• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State 2016 Recruiting Thread

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Hack has a great year this season then I see him going to the NFL. If he has a so-so season I see him returning for senior year like Andrew Luck.

Andrew Luck would've gone #1 after his junior year as well. NOt sure how close Hack is to his degree either, that could be a factor if he wants that paper before he goes

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great get for us with Menet.. real fast LBU how you like our chance with Betiku? I figured he would go to USC or UCLA but maybe Lavar being a father figure lands him with us. Felt we always had a shot but this really would be a HUGE get

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't recognize UCLA. Thought it was Cornell for some reason lol. Anyhow like our chances?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great get for us with Menet.. real fast LBU how you like our chance with Betiku? I figured he would go to USC or UCLA but maybe Lavar being a father figure lands him with us. Felt we always had a shot but this really would be a HUGE get

We are VERY much in it for Beitku. Was surprised he didn't have USC on his list, think its us and UCLA. One thing that could hurt us with UCLA is the fact Lavar and Bradley are still tight as well. Fortunately Lavar really likes Franklin and the kid is good friends with Shane Simmons.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zembeic getting great reviews at Elite !!. His ranking is going to go nowhere but up with a bullet the way he's showing out at these camps. Glad teh staff recognized his talent very early and stayed on him when most were wondering why we weren't on full court press for Haskins.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Commitment 10 is in, OL getting beastly with Will Fries jumping on board. Don't think we take another unless its a kid they can't pass up later in process

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michal Menet bumped up to a 5 star #21 overall player in nation on scout

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good get with Fries, OL is going to be a strength of the team soon based on these last few cycles.

Anyways, the class is at 10 now and I'm wondering how many the staff will end up taking this year. Asssuming we can fill a full 25 man class, who do you guys want to see/ think we'll see taking up the rest of the spots?

Personally I'd like to see:

Oluwole Betiku
Karamo Dioubate
Cameron Brown
Ron Johnson
Ellison Jordan
Brendan Ferns
Damar Hamlin
Andrew Pryts
Khaleke Hudson
Jordan Fuller
Damar Hamlin
Tre Nixon
Cary Angeline
Blake Gillikin
Rashad Wheeler

Obviously we're probably not gonna get all these guys, but I think all of them at least have legitimate interest. I'd be interested to hear who you guys would like to see as part of the class.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good get with Fries, OL is going to be a strength of the team soon based on these last few cycles.

Anyways, the class is at 10 now and I'm wondering how many the staff will end up taking this year. Asssuming we can fill a full 25 man class, who do you guys want to see/ think we'll see taking up the rest of the spots?

Personally I'd like to see:

Oluwole Betiku
Karamo Dioubate
Cameron Brown
Ron Johnson
Ellison Jordan
Brendan Ferns
Damar Hamlin
Andrew Pryts
Khaleke Hudson
Jordan Fuller
Damar Hamlin
Tre Nixon
Cary Angeline
Blake Gillikin
Rashad Wheeler

Obviously we're probably not gonna get all these guys, but I think all of them at least have legitimate interest. I'd be interested to hear who you guys would like to see as part of the class.

You like Hamlin so much you put him on twice LOL

We have a very good chance with every player you listed. Betiku and Nixon being the toughest pulls.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll get at least 23 this year, take that to bank
I'm not so certain, that is 10 extra scholarships we have to free up. I think 1 comes from Hackenberg which gets us to 14 and leaves us with 9 more players that need to leave the team, get booted from the team for "rules violations" (SEC bullshit if that happens), transfers, or early departures. If we lose that many extra, people will question what the hell Franklin is doing and it'll look like the program is out of control. I think we're realistically looking at around 18.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so certain, that is 10 extra scholarships we have to free up. I think 1 comes from Hackenberg which gets us to 14 and leaves us with 9 more players that need to leave the team, get booted from the team for "rules violations" (SEC bullshit if that happens), transfers, or early departures. If we lose that many extra, people will question what the hell Franklin is doing and it'll look like the program is out of control. I think we're realistically looking at around 18.

There is NO WAY we are only taking 18 with offers out to both a kicker and punter. 23 -full c lass. There will 5th year seniors not coming back, kids who realize they are never going to see the field and transfer...especially kids Franklin didn't recruit. He'll never boot a kid for the ship, but they will have the talk with them and let them know they're most likely never going to see the field and offer to help them in any way if they choose to go elsewhere. Also get Stanko off the books (he still counts against our total. I found 6 pretty quick I could see leaving or not getting their 5th year.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You like Hamlin so much you put him on twice LOL

We have a very good chance with every player you listed. Betiku and Nixon being the toughest pulls.

Oops didn't even notice that lol. Just take him off once and that would leave us at 24. Betiku would be a massive pull, that kid is an absolute monster. Him and Simmons coming off the edge would be a nightmare for the B10 for the next couple years.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Commit #11 is in, Blake Gillikin, Punter from Atlanta GA, #4 punter in nation with offers from UGA, UK, Northwestern. Huge pickup for PSU, punting cost us at least 1 (maryland) and probably at least 2 (Illinois) last year.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Commit #11 is in, Blake Gillikin, Punter from Atlanta GA, #4 punter in nation with offers from UGA, UK, Northwestern. Huge pickup for PSU, punting cost us at least 1 (maryland) and probably at least 2 (Illinois) last year.

Not sure if giving punters a scholarship is the best idea but they do change field position and can help win a game. Just hesitant on the scholly thing. Don't get me wrong Gillikin seems like a great pickup and hope his commitment helps us in the GA area with future prospects.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if giving punters a scholarship is the best idea but they do change field position and can help win a game. Just hesitant on the scholly thing. Don't get me wrong Gillikin seems like a great pickup and hope his commitment helps us in the GA area with future prospects.

Pulling a kid from GA with an UGA offer is huge. I was never one for scholly to punter, but our's REALLY hurt us last year. Look at how valuable OSU punter was against bama. With our D, flipping the field could be priceless weapon

BTW, this should make it clear we are signing closer to 25 than many think

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pulling a kid from GA with an UGA offer is huge. I was never one for scholly to punter, but our's REALLY hurt us last year. Look at how valuable OSU punter was against bama. With our D, flipping the field could be priceless weapon

BTW, this should make it clear we are signing closer to 25 than many think

Getting connections in the south is key to future recruiting success. Really hope we can build a pipeline in Florida, GA, TX, and Carolina's. Manly Texas and Florida would be amazing if we could pull 2-3 kids a year from there. It just seems they are faster in the south. Urban Meyer has shown what you can build when you have ties to Florida. He brought the Florida speed mixed together with the Big10 power which made for a Championship team. Now if Franklin and his staff can branch out more down in the south and the Georgia satellite camp is great start then we can start seeing us also seeing the same amount of success OSU has. Now we all new Franklin could recruit, my main concern is can he coach the 4-5 star stud players. Its easier I feel coaching 1-3 star players because they aren't the elite and normally aren't the pre-Madonna's like the 5 star kids are. Wrangling that talent and controlling 17-18 year old freshman immaturities is a tough job. They are coming from being the star of their HS and now thrown in with other players equal if not better then them. Franklin so far as shown he can succeed in the Big10 and I am hoping we can start winning 10+ game seasons. Right now we have to many other teams ahead of us in perception of power. Below is how I see how people see the Big10. Now that's not who I think is best but overall perception. We can control are own destiny if we can start beating the Tier 1&2's teams. Teams 1-4 are there because they win and they are also do well in recruiting. We got the recruiter now we give Franklin some time to start building I really can see us move up. He has focused hard on what I have been saying for years build up the front lines. Protect the QB with big nasty o-lineman and sack/disturb the QB with big, fast d-lineman. Franklin is building 1 BIG Wisconsin style o-line and I cant wait to see them finally gelling and rolling. Please don't kill me for my tiers its just my opinion on what I see and hear from others. Cant wait till the season starts. We Are...Penn State!!!

Tier 1
1) OSU

Tier 2
2) MSU 3) Wisc 4) Michigan

Tier 3
5) Nebraska 6) PSU 7) Iowa

Tier 4
Rest

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I'd swap Michigan and PSU.Michigan is a mess right now and have no QB. We have a nice schedule and should win 9-10 and as the OL gels, gets experience going forward we'll be better every year. Franklin and co can coach. They took a very young, half full roster and had the #2 defense in the nation with little help from th O. Also had several young skill players contribute and did what they could with a patchwork OL. The guy won 9 games twice at Vandy, which is unheard of. In the end, Jimmys and Joes beat X's and O's anyhow

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I'd swap Michigan and PSU.Michigan is a mess right now and have no QB. We have a nice schedule and should win 9-10 and as the OL gels, gets experience going forward we'll be better every year. Franklin and co can coach. They took a very young, half full roster and had the #2 defense in the nation with little help from th O. Also had several young skill players contribute and did what they could with a patchwork OL. The guy won 9 games twice at Vandy, which is unheard of. In the end, Jimmys and Joes beat X's and O's anyhow

Once again this not my predictions on who has best team this year but what I think everyones (non PSU fans) views of the Big10. I am from Florida and hear nothing but shit talk about the Big10 before last year. OSU win helped a little bit in the perception of our league but 1 main thing that doesn't help us is our lack of bowl wins. Not Penn State we do great but the entire league. Michigan may look they will have a bad year but I never count them out. Side note I still think Nebraska was stupid for firing Bo. (don't share this post with Big Red or other Nebraska posters they will ban you in a heart beat). How do you fire a coach that won 9+ games every year. They will be kicking them selves when they start having only 7 win seasons. Hope I am wrong I like Nebraska my best friend is a cornhusker but they a crazy. The fan base got delusional thinking Tom Osbourne days of success would stay forever. Wonder if Nebraska regrets joining the Big10.