• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Persona 4

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just wondering who else has played this game.

For those of you who haven't, Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a JRPG developed and published by Atlus for the PS2. It's a story of a high school boy who moves from the city to a small town with his uncle and cousin while his parents work abroad. Only, soon after he moves in, dead bodies start turning up hanging from television antennas. You must find the truth before the it disappears...

P4 is a great game. It's got a great soundtrack, the best voice acting of any game I've ever played, a battle system with just the right amount of depth to it, a colorful yet realistic cast of characters, and a respectable plot. It's certainly got some JAPAN! qualities to it, so if that isn't your thing you probably won't like it as MUCH, but it's a very worthwhile RPG even if you actively dislike anime.. It clocks in at 70-90 hours for a first playthrough. A word of warning - there is a lot of plot dump at the beginning of the game. It's not bad plot dump - it sets up the game quite nicely in fact - but you will be pressing the 'x' button a LOT prior to actually fighting dudes.

They also remade it for the Vita, so if you have one of those (and I don't know why you would...) you can get that one instead. Haven't played that version so I don't know how much they'd have to cut to get it playable.

Basically, if you have a PS2 and even a tiny room in your heart for RPGs, get P4. You won't be disappointed.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which one was the game where you captured the demons and put them together to make new demons?

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which one was the game where you captured the demons and put them together to make new demons?

That's all the Shin Megami Tensei games. Persona 4 does the same thing but calls it something else - namely, Persona.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I think I played Devil Summoner. It was a while ago. Fun game.