they Refs do not need to get together and talk about it, and maybe have someone change their minds?? If so, I like it!! reviews take to long as it is. Play goes under review, commercial break for 1min an 58secs. Come back from commercial.....another 2min for the review.....enough is enough! The NFL is ruining its own product at times. At least if it is like the NHL, these calls will all be the same. Not some weeks where TD's are good, then the next they are not...

Pretty much. If the analyst can watch a replay before the next snap and easily see as us fans do as well that they have made the wrong call then a booth review person would be able to do that as well before the next snap. It would take just as much time if not less than for the refs to huddle together a make a subjective call on a situation that as fast as the game is going is an educated guess at best. They are told to error on the side of caution so why not have somebody ready to overrule them when it is obvious they made a mistake.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense to me..If the NHL can call a goal from Canada, I am sure the NFL can set up the same system in NY. If its a questionable call, someone else makes it.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Personal Foul penalties are getting out of hand. They called a helmet to helmet hit on Patrick Willis when Willis' helmet didn't even make contact with the runner. It was just a hard hit, but that's not allowed any more.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Correction: they called the personal foul on Whitner not Willis. If the ref's see a big hit, their hands are going to go to the flag as a reflex these days.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only watched the GB/Bengals game yesterday

I believe the same crew that did this game also did the Seahawks/49er game and they just seemed like they wanted to be on TV by throwing flags all over the field in both games.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bronco player gets hit in the head today as a defenseless receiver yet they don't throw the flag so it is just so hit and miss. IF the NFL really cares about the integrity of the game they need to get this issue cleaned up.